Author Topic: Monday, February 22, 2016  (Read 1362 times)

Offline wrancher

Monday, February 22, 2016
« on: February 22, 2016, 06:45:27 AM »
Good morning

Offline Cheryl

Re: Monday, February 22, 2016
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 06:53:47 AM »
Good rainy Monday morning.

I am dragging today but can't get motivated to kick it into a higher gear. :D. I have so much I need to be doing.  I am sitting here listening to the rain instead of getting started.

Tony is off work today, so not sure how much I will actually get accomplished as far as housework goes.  I hope he will want to work on one of the many little household projects we need to do, but we'll see.  Supper tonight is supposed to be taco soup so I guess I need to get that started in the crock pot.

Have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 06:54:25 AM »
Nice weekend. I ended up taking Ashley to the city Saturday and she got her prom dress (2nd store) and everything else as we are running out of time. Then we made it back on n time for Lanes last home game. Then yesterday we all made it to church as family as we weren't at a basketball tourney out of time. We went to a Mason's breakfast downtown then home to do more chores and I worked on house. We had our 1st calf so we are started calving. Today is chores, watch cows and a truck comes to take calves that we have been feeding to the sale barn. Enjoying our bountiful basket. Any ideas on your favorite ways to use leeks? I am thinking crockpot potato leek soup. But I have lots of leeks.

Coffee time
Janice

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 07:31:47 AM »
We're coming off from a rough weekend. There is a couple of sickies in my home with the stomach flu and diarrhea. Hope it doesn't last long!

In Kalamazoo, MI there was a terrible random shooting spree killing 6 people and injuring two more. It is so close to our hearts because my husband was a police officer there until he retired three years ago. These are his colleagues working this crime and the stress level must be incredible. So many families lost loved ones for no reason and a young teenager is fighting for her life. Please say a prayer for the families and the officers as they need to work through this.

I see my parent's health declining and I'm trying to help--mostly just trying to see if they can continue to live in their own home. Mostly I say YES but once in a while I wonder. They would be horrified to have to leave their home and so I want to respect that so maybe a few more visits just to make sure things are OK is the right thing to do. I have four brothers but only one of them is interested in them so between the two of us I think we can keep an eye on the old folks.

March is coming and that is when hubby hopefully will get his hip replaced. It's my daily prayer that there are no cancellations, postponements or anything else to stand in the way. Spring might come also and that will also be very welcome.

Since there are stomach issues for two of the three of us, I'm not sure what dinner will be.  I'll ask them how they feel and decide from there.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 08:11:48 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!

I am off to a much better start than I have been the past couple of weeks.  I can see Spring at the end of the tunnel and am holding on tight to that!  Although they are saying major snowfall come Wednesday afternoon.  Hopefully that will be the end of it!

Over the weekend we took our son to South Bend to sign his letter of intent to play baseball at the Univ. of Indiana at SB.  Glad to have that done.  We were suppose to go last weekend, but roads were terrible so the coach postponed until this past Sat.  Proud of him and his making a decision that seems to be a good fit for him from the offers he had on the table. 
The school he is at now is literally a one minute drive from one of the shooting sites in Kalamazoo.  It truly has been frightful time.  I can't imagine what your husband's thoughts are on the whole situation, Alice.  I'm sure he is concerned for his former colleagues. 

This morning I have refried beans going in one crockpot, and some steak meat for tacos going in another.  So, dinner is well on it's way.  I need to throw a load of laundry in the wash, and head to the store for a few things.  I need to start picking up a few things for our trip to FL next week, and a couple things to get us through this week as well.  I hope to keep it as trim as possible to keep my budget in order. 
I am showered and dressed, so that is a step ahead of how I have been as of late!  LOL!  I feel like I have been kind of stuck in a hole, but am starting to come out of it finally. 

Not too much other than shopping and laundry to do for today.  Hope everyone has a great and productive day!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 08:46:29 AM »
Good morning!

We had a good weekend.  On Saturday, I drove down to see a friend who lives about 30 minutes away to deliver some space heaters to her.  Her rental home isn't very well insulated and they were cold at night, and I had 2 space heaters that we didn't need so I took them to her.  We ended up chatting for about 2 hours.  It was a nice break.  Yesterday was church.

I've been cleaning out the fridge so I have a really long shopping list.  I will do that after I drop off the twins at school.  I also have Mt. Washmore to deal with. 

Hope you all have a great day.

Merilee

Offline Shelly

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2016, 09:07:09 AM »
Good morning!

Wow, this weekend was gorgeous and now this morning, it's snowing. I like the snow normally, but the kids are sure getting restless inside. Today is just a home day. I have lots to do, though and I'm hosting my first book party on wednesday and I'm teaching an adult sunday school class on sunday, so I've got to get ready for those too.

Dinner tonight will be beef pot pie
Wife to Trevor for 16 years and SAHM to Maisie (4) Liam (4) Aedric (1) Harold (1)

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2016, 01:07:12 PM »
Good afternoon and Happy Monday!

I have been busy this morning and just decided to sit down and catch up here while I eat lunch and watch the Chew.

Went to the gym this morning for a cycling class and then went to the chiropractor and to the store on the way home.  I went in for orange juice and ended up spending $70.   :o  Got good stuff though so I am happy.

The rest of the day will be
*doing some organizing in the master bedroom closet
*getting dinner in the Instant Pot (kalua pork)
*Trevor has swimming (we may skip it.. he's got a cold and they are swimming in the outdoor pool while they wait for a part for the pool he usually swims in)
*fill out paperwork for Brandon's appointment with an orthopedic doctor tomorrow (shoulder issue)

The rest of my time will probably be spent on Pinterest and sitting outside reading (Spring is here in Northern California), if I am honest  ;)

Janice - potato leek soup sounds great!
Alice - hope the sickness leaves your house and that everyone is feeling better.