Author Topic: Tuesday, February 17, 2015  (Read 810 times)

Offline wrancher

Tuesday, February 17, 2015
« on: February 17, 2015, 06:39:44 AM »
Good morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Tuesday, February 17, 2015
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 06:56:16 AM »
Yesterday was a strange day weather wise 1 minute would be nice the next a raging snow storm.  We didn't end up with much snow as it kept melting. It will be really slick when the kids go to school. I might take them as I need some ink to print out my mil bookwork and we go to accountant tomorrow so if I need to fix something I can get it fixed.  Then back to go around cows, then get ready for banker as it is coming to town for cow sale and stopping by our house. The joys of being a farmer/rancher.  What other profession would the banker, insurance agents, nutritionists, crop people, etc. actually come to your house to visit instead of us go to them. I wish I had a separate always clean space for them to come.  Ha. Tomorrow is Levi's 11th birthday.  I am totally not prepared for it.  I will have to make cupcakes (for school) and cake for home  quickly this afternoon before we go in for parent teacher conferences and the a basketball game. Back to very busy times again.  Seems like when calving starts everything is intensified.  Well better run.deicded to drive kids in

Coffee time...
Janice

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 07:41:06 AM »
Good morning!

We had a nice long weekend with no school on Friday (comp day for parent teacher conferences) and yesterday (President's Day).  Today we're back to normal.

The teens are off to school.  The younger two are still asleep.  I'm glad.  They've been going to bed a little later than usual and still waking up at their usual time so I'm glad they're sleeping.

On the docket today:  laundry, ironing, general house pickup, cleaning the microwave and stove/oven.  I spent some time yesterday going through the office, decluttering and organizing.  I'd like to continue that today so I have a box ready for donation tomorrow.  I'd also like to get started on our taxes.  The twins are coming today and this afternoon is the usual round of drop offs and pick ups.

Christie is working on a personal goal to learn more about cooking so she is making dinner for the rest of this month.  She started on Sunday and even though it's only been 2 days, she is doing a great job and it's so nice to not have to think about dinner.  She's still kinda slow so we've been eating later, which is why the boys are going to bed later. 

Hope you all have a great day.

Merilee

Offline Rooney

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 08:59:44 AM »
Mornin' ladies.

Haven't been on much the last week or so.  Just when I thought the sickness was over..... I REALLY got it.  Have you ever been too sick to watch TV?  Last week I was there.  Feeling so much better, but still have a pretty bad cough. It seriously feels like I might cough up a lung or something. The kids are mostly better, but this is something that seems to just kinda hang on. :P

We got about a foot of snow dumped on us yesterday.  Most everything is closed everywhere.  On the local news they even said that because of the storm, there was no bread on the shelves. (another reason for baking your own ;))  Steve made it home, but got hung up in the driveway.  A neighbor tried to get him out, but it eventually took my dad's big diesel to do the job. I was actually surprised he made it all the way to the driveway.  We live on a very back road, not even a secondary road, but whatever is after that.  Anyway it can become impassible very quickly.

Got my Azure order made last night right before the cutoff.  Had to use you ladies in the menu section for inspiration. ;)  Lately, when it comes to what to make for supper, I draw a blank. I am guessing because I haven't had an appetite to speak of.  Came up with several different things to fix.  Wish I had one cooking for a while like Merilee.  That must be so nice to get a break from wondering what's for dinner.  Tried a new cake mix last night (I know, cheating, but I needed easy).  Arrowhead Mills makes a really good chocolate one. It got rave reviews from my crew at least. :)

Lots that needs to be done today, but with being up all night coughing, I don't know how much will get accomplished.  Need to sweep badly, but kids broke the broom last night, so now it has to be vacuumed up instead.  Note to self:  in the future don't let kids eat dry rice krispies as a snack.  There is a box worth on the floors this morning. :P

Have a good day all.
Blessings.
Lindsay