Author Topic: Saturday, May 31, 2014  (Read 827 times)

Offline wrancher

Saturday, May 31, 2014
« on: May 31, 2014, 10:56:53 AM »
Good Morning

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
Re: Saturday, May 31, 2014
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 08:10:29 PM »
Good evening,

It has been a productive day around here. Kevin helped me get the framing up for the divider wall in the shed for ducks/grow out chicks. We built a neat gate for it. I put 1 inch poultry netting on both sides of the gate. I got the lights hung and all the bedding moved in. I just need to get the poultry netting on the wall part and spread the wood chips out. Then I am ready for my ducklings.  ;D I picked up another metal trash can. These work so well to keep feed in. I now have 4 of them lined up. They have duck feed, chick feed, layer feed, and rabbit feed. I am thinking I should mark on them what they each have in case Kevin ever has to do chores.  ;)
   Kevin got the rest of the yard mowed, then we both picked potato bugs off the potatoes. That will be a daily job for a while, I would guess.  :( Just the price we have to pay to have organic produce.  :)
   The garden is looking good, but boy, the weeds are trying to take over. We had the whole garden gone over last week, then had about an inch of rain and wow. So I need to get back to spending a couple of hours every morning in the garden with my hoe.  ;D
   Penny is a good mama. I can see her babies moving in the hair. Copper has made a nest in her box, but hasn't pulled hair yet. She seems quite confused, which is normal for a first time mama.  :D I finally got up the nerve to tell Kevin that I think Dano is a girl. LOL We will wait a bit more to be sure, then if I am right, build another hutch and find a male.  :)
   I think I will take tomorrow off, then finish my shed on Monday. I worked hard this week and feel like I need a break. I am already behind on the plan for Hayley's quilt. Can't be helped. I have had so much outside stuff to get done.  :(
   Well, I am thinking about bed. I got sunburned today, so hurting a bit. I didn't think I was in the sun that much, but I guess so. I inherited my dad's fair Irish skin and I burn very quickly.
   You all have a wonderful Sunday tomorrow.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie