Author Topic: Monday, October 5, 2015  (Read 1023 times)

Offline wrancher

Monday, October 5, 2015
« on: October 05, 2015, 07:49:23 AM »
Good Morning

Offline Anne Ofalamo

• ~never lose your JOY
    • anne of alamo blog
Re: Monday, October 5, 2015
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 07:58:59 AM »
Good Morning!!! Happy Monday!  :D

Just dropped my twin girls (16) up at the college for GED prep. They have been home schooled most of education and are ready to move to next level.  I cried.
Have 3 loads of my laundry sorted, and ready to go.
Dold and high chance of more rain today, Minestrone soup to be put in crock pot.
Hoping to steam clean my hall and a couple decorative rugs today.
married 25 years
7kids
boys; 19(married), 17, 10, 8, and 7
twin girls 16
2 dogs
blogging our life here

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 08:06:07 AM »
We had rain over the weekend. So I am finishing some bookwork. I am gonna sit here and ignore everything else (try to) and get this 1 thing I have to have done. Then if I have time do the other bookwork. I need to iron some clothes for a funeral tomorrow of a dear friend our age who has battled cancer for 3 years. So sad. 2 younger kids and his wife. No games today. I think we will work the calves we got in over the weekend this evening. Shouldn't take to long. We picked the tomatoes and pulled the plants. I pulled a few other plants and had kids take them to the chickens.  My mom and dad left today for my dad to get some tests done at the mayo. He will do 2 different tests while there. Hopefully get some answers.  Well already jumping around and checking laundry and getting dishes taken care of.  Better go

Coffee with bookwork
Janice

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 08:41:43 AM »
Good morning ladies,
   I have had a rough week or so. Friday, my twin brother, Ron, called and said they were taking his twin, Don, to the hospital in an ambulance. So I went to the hospital. He was there a couple of days. They did some tests and said he had a mini-stroke, gave him some blood thinners, and sent him home. When I got home from the hospital on Friday, Ron called again. Our cousin, Steve, was found dead in his floor by his wife. Steve was diabetic, but we thought he was in fairly good shape. He talked to his mom the night before and said he had heartburn, so was going on to bed. He had a heart attack. If you would please say a prayer for Steve's family, my aunt and uncle are 85 and 87. They are not dealing well with this.  :'(
   Yesterday, I stopped by Aunt Shirley and Uncle Tom's house after work to check on them. My cousin, Lori was there and asked what was wrong with Don. I thought she meant from Friday, but no, they rushed him back to the hospital yesterday. So I stood beside my aunt holding her hand for an hour while she talked about her Stevie. I am so glad I could do this for her. Then I rushed home. I will admit, I was speeding a bit. Then I saw the red/blue lights in my rearview mirror. Yep, got pulled over for speeding. He asked me why I was in such a hurry, so I told him that my brother was taken to the hospital and I was anxious to get home to see how he was doing. He was a very nice Missouri highway patrolman, and told me to go on, but slow down. I thanked him and apologized for not watching what I was doing. So that was a wakeup call for me. I seldom do anything to break the law, but going above the speed limit is breaking the law. I will watch it from now on.  :-[
   Don was having numerous mini-strokes, one right after the other. He had several in the ambulance and even 6-7 in the emergency room. I can tell you, we were all really scared. They are running more tests today. They gave him a shot of blood thinner and as of this morning, he hasn't had any more attacks. Please say a prayer for my baby brother. He is only 53 and just found our he is going to be a grandpa. My niece Hayley who married last August is expecting her first.  ;D
    On top of all this stress, I have only had one day in 10 off. I have today and 2 more days to work till I get a couple of days off. Looking forward to that. I worked early yesterday, and the care partner who was supposed to be there to help me, did not show up. So it was a rough day.
  Now I am done complaining. I love reading about your days. Don't have much time for posting anymore, but I still keep up with you all. I hope you all have a fabulous week.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline wrancher

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 11:06:48 AM »
Winona - so sorry to hear of your loss and everything going on.  Sending prayers...

Janice

Offline Rooney

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 03:02:35 PM »
Winona,Wow!  When it rains, it pours, doesn't it? :o  So terribly sorry about your cousin and hope your brother's health improves.  Miss hearing from you, but glad you are enjoying your job a bit more these days.  :)  You and Kevin take care.
Lindsay