Author Topic: Tuesday, September 8, 2015  (Read 660 times)

Offline wrancher

Tuesday, September 8, 2015
« on: September 08, 2015, 07:13:55 AM »
Good morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Tuesday, September 8, 2015
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 07:24:55 AM »
Nice fall day.  75-80s all week. Today Allison has volleyball game away and Lane has home football game. I am gonna haul a load or 2 of hay.  I have servants going.  Lots of laundry after camping. The kids built forts with a lot of blankets and sleeping bags ugh. They caught some huge fish. Now it is back to reality. We will be chopping silage, planting wheat, hauling hay, etc. this week. I am going to city about noon today for Alison's game.  Better get running

Janice

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 08:04:32 AM »
Good morning!

Janice, that sounds like fun, the camping and fishing and your temps.

We have been in the 100s the past few days, but are expecting a "big" cooldown with storms this evening, and "only" to be at a high of 90 tomorrow, then mid to upper 80's the rest of week, but possibly 79-80 on Saturday.  We will take ANY cooling we can get at this point.  Beyond done with summer, and we've actually had way less days in the 100s than most years.

Having a bite of breakfast then will head to the school to help in Micah's classroom for a bit.  His teacher is the very organized type, and prepares a work folder for me so I can just jump right in and do what she needs done.  Primarily, I make copies, laminate things, cut stuff out, prepare special folders (such as Rocket Math or some special American History ones they worked on last week), and so on.  This woman puts so much time and effort beyond class time alone that I am glad to be able to help just a bit so she doesn't have to stay quite so late every night.

We have the Primary Open House tonight (K-2nd, so Micah and Max), as well as some AHG stuff.  Earl will take the open house and I'll be at AHG.  We have some major planning to do for upcoming campouts as well as a big canoe/backpacking trip next summer.  So exciting!

Dinner tonight is probably turkey potpie, made with leftover turkey from yesterday.  Trying to mostly eat from the freezer/pantry for the next week.

Catherine

Offline Anne Ofalamo

• ~never lose your JOY
    • anne of alamo blog
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 08:09:44 AM »
Up late from a fun weekend.  Kids are all off to school, cept twins, who are in practice mode for their GED. I am in slow mode. Got one cup of coffee in me, but need to shake off the slug feeling. Waking up late always throws me.  Planning on swimming today.  Doing some leftovers for dinner.  Just have to slice up the steak for a salad and pop 16 pots in oven.  My kids are bake potato fiends! lol
Some leaves are down, due to a bit of cooling off so I am 1/4 thru a pretty crochet blanket for a newborn boy coming soon. Avocados and pale yellow. (LIon King nursery). That is what I really want to do...but
laundry awaits. 
I will think of you Janice bringing in hay and washing blankets (ugh is right)
Catherine: turkey pot pie homemade, made my mouth water! and yeah to an organized teacher!!

married 25 years
7kids
boys; 19(married), 17, 10, 8, and 7
twin girls 16
2 dogs
blogging our life here

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 09:31:47 AM »
Good Morning Ladies! (well, barely, but still!)

You all sound like you have busy days ahead of you!  Our heat is suppose to break, but I'm not feeling it yet. It has been so so humid around here. Just stifling. We are suppose to have more fall like weather for the rest of the week.  Including rain. I am all up for it, but no way ready for fall, because coming on it's heels will be winter!! I am so not ready for that!

Anywho!.... For me today, is bathrooms (ugh!), and a long long long overdue haircut!! I have been waiting until the last minute, because my stylist has to have back surgery this week. I have waited until just before her surgery because she will be off her feet for about 8 weeks. I am hoping to be able to wait that long between cuts. Might go a little shorter today just to make it last.  In the meantime, I will be helping her out with some home duties and cooking, grocery shopping, whatever she needs to make her time out of civilization go as easy as possible.

Today is the first day of school for most MI students. We have a law that public schools can't start until after labor day. It has to do with tourism, and they "say" families being able to spend more time together. Although private schools and some public schools get waivers so they started a week or so ago.  Seeing tons of first day photos on facebook, so much fun!  Kind of miss those days! Baby son started second year of college, so no first day photos here.  :'(

I guess I should get to the bathroom cleaning duty, and get on with all the things that need to be around these parts!

Hope everyone has a blessed day!!  Enjoy!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25