Author Topic: Monday, February 24, 2014  (Read 1189 times)

Offline wrancher

Monday, February 24, 2014
« on: February 24, 2014, 11:28:05 AM »
Good Morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Monday, February 24, 2014
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 11:29:45 AM »
Snowing here! UGH 4 inches and still going.  I have outside chores done and wioll work on bookwork after DH goes out. He went to get mail. DD won tourmey!! We are on a roll  be right back

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 11:45:00 AM »
Good afternoon,

It is cold here, but at least it isn't snowing.  ;) Today I have my normal Monday cleaning. I also need to start another sweet potato in water. I started 3 and so far only one has any roots started. So I will start another just in case.  :D

I visited with mom yesterday and got her bills and meds ready for March. Mom would have nagged me all week, so I decided to just get it done.  :) We also visited Kevin's mom, but didn't get to talk to her. She was in bed asleep. They changed her meds, but she is still in a great deal of pain. When she gets to sleep, we don't bother her. She was having trouble keeping anything down yesterday, but I called the home this morning and she is no longer vomiting, but still in pain. They are giving her maximum pain meds. She takes pills and a strong pain patch on her chest. It just isn't doing any good any more.  :'(

I need to sweep, scoop litter box, do dishes, and press some fabric. I sent another seed order this morning. Decided to start a medicinal herb garden. I also ordered 3 books on growing and using herbs.

Our Berkey water filter came Saturday. Kevin got it set up and the filters charged or primed or whatever you call it. The water tastes so good. I think I will drink more water now. It sure is pretty too!

Janice, have a good day. Sorry you are getting snow, but hope you don't send it down this way.  ;)

Everyone have a wonderful Monday.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 12:14:01 PM »
Good afternoon!

I should be checking Emily's school work right now but I want to go outside while it's sunny and not too cool.  The cold and rain is supposed to be moving back in tomorrow and Wednesday.  I'm so over winter. >:(

Winona- what books have you found on medicinal herbs?  I've always been interested in starting an herb garden but have not done much about it.  I'd be interested in what you grow in yours if you don't mind sharing.

Supper tonight is pork roast cooked in the crockpot.  It's smelling so good in here!  Tony & Emily like to eat it with bbq sauce but I like it plain.  We'll have green beans and corn with it and I may have a salad.

Have a great day! :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn