Author Topic: Monday, June 1 , 2015  (Read 1068 times)

Offline wrancher

Monday, June 1 , 2015
« on: June 01, 2015, 06:17:14 AM »
Good Moring

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Monday, June 1 , 2015
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 06:54:50 AM »
Good Morning Janice and all who follow!

I have a full day ahead of painting, painting, painting!  I finally have made myself start on the upstairs bathroom that I have been procrastinating with for so long.

I got it prepped and the trim done yesterday.  Today I will do the ceiling, doors, and then hopefully will be able to get the walls done as well.  My goal is to get the painting done today so I can move on to getting the floor tiles done and the toilet switched out tomorrow. 

We are headed to Detroit Thursday morning, so this has to be a three day job regardless of how late I have to stay up!

I can work on it until around 4:00 this afternoon, so I have to get busy.  Our youngest son has a ballgame tonight, so I will need to get ready to go around 4-4:30.

Hope everyone has a productive day!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 06:59:52 AM »
Good morning.

We had thunderstorms roll through last night.  I was just out checking the garden and everything seems to be ok, no wind damage that I can see.  Our cucumbers are almost ready to pick and we're already getting squash.  I could've sworn we had 6 zucchini plants but all I see is yellow squash.  They must have had the wrong label on them at the greenhouse. ???

Today promises to be a busy one.  I have to go help my daughter prepare to move.  There's a lot to get accomplished and not much time to do it all.  It's hard for her to get much done with 2 little ones, especially with one having special needs and the slightest change in his routine is very upsetting to him.

Tonight is the kickoff for the summer reading program at the library.  Emily wants to go to that, so I will have my day cut out for me.  I will drive 45 minutes in one direction to help my oldest daughter get as much done as we can today, then leave early enough to get back here, clean up, fix supper for Tony, and drive 20 minutes in the opposite direction to the library. 

I'm going to go take a deep breath and get started on my day. :D. Hope you all have a good one!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 07:45:26 AM »
Good morning!

I am trying something "new" this morning.  Well, not new, but haven't done it for awhile.  I made myself be up a couple of hours and getting things done before getting on the computer.  So, got my shower, sheets washed and in the dryer, another load of clothes washing, dishwasher unloaded, breakfast eaten, and Bible read (had to make up a day in my reading plan as I'd gotten behind).  Oh, and got Maddy off to her volunteer job at the camp.  One of her friends is also volunteering these first two weeks along with Maddy so her mom offered to do the early morning drive as she doesn't have any young children.  Then I'll picked the girls up at 6 PM on Friday.  Maddy will be volunteering out there for 5 weeks this summer, going to a science camp at OU for one week, and church camp one week--seven weeks gone sounds like a lot!  Guess this is what teenagerhood is like in a family where kids get to do things (my parents were the overprotective types).

Need to make out my to-do list for today and the rest of the week.  We got most everything marked off last week.  Earl put down new flooring in the boys' room and it looks good.  He is back to work today after his week off.

Still no news on what school the kids will be assigned to next year.  Strongly leaning toward homeschooling at least Max.

NO rain in the forecast this week!  Never thought I'd be excited about that after so very many years of drought.  But I am looking forward to seeing what the garden does with a chance to dry out.

Pam, hope the painting goes well.  At least thing will be nice and fresh after!

Cheryl, you do sound busy...hope the day goes well.  I am sure your daughter is appreciative of your help.

Janice, good morning!

Catherine

Offline wrancher

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 07:56:38 AM »
Looks like everyone is very busy today. We are back from wedding (only gone over night but felt like we were gone for a few days. Ha So today is cleaning and the usual chores. I think we will move cows to another pasture today. Probably take 2-3 hours or more you never know how it goes. So laundry and dishes are going. Need to order lawn mower belt as I broke a belt yesterday when we got back. ugh. I usually have a spare but I either didnt buy one or cant find it. I am gonna see if my MIL is still in city to bring one home. 

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 11:32:36 AM »
Good morning! 

Its been a nice morning here.  I got the hubs off to work and went to the gym for the cycling class.  Bought some more  strawberries at the roadside stand on the way home and just had a yogurt parfait made with them, some blueberries from my plant and topped it with some of a wheat free scone that I crumbled up.  It sure was good.  Glad that I had sent my hubs to work with the same breakfast.  He liked it too.  He usually has me make a smoothie for him so this was a nice change.

When I cam home the neighbor was walking up with some zucchini.  His plant is FULL of them.  He's just throwing them in the compost pile.  So I took some and I will see if any local friends want some.  My garden is growing well and veggies are starting to set.  I don't have much in it.  Its a decent sized raised bed so I have 3 varieties of squash, 3 varieties of tomato (all bush tomato plants) and a few pepper plants.

The rest of the day will be spent doing laundry with Trev.  He just got back from a Scout weekend, cleaning up their resident camp and WOW, was he dirty!  Brandon is on a trip with his old troop.  They are canoeing the Green River so I won't see or hear from him for a week.  I am sure he is having fun but I miss him!

Not sure what dinner is yet.  Going to figure that out.  I just watched Pioneer Woman and I am thinking that the chili burgers she made look awful good!   :)