Author Topic: Friday, January 2, 2015  (Read 686 times)

Offline wrancher

Friday, January 2, 2015
« on: January 02, 2015, 07:11:11 AM »
Good Morning  that was tricky to write . I always have a hard time getting used to the new year when I date things

Offline wrancher

Re: Friday, January 2, 2015
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 07:20:13 AM »
Today is more of the same. I really didn't get a lot done yesterday at all.  I no reason why just lazy I guess. Hopefully today I get with it.  I haven't been back down stairs to finish filing papers. right now I just have them all scattered around.  ugh Levi has a friend that has been here since new years eve. We will take him back sometime today.  Probably after we get done going to neighbors ice skating party.  Just chores and clean up around here. I need to make the kids sit down and write some thank yous that should have had done. Megan needs to order books for school. 

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 11:00:03 AM »
Good morning!

We spent yesterday on a decluttering roll.  Just sold an armoire this morning, as a matter of fact.  Feels good to get stuff out of here.  We still have about 150 items to go to reach our goal of 500 gone this week.  Went through the linen closet, pantry closet, and all the bathroom cabinets yesterday.  Probably could stand to do the kitchen cabinets and boys' room again though it hasn't been that long.  Also, the garage needs it, but it's too cold to comfortably work out there right now.

Today, is a relaxing day at home, or not.  Still am in the mood to declutter.  But we are supposed to have an ice storm moving in.  Right now, temps are hovering right at or a teensy bit above freezing, but this is supposed to be as warm as it gets so the evening precipitation will probably be where we start to have trouble.  We are prepared with gas for the generator, foods we can eat without the stove (camp stove or the micro hooked up to the generator), etc... .   Library books, Netflix, candles, an LED battery lantern, coffee percolator...bring it on!  I've got two loaves' worth of bread dough in the breadmaker and will bake in regular pans after a bit so we can easily make sandwiches if needed.  Thawing ground beef for easy skillet type meals if needed.  I've got lots of homemade broth made and another batch is going in the crockpot and ready whenever we need it.

Have a great day, all!
Catherine

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 11:31:37 AM »
Good late morning!

Today is more of the same of yesterday--continuing to work on my bedroom and taking care of other things that need to be done.

I implemented my new sleep procedures and I slept much better.  It was a little hard to stay off the electronics because so many times I've thought of something I wanted to look up but I managed!  Hope it gets better as time goes on.

Have a great day!
Merilee

Offline wrancher

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 04:00:01 PM »
Sad my renters are all moved out. But I am so happy. They did a good job cleaning. I may hit the oven a little bit and the stove is a ceramic flat top that needs a little attention but really very clean. Thank heavens I didnt want to do that right now. I actually am going to move some of Megans things over there till I clean out the storage shed this spring.