Author Topic: Sunday, March 16,2014  (Read 1185 times)

Offline wrancher

Sunday, March 16,2014
« on: March 16, 2014, 10:41:15 AM »
Good Sunday Morning to ya

Offline wrancher

Re: Sunday, March 16,2014
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 10:51:35 AM »
In from doing chores for right now. I have 100 pds of meat in sink to make my summer sausage with. I have to grind it all next. I will probably grind twice to get mixed good then add seasonings. I have swiss steak in crockpot.  We had some friends over last night and we didnt have chips but I have plenty of carrots and celery. They were thinking I was thinking they needed to eat healthier when really it is called serve what you have.  Today I also want to can some carrots. What do you all do with carrots, freeze, cook, etc. DD will go back to college today after she comes in from helping build some windbreaks.  This is what you get.  I am off to figure out what else I am making and what needs used up around here. This week will consist of getting younger kids after school as DD is in track and she will be the only one in a sport.  That will seem so strange everyone should be home by supper time so we can actually all eat together as a family. I always thought that sounded so strange why people didnt eat as a family as we try to make our family be together when possible. Well lots to accomplish.  Enjoying some coffee and tiny bit of computer time as it is quiet as the rest of the family is helping DH build windbreak. ahh enjoying it while it lasts.

Have a great Sunday
Janice

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 05:06:51 PM »
Good afternoon,
   I have my seeds all organized in a box, instead of stuffed down in the mailers they came in. Much easier to see what I have without going through all the mailers.  ;) Kevin helped me get the shelves and lights all ready for my seed starting. I am excited as I will have room for 8 trays this year. Last year I only had 2 trays. I have 9 different types of heirloom tomatoes to start, 4 sweet peppers, 1 hot pepper, 3 eggplant, 2 cabbage, 1 cauliflower, 1 brussels sprouts, and 2 broccoli. I also have a few herbs to start early. I am so hoping this will be a good garden year. Money will be so tight all year, so I am depending on this garden to feed us until next summer.
   Yesterday was a rough day. I started to St. Joe to buy more trays and lights. Just got off I-29 when the car started making a loud noise. I pulled over to find I had a flat tire. Now I know how to change a tire, but these are all new tires. I knew that since the station put them on, I would not be able to get the lug nuts off. I  called Kevin. He was coming to help, but then I thought of Jonny. I was in St. Joe. He lives in St. Joe. He told me he would be right there to help, so I called Kevin back. Can you believe that it was a valve stem failure. New tires and the valve stem fails.  ??? Jon said that unless you request new ones put in, they just reuse the old ones.  :o Anyway, our boy changed the tire, helped me take it to Walmart to get a new valve stem put in, then put the tire back on for me. I paid him in chocolate. LOL I am so thankful for the cell phone. I think we are going to let it go next month because we need the money for the funeral bill, but after this, not so sure.  :(
   We are also debating on canceling our chicken order. The chickens are already paid for, but it will cost quite a bit to grow them out. I just don't know what to do. Kevin has left the final decision to me. We are stressed to the max and almost decided to just give up everything and move to town last night. Thankfully we slept on it and talked more today. This little 5 acre place that we got from Kevin's dad is our dream. My honey does not do well owing money, and the funeral director has told us we need to get the funeral paid for as soon as possible. So all our plans this summer are down the drain. Every spar penny will be applied to what we owe. Sorry to keep burdening all of you, but sometimes when I type all this out, it makes me feel better.  :(
   It was 74* yesterday, and 37* today with an inch of snow. Typical March weather for Missouri. Mustn't forget the March winds. They have been blowing in force. LOL Well, I guess I will get off here and get something done. You all have a good evening.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 06:21:30 PM »
I haven't been posting in the daily much but I read here and there.

We have spent the day (and much of yesterday) cleaning, REALLY decluttering, our garage.  We have rearranged and gotten rid of some things here and there, but this time we have gone through every clothing tote, the canning jars, each cabinet and shelf, and so on and have been RUTHLESS in paring down.  It feels so so so so good to get this done.  We are pretty much through with going through things and Earl is just putting some tools and things in totes to arrange it out there.  We need the garage floor free of stuff for when they dig it out for the storm shelter a week from tomorrow.  Earl also went to Target and got some clearance totes and put all my canning jars into them.  I have so many it's not even funny.  I have a dream to someday have them all filled at once, lol.

Yesterday morning, before we started on the garage, we did the boys' room while they were gone.  It is all nice and clean and we washed their sheets.  I do still need to go through their drawers and neaten them up, but the closet and under the bed is done.

So glad we don't have homeschool co-op this week (spring break)...I need to clean the house now.

Janice, that is a LOT of sausage...hope it went well!
Winona, glad you were safe when the tire went and that you were able to get help so easily.  I'm sorry things are rough right now.

Catherine