Author Topic: Monday, February 16, 2015  (Read 1150 times)

Offline wrancher

Monday, February 16, 2015
« on: February 16, 2015, 06:34:17 AM »
Good Morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Monday, February 16, 2015
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 06:51:32 AM »
Nice to have a no school day. Looks like my crew is sleeping in.  Today is just a catch up day. We will get calving room ready and a crop insurance lady comes. After I go around cows I will do house, laundry, dishes and bookwork; I would like to clean out refridgerator and walk in. Even if I got 1 done I would be happy. Nothing exciting here. Oh Allisons team won the tourney! Levi on the other hand came in last. It was Levis 1st traveling tourney. the 1st half was terrible. ugh After that they got it figured out. The last game they were ahead then it was tied 50 seconds left in game. then they get 1 free throw and a basket. Oh well, they gained alot of experience.! Well I am off and running..

Coffee time...
Janice

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 07:33:28 AM »
Good icy morning. Hubby is still only half way home and he usually home about 20 min ago the roads are just bad and people lol slide off roads everywhere. I'm staying home! Hopefully roads will be better by 5 tonight when he leaves for work again. Please say a prayer for my dad he wasn't feeling good Friday morning at work and he thought he just had shoulder pain but his friend took him to the ER where they spend the next 12 hours trying to get his blood pressure down. The cadiologist said if he wouldn't of got there he wouldn't of survived a full blown heart attack. And to make me more upset he was/is in denial and didn't have my mom call me  grrrrr:(. He is home now and taking the meds they gave him and a few days off and has to call to make an appointment with the cardiologist tomorrow when they open. Not much going on today just staying warm. Have a great day everyone and Thanks in advance for the prayers.
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 09:32:50 AM »
Good morning!

We were supposed to be getting some snow and ice, but the forecast was changed to track more north of us.  All we have is rain with a little bit of ice. 

Tony is home today so we're just hanging out watching tv and reading.  I plan on staying in all day.

Have a good day and stay warm!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Linda

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 10:17:52 AM »
Good Morning... got about a inch of snow here.. just really pretty..
We are all home today, so there isn't any reason to clean so i will just work on my basement later... still getting things organized and throwing away stuff.
Just a very quite day today.
Cooking potato soup and cornbread for dinner.
 Linda

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 01:16:27 PM »
Afternoon Ladies!

Sitting here watching the snow come down and praying Jean makes it home soon and safe.  He's not far, but it's the last 2.5 miles up our mountain, through our neighborhood, and down our crazy driveway that will be the hard part! I've asked him to let me know when he gets close so I can shovel/scrape the driveway.

I went to yoga class this morning, then to the gas station and the grocery store afterwards.  It was busy, but I was in and out without much hassle at all, and I was able to get a few 'snow treats' for us :).  I am looking forward to a day or two of hibernating, scrapbooking, watching TV, and snuggling with puppy and hubby!  Dinner tonight is chickpea/turkey burgers.

Stay safe and warm out there!

Mandy
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 04:52:08 PM »
Mandy, can you share your burger recipe? They sound really good.

Hello everyone! I'm logging on late. The day started out very cold and never really warmed up as the sun didn't come out.

I had gotten some orange peppers off the reduced rack at the store and used them in a stir fry with leftover rice. It was really good. I'm looking forward to all the fresh summer produce!

Have a wonderful evening! Stay warm!

Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 08:14:57 AM »

Mandy, can you share your burger recipe? They sound really good.

Hi Jennie!

I don't have a recipe per se, I just cut the amount of meat (ground turkey) I use in half, and switch it out for mashed up chickpeas.  Then just do whatever you would normally do for seasonings and cooking method!  We love them.

Mandy :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2015, 05:17:39 PM »
Thanks, Mandy!
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!