Author Topic: Thursday, September 10, 2015  (Read 1404 times)

Offline Anne Ofalamo

• ~never lose your JOY
    • anne of alamo blog
Thursday, September 10, 2015
« on: September 10, 2015, 08:30:15 AM »
oh I was waiting, this thread has become a great motivator for me...I beg forgiveness if you would rather I didn't start it!
married 25 years
7kids
boys; 19(married), 17, 10, 8, and 7
twin girls 16
2 dogs
blogging our life here

Offline Anne Ofalamo

• ~never lose your JOY
    • anne of alamo blog
Re: Thursday, September 10, 2015
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 08:35:00 AM »
overcast and complete change of weather today! love every change, but this one is welcome!
took some boneless pork out to cube for green chile' fun.
Just mopped kitchen/dining room and front foyer. HOuse smells delightful
Visitation yesterday was such a joy, and they precious ladies had these (5) HUGE red plant pots (I adore red), and they were going to take to thrift store, offered to me. OH, I was so happy. I popped my existing plants, (pots and all) in them this morning. They just needed a good scrub.  I am grinning with JOY over the Red. 
More crochet today, hoping for now thunderstorms til after noon, so I may get some swimming in.  But welcome the rain always!
Husband has band practice tonight, so planning computer time with little (they have school work that can be done on puter) but I have to be there to keep extra mouse clicking. lol
I hope everyone is doing well this morning!
married 25 years
7kids
boys; 19(married), 17, 10, 8, and 7
twin girls 16
2 dogs
blogging our life here

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 11:06:15 AM »
Good Afternoon!

Anne, I can just hear the joy in your voice over those pots!  Good for you :)

Pretty normal day around here.  I woke up around 6:45 to see if my latest video had finished uploading to our YouTube channel overnight (it had!).  After sharing a morning coffee with Jean and packing up his lunch, I left for my class at the gym.  Since I've returned home I've been doing some NSA work and online stuff.  Left on the agenda today is:

*Vacuum
*Mail niece's birthday card
*Make bed
*Fold/put away last load of laundry
*Move Sunday's ribs out of the freezer to thaw
*Swipe bathrooms

I'm on my own for dinner tonight (Jean's at a DC gig, unless it gets rained out), so I pulled some already-cooked, single portion leftover meats out of the freezer and I can decide when the time comes.

Have a wonderful day, ladies!

Mandy
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 12:06:36 PM »
Good morning, ladies!

Anne - start the thread whenever you like.  It's a "whoever gets here first and feels like doing it" kinda thing.  ;)

We had a crazy busy day yesterday.. was gone just about all day and then my dogs got skunked last night to make the evening extra exciting.  ;D  Today, i am happy to have slept in (I went back to bed after I got the hubs out the door for a meeting that is 2+ hours away.. he left at 5:15 am)  Trevor is done with school for today and Brandon.. well, he's my later riser, so he is just starting.  ;)

Its supposed to be 108* today.  I'm over the heat... ready for, oh I don't know, maybe something in the 80's?  hahaha

Today, I am supposed to be canning salsa and I have yet to start it. Better get that going.  Trevor also has swim team later today and I will do the cycling class at the gym while he is swimming.

Not sure what dinner is.  I am thinking of something with chicken.

Have a great day, ladies!

Offline wrancher

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 12:09:57 PM »
Love that you started thread. Anyone does it. I was messing around on new computer this morning trying to set up email and still don't have it done   I am hauling hay.  I need to leave by 3 to go to allisons volleyball in my home town. I want to go visit a shop and my sister is meeting me and her baby granddaughter can't wait.

Offline Rooney

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 01:35:45 PM »
Good Afternoon!

Anne, I can just hear the joy in your voice over those pots!  Good for you :)

Pretty normal day around here.  I woke up around 6:45 to see if my latest video had finished uploading to our YouTube channel overnight (it had!). 

If you don't mind my asking, what is your channel?  I would love to visit it! :)

Good morning, ladies!

Anne - start the thread whenever you like.  It's a "whoever gets here first and feels like doing it" kinda thing.  ;)

We had a crazy busy day yesterday.. was gone just about all day and then my dogs got skunked last night to make the evening extra exciting.  ;D 

Do you mean sprayed by one!!?? ???  If so, so sorry for you, girl! :o

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2015, 03:48:40 PM »

If you don't mind my asking, what is your channel?  I would love to visit it! :)

Aw, you're sweet!  This is the link to my channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/Rkanjl (it's also linked as my website here in my forum profile).  I recently cleaned up/out a bunch of old random videos I had on there, so there's not much posted right now, but Jean and I would like to start vlogging.  I'm having a great time learning all about the video production side of things!

The videos I'm uploading these days are from our trip down the Shenandoah Valley to our friend Anne's wedding last weekend.  We took a few extra days to hit some fun landmarks and attractions along the way, and took a video log of the whole trip.  So far I've gotten days one and two uploaded, and I'm working on day three.  I hope you enjoy!

Mandy :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2015, 07:49:01 PM »
Hello ladies,
   I have had an awesome couple of days off. I got all my laundry done, did some shopping and just piddled on Wed. Now today was very productive. I had 8 extra roosters who were driving me, the pullets, the ducks, and Buddy crazy. So last night Kevin and I caught them after dark and put them in a cage. Then this morning we got up early and butchered them. I still hate butchering, but it is nice to have them gone and the extra meat in the freezer. Kevin was so much help! After we got the chickens done, I gave Buddy a good bath. The little brat is still angry at me. LOL Oh well, he smells better and looks and feels so nice.  ;D For supper we had Subway subs. They were so good, but I will pay for eating the gluten. More than likely I will be coughing in a bit and so stuffy. They were still good.  ;)
   We are in for a stormy night, or so the weather people are telling us.  :o The last several storms have split and gone around us, so we could really use the rain. Kind of weird to say that after all the rain we had in May, June, and July. LOL
   Our Fall Festival is going on this week end. I am not a fan, so I am working for a mother whose son is in the parade. It will be another double for me, but I get a 2-3 hour break between shifts.  :D I couldn't stand to think of her not getting to see her only son riding in the parade. She was so appreciative which made me feel really good. I love to help someone out.
   Well, the thunder is rumbling, so I had better get off here. You all have a great day tomorrow.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2015, 09:28:26 PM »

Do you mean sprayed by one!!?? ???  If so, so sorry for you, girl! :o

yes ma'am.  So gross!