Author Topic: Friday, December 5. 2014  (Read 1404 times)

Offline wrancher

Friday, December 5. 2014
« on: December 05, 2014, 05:31:42 AM »
Good Morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Friday, December 5. 2014
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 05:44:23 AM »
Day at home, kinda. Everyone is home except Ashley has practice 7:30-9. I want her to go get 5 angels from the angel tree so each of my kids can give back. Today I am cleaning off desk finishing some bookwork, paying bills, finish Christmas decorating, and normal laundry. dishes, chores, etc. With the kids home I have less outside chores.  I need to gather returns for the city as we go this weekend for Allisons tourney. I need to make the shopping list as I keep forgetting too many things. I am trying to decide if I buy some new decorations for my upstairs tree or just get it done. My downstairs tree is western and all decorated.  As I was going through some Christmas stuff some was so broken I just took it to buring barrel. The win is when I set up Christmas I am getting my utility room cleaned out. So the extra thing I want to do is clean my own bedroom today and have the kids help make some Christmas cookies

Coffee time
Janice

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 07:12:57 AM »
Good morning ladies,
   It is pouring down rain here, but above freezing, so all is good.  ;) I was supposed to have today off, but I am working for my coworker. Kerry has worked 9 days straight several times and seldom gets more that one day at a time off. She just happened to have this weekend off, so Wed. I told her I wanted to do something for her. I wanted to work for her on Friday so she could have a 3 day weekend. It made her cry and I cannot tell you how good it made me feel.  ;D I will miss working with her, but we have decided to keep in touch. It is weird how doing an act of kindness makes me feel better than the person receiving it.  :D
   Not much to do at home today, just piddling till time to leave for work. Kevin woke up at 3 a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep, so he got up. He has laid down for a bit now, so I need to be quiet. I hate nights when that happens to me.  :(
    I want to thank all of you for your kind comments to me on my quitting my job and coming back home. I knew you all had my back. You are a great bunch of ladies and I am blessed to call you friends.  ;D Home is where I belong, but at least now I know that I can work out and survive if I have to!  ;)
   You all have a wonderful day. Love you all.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 07:27:58 AM »
Good morning!

Having some low-carb, gluten-free (and delicious!) Italian Cream Cake for breakfast before I do the next round of school drop offs.  Kids are fighting this morning and even the dogs and cats are snippy...I am ready for some QUIET!  Is it a full moon?  ;)

As much as I hated to, I said no to an opportunity to hike today.  :(  My foot was bothering (top of right foot) me yesterday after the 8 miles the day before and I thought maybe I shouldn't purposely do any extra walking today.  Plus, the house needs some serious TLC.  I've had a couple acquaintances mention hiking this weekend and have plans to hike Monday as well, so hopefully the break will help my foot enough to participate then.  I wish I could explain how soothing the Refuge is emotionally.  Being out there is just healing, even besides the great physical activity it requires.

Dinner tonight is probably pizza.  We haven't done that in several weeks.

Catherine

Offline auntotiti

• Charlotte Cait
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 08:50:10 AM »
Good morning....
Up early and mind going three different directions..
DH working ot tonight and tomorrow as well.
This is the first time I have not put up decor the day after Thanksgiving...so I am feeling way behind.
It is up in top of garage, may attempt getting something down, usually DH does and I catch the stuff..
Kitchen cleaning and mopping today.
Rain supposed to be back later this afternoon.
Dinner chili over chips.
Have a blessed day.
Married to mybest friend Mike 38 yrs
Sons Josh and Phil
Two beautiful sweet daughters in love
Three adored grands
Malyna, Nolan, Charlotte

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 10:48:16 AM »
Good morning!

Thank goodness it's Friday.  This week has been go, go, go.  I am ready to relax this weekend!

Last night I went to the Festival of Trees with my best friend.  This annual event is the major fundraiser for our local children's hospital.  It started about 35-40 years ago with just a few decorated trees that were donated and auctioned off to raise money to provide charity care.  Now it is a huge event with quilts, wreaths, tabletop trees, full-size trees, gingerbread houses, gift boutique, candy shop and entertainment.  What is really cool is that 100% of the money earned through ticket sales and auctions is donated to the hospital.  The entire event is volunteer-run.  We had a great time talking, laughing and admiring the talents of the quilters and decorators, while simultaneously bemoaning our mutual lack of tree decorating talent.  :)  My friend had a new baby 7 weeks ago and she hasn't really gotten out of the house (except for school carpool and other such necessities) so it was great for her to get out and have some adult conversation.  I needed that too!  We are planning to get together in January and I am looking forward to that. 

Tonight is our church Christmas dinner so I will spend most of today making food for that.  I've had to make a schedule of what order I will make stuff because everything except the jello salad needs the oven.  I don't think I thought that through when I was signing up. :D Oh, well, I'll make it work.

In between making food, I need to do laundry.  That's about all that's going to get done today, I think. :)

Tomorrow we are going to a local shopping center that is a "village" of historical homes and do their Elf scavenger hunt.  Then Steven and I are going to see a local university's dance department put on a performance called "Christmas Around the World".  It's an annual program of dances from different countries.  Our niece and her husband are involved with it (I think they actually met when they were partnered) so that will be fun.  Sunday we have our usual church meetings then Sunday night is the annual Christmas Devotional by our top Church leaders.  Busy weekend but it'll be fun.

Have a great day and weekend!

Merilee

Offline Rooney

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2014, 11:49:06 AM »

Kids are fighting this morning and even the dogs and cats are snippy...I am ready for some QUIET!  Is it a full moon?  ;)

Cath, if it's a full moon, then it has been full for about the last 2 weeks around here.  ;) ;D I don't know, I am thinking mine get aggravated that Christmas is now "taking soooo long to get here". LOL ;D  Not taking long enough for me.

Offline Rooney

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2014, 12:02:02 PM »
Good morning ladies,
   It is pouring down rain here, but above freezing, so all is good.  ;) I was supposed to have today off, but I am working for my coworker. Kerry has worked 9 days straight several times and seldom gets more that one day at a time off. She just happened to have this weekend off, so Wed. I told her I wanted to do something for her. I wanted to work for her on Friday so she could have a 3 day weekend. It made her cry and I cannot tell you how good it made me feel.  ;D I will miss working with her, but we have decided to keep in touch. It is weird how doing an act of kindness makes me feel better than the person receiving it.  :D

Winona. you are such a wonderful lady with such a giving heart.  I am so glad to be able to call you a friend.

Offline wrancher

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2014, 04:13:15 PM »
Rooney -  I saw the cutest thing on pintrest. It is a felt tree that you put on wall and kids decorate over and over. A way to keep them out of the tree. Heres the link http://www.icanteachmychild.com/kid-friendly-christmas-tree/ 

Actually its for any little kids. Mine are too old now. ugh