Author Topic: Tues. Jan 31, 2017  (Read 643 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Tues. Jan 31, 2017
« on: January 31, 2017, 07:09:13 AM »
Good Morning on this last day of January 2017.

We woke up to complete whiteness to the tune of about 3 inches maybe a bit more. Not sure. We were easily able to snowblow the driveway and travels were fine. Others have worse commutes and only a few school closings/delays. I don't mind this kind of snow since it is manageable and I can still get around.

I did not do my dusting of cobwebs like I had planned last night. Instead it was emptying, combining, gathering, organizing all kinds of other stuff. I tallied my January spending and was a bit higher than normal but I did help my daughter buy all her groceries for her apartment after being gone from it for 6 weeks.

I had such a craving for "fresh" last night so I put together a really good salad for supper. So it will be leftover soup for lunch and salad again tonight for supper. I want to buy a julienne parer so I can add carrots more easily to my salads.

Not much else on my agenda today. Just sitting nicely at work doing my thing and not worrying about what's going on outside. I don't have a window anyway. I have plenty to do being a month end so I best get moving.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Cheryl

Re: Tues. Jan 31, 2017
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 08:32:32 AM »
Good morning.

I have been adding up our spending for January too, Alice.  Some categories were a not-so-nice surprise but I guess overall it's not too bad.  Tomorrow begins a new month with a chance to do better.

We rearranged our bedroom last night and got a good workout in the process.  I like this arrangement much better than the way we had it.  When the new flooring is finished I would like to repaint and maybe add a nice rug.  We'll see what finances are like and decide.

I'm working on my meal plan for February and mostly have it figured out, just need to fine tune a couple of days.   Other things on my to-do list for today are laundry, mopping, bathroom detailing, and cleaning my front porch.  I would like to fit in some reading if I get a chance.

Have a great day!

Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Tues. Jan 31, 2017
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 08:44:07 AM »
Good Morning Alice and all who may follow!

My oh my!  I woke this morning at a regular-ish time, and then thought, I'll just lay here a few minutes.... an hour later I woke back up!  I must have needed that extra sleep. 

Can't believe it's going to be February tomorrow!  Seems like someone clicked time into high gear!  Remember when you were a kid and time just dragged on?  It took forever for Christmas to come, or for the last day of school before summer vacation?  Now I just can't keep up with how fast the days fly by!

I need to get in touch with with my local son. I need him to help me go drop hubs' car off at the park and ride for him.  He will be home tomorrow night.  It's right on the way for his coworker to drop him there.  Way out of the way to bring him all the way home.  I almost forgot about it.  If he can't do it, I can go meet up with them there and pick him up.  Either way will work. 

My day will consist of general chores that I find as I go about the day.  I really should make up a weekly chore/cleaning list to keep me on track.  With just the two of us, and hubby being gone a lot, things stay pretty together most of the time.  I need to do laundry, but I will wait until he gets home since he will have some to add as well. 

So, pretty quiet day for me.  Hoping to stay warm.  Is it Spring yet?? 

Cheryl: would love for you to post your menu. I could use some inspiration!

Take care and have a good day ladies!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25