Author Topic: Monday, March 27, 2017  (Read 1214 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Monday, March 27, 2017
« on: March 27, 2017, 07:54:13 AM »
Happy Monday Morning,

It's the last monday of the month already. Where did March go?

We got our kids all back to their apartments after spring break. Our son was home and he studied the entire time with a few breaks for work, going out to dinner once and breakfast once. He also helped around the yard with cleanup. He was a pleasure to have home all alone. Being the middle child we never have him all alone. The youngest flew back home from a week in Florida where she stayed with good friends. I'm sure she was spoiled rotten by them. Now comes the final eight weeks of the semester and then son graduates! Yay!

We've got a busy week this week and next. The one builder has time later this week to do our windows, bathroom and door project. Then next week is the electrical work so it's all happening at once. I'm glad because then it is done this spring and then it will all be done before summer when all the kids come home.

But I struggle with anxiety when we have projects. I imagine "issues" and get very nervous.  Hubby knows this so he will be a great comfort to me.

Meals...well, we plowed through a lot of freezer and pantry while son was home. I will have to see what is available and what I can put together with the slim remainders from the freezer and pantry. We had a wonderful chicken and fried rice yesterday as I found a container of brown rice in the freezer, some marked down coleslaw from the fridge and half a bag of peas, egg substitute and a small amount of soy sauce. Used all those leftovers and had a very popular lunch. I have a lot of mashed/pureed butternut squash in the freezer. I wish I knew what to do with that. It is mashed because hubby can't digest the fiber/stringy stuff so I have to puree.

That's my day/week!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Cheryl

Re: Monday, March 27, 2017
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 08:33:59 AM »
Good morning, Alice & everyone.

We had a rainy weekend, but managed to get a couple of small items crossed off the to-do list.  Saturday morning we went to Lowe's and got new filters for the lawn mowers, along with a new battery for one, and bought a new ceiling fan for the kitchen.  It was on clearance for $30 and the last one they had.  We looked at this same fan last week, but it was marked $79 then, so by waiting a week we saved quite a bit.

The ceiling fan in our living room stopped working a couple months back.  It's a Hunter brand which has a good warranty.  I've been playing email tag with the company for weeks about getting it fixed, with them first saying one thing and then another about what part we needed.  I was getting the run-around and commented so on their Facebook page.  Finally someone higher up in the chain contacted me and said to pick 3 fans up to $170 in price, send them my top 3 picks, and they would order one for us.  The new fan is nice and I am glad they honored the warranty.

Today is the start of our spring break, but we don't have anything exciting planned.  I would like to work outside because it's supposed to rain again this week. 

Hope you all have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 08:45:41 AM »
Good Morning Alice, Cheryl and any who may follow!

I am trying to get myself motivated today.  Had a really low key Saturday and Sunday.  Saturday we went to see "The Last Word".  It was a cute movie.  A lot of profanity, but I liked the story.   We didn't do much else all weekend.  It was kind of nice to just be home and not have somewhere we "had" to be. 

Watched a documentary type show on PBS last night about "Grandma Gatewood" who did an Appalachian Trail hike thru at age 67 or so, and then ended up doing the entire trail 3 times in her life.  It was interesting.  I would love to hike on the Appalachian Trail, but NEVER the entire 2200 miles at once!!  That is like a 6 month walk!!   

Still waiting for some kind of Spring weather.  Well, I guess we have had the Springlike rain, but still fairly low temps.  I think we are looking at cloudy and maybe 50-52* for today.  I really am looking forward to some sunny days. Soon I hope!

Today is laundry for me.  I should be able to get it all done and put away today. 
Hubs is about an hour away for work today, but will be home by dinner. 

Dinner is chicken stir fry.  I have some colored peppers that need to be used up, so that will be a good use for them. 

Hope everyone has a great day! 

Cheryl: glad you could get your fan situation resolved.  We are looking for better weather to clean up the yard.  It is so wet out there. 

Alice: have you ever heard of butternut squash macaroni and cheese?  It might be a way to use up some of that puree you have.  Here is a link to a recipe to give you an idea.  It only uses 3/4 cup of actual cheese, so shouldn't be too expensive to make if you already have the puree.  Just a thought.

http://pinchofyum.com/healthy-mac-and-cheese
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 10:16:03 AM »
Good morning!

I had a great visit with my parents on Friday while Christie was at A day at the university.  We also celebrated her birthday with them before coming home.

Saturday was Christie's birthday.  I worked on my project list and also took her birthday shopping.  I got myself a new Sunday outfit for church.  We celebrated her birthday then in the evening Christie and I went to the General Women's Session (the LDS church has a general conference twice a year.  The women's session--for females 8 and older--is the week before).

Yesterday we had church. 

It's been quite wet lately.  On and off rain.  I'm glad.  :)

I mentioned a few weeks ago that one side of our yard's fence was broken when we had some high winds.  Our neighbors on that side had been planning to replace their whole backyard fence and had already contracted with a fence company to do the work.  It was finished last week and really looks great. 

This whole week is spring break.  I will work on my project list and also have the kids help with house pickup and other jobs.  Christie works today, and when I take her over, I'll take the boys and we'll go the children's museum for a few hours. 

Not sure what dinner is.  Maybe a soup or casserole since it's a chilly, rainy day.

Merilee

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 05:39:22 AM »
Pam, I've read the book called Grandma Gatewood's Walk.  Very interesting!  She was also the first woman to do the whole Appalachian Trail, and she had none of the great equipment we use today.  She did it in ked-type tennis shoes with a shower curtain for shelter.  Quite a woman!

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 07:21:49 AM »
Cathie: It was an interesting program.  Unbelievable that she could do that dressed and prepared (or unprepared) as she did! 

You came to mind while I was watching it as I know you are such and avid hiker!  Maybe I will pick up that book sometime!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25