Author Topic: Mon. Oct. 3, 2016  (Read 653 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Mon. Oct. 3, 2016
« on: October 03, 2016, 09:34:08 AM »
It's kind of a mild day her for Oct.3 and it looks like it might be a nice week. I also heard Oct. would be a warmer more pleasant month than Sept. Looking forward to that.

Saturday was a very, very rainy day. Hubby and I were alone for the day and we had no laundry, no house cleaning, no cooking and pretty much just puttered for the day. We got a few groceries, came home, made bread, played a game, he played piano, I cleaned the fridge, got all the leftovers in the crockpot for a soup. Took a short bike ride between raindrops, went to recycling center, went to Horrock's, tossed around going out to eat and decided not to go as we weren't hungry, then watched a movie and went to bed early. It's very tiring doing nothing.

Sunday was a more pleasant day with some rain and sunshine. Our daughter came home from college for church and dinner and that was nice. We watched Titanic and went to bed early again.

I think we both needed the down time this slow weekend provided. We have been very busy in the month of Sept.  We have our work this week and I'm guessing it will be a slow week.

We are going to work hard on reducing the food in the freezer. It was getting empty but then summer produce and good buys on chicken came along so it's full again. I'm torn with having a nice supply of freezer stuff to make meals from this winter or should I empty it all and just shop weekly. The farmgirl in me likes having a well-stocked freezer but the older woman in me without any kids at home anymore tells me it doesn't make sense to have a well-stocked freezer anymore. Something for me think about.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Cheryl

Re: Mon. Oct. 3, 2016
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 09:49:21 AM »
Good morning.

We had a nice weekend, very low key.  On Saturday, my mother, sister, Emily, and I went to a festival in a nearby town.  We just walked around looking at the arts and crafts, but ended up buying 4 different flavors of fudge to sample.  Afterwards, we went to a park and spent some time relaxing and talking.

Yesterday Tony had to work.  Our oldest daughter came over with her 2 children and brought lunch for all.  We had a nice afternoon visit.  After everybody left I fixed a simple chili dog supper, tidied up a bit, then sat down to read and watch tv until bedtime. 

Today Emily is working on school assignments and I have diced up a bunch of jalapenos to put in the freezer and boiled a dozen eggs to snack on this week. I don't think I'm going to bother trying to make a menu for this month.  Instead I will be using whatever meat I have and fill in with canned or frozen vegetables.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Mon. Oct. 3, 2016
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 10:40:29 AM »
Good Afternoon Ladies!

Alice it sounds like your Saturday was quite busy. No wonder you were tired!  Your festival visit sounds nice Cheryl.

My weekend was pretty lackluster really. More of a hanging out kind of weekend at home, and it was so nice. We went to Mass Sunday morning and then to the chicken dinner after. Other than that, we watched sports and hung out. General cleaning and got all the AC's out of the windows and put away for the season. Sad to know we won't be needing them for at least 6 months or so.

Hubby left this morning to be on the road for work until Thursday. That means that I will be living the quiet on my own kind of life for a few days.

Will probably make a pot of soup that I can sip on for a few days. That will make it a quick easy for lunches or dinners. We bought a couple to go boxes of chicken at church yesterday, so I need to pull the meat off of those for soup, and then use the rest to get some broth going. Will use that for the soup as well.

I have a list of projects that I can work on in the next few days. Made a list, so now I need to decide where to start!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25