Author Topic: Saturday. July 12, 2014  (Read 1114 times)

Offline wrancher

Saturday. July 12, 2014
« on: July 12, 2014, 08:19:18 AM »
 Good Morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Saturday. July 12, 2014
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 08:25:30 AM »
Yesterday I was able to go to city after lunch and get a haircut,  picked up repaired 4 wheeler (finally) and did a sams club run and menards. Tody is check cows and hopefully hay and genera; housework. I bought new filters for my air conditioner yesterday as my renters unit was having problems and I thought Id better check mine. That was disgusting. I ususally keep extras and change them but ran out and forgot. So I may have to clean coils I need to check today. That is in my messy utility room so good incentive to clean up. Allison set up the pool but left water running through night and 2 of the legs buckled so need to fix that. I think I can lift with skid steer and reinforce legs with some iron we have hopefully

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 10:46:04 AM »
Good morning.

Today I have picked the last of my cucumbers, shredded, and froze them in 1 cup portions.  I'll use these in making the cucumber spread we like.  I've also blanched and frozen some cabbage and put up some tomatoes.  I think that's all I have to do until Monday when I'll go to my parent's and pick corn.  They always grow a lot and give us enough to freeze and/or can.

I need to get busy straightening up the house.  My oldest daughter and grandbabies will be here soon. 

Have a great day!   :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 11:05:23 AM »
Good afternoon, ladies!

I've got some laundry going, done some NSA website work, and finished some online shopping (had a coupon that will soon expire).  Jean's gone off to the city to play two gigs, so it's just a quiet, at-home day for me I think.  I'd like to make a lemon curd tart for tomorrow's dessert and finish all of the laundry (including sheets), but not much else on the agenda.  It's a Harry Potter weekend on ABC Family, so I see of lot of that in my future ;D.  I could use a quick run to the grocery store, but I am so not motivated to go on a weekend, since that's when so many people do their shopping.  Also, the store I would go to is near our local Thai restaurant, so it might be just a little too tempting to pop in and pick up lunch  ;D.  Best to just stay home and not to spend any extra money anyway.

Hope you all have wonderful days on your homesteads!

Mandy
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥