Author Topic: Sunday, December 20th, 2015  (Read 1415 times)

Offline greyhoundgirl

Sunday, December 20th, 2015
« on: December 20, 2015, 08:17:14 AM »
Good morning!

Having some Cheesecake Berry Crunch for breakfast...hadn't made it in awhile and it sounded so good.  And is.  :)  We're off to SS and church shortly.  Today should be a pretty laidback Sunday, which I prefer.  We're doing Philly Cheesesteaks for lunch which should be simple.  I may visit an older lady friend of mine.  She has had debilitating health issues over the last year but her mind is fully functional and I love to talk with her.  Her husband also leads the Monday hikes I attend.  I also hope to carve out a bit of time to sit down and work on my goals for next year.

Have a Blessed Sunday, all!
Catherine

Offline Cheryl

Re: Sunday, December 20th, 2015
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 09:35:16 AM »
Good morning!

I am home today trying to get caught up on everything, gift wrapping, housework, cooking, and laundry.  Not sure how much will actually get done but I have to at least try. ;)

I have been sort of down because it looks like Tony will be out of work all next week due to the weather.  I just wasn't looking forward to a week with no paycheck, but this morning when I went out to feed the chickens, I saw a sobering sight.  At the little country church at the end of the road there was a backhoe digging a grave in the cemetery.  How sad that someone is burying a loved one today. :'(  It made me stop and think how blessed I really am.  We will squeak by without next week's pay but there's a family out there truly hurting today.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 11:43:19 AM »
Good morning, ladies!

I made a quiche this morning and I am waiting on it to come out of the oven.  Thought I would have some coffee and check in here. 

Yesterday ended up not being baking day so that will be today.  I have my grandma's snowman sweatshirt on to get me in the mood to cook, bake and craft.  She always wore this at Christmas time.  Kinda funny that I have it now and wear it.  She would get a kick out of it, I'm sure.

Today, I plan to..

*make Brandon's blanket
*make chocolate fudge
*make cookies
*take gifts to the neighbors
*start wrapping Christmas gifts (shouldn't be too hard since its just the 4 of us this year)
*get the bread dough started to bake tomorrow

Dinner tonight will be something with the ground beef I planned to use yesterday. We ended up having tamales (from Costco) and salad.  Needed something easier since we decided to go to Saturday service last night.

Have a Happy Sunday!

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 11:44:35 AM »
Good morning!

I am home today trying to get caught up on everything, gift wrapping, housework, cooking, and laundry.  Not sure how much will actually get done but I have to at least try. ;)

I have been sort of down because it looks like Tony will be out of work all next week due to the weather.  I just wasn't looking forward to a week with no paycheck, but this morning when I went out to feed the chickens, I saw a sobering sight.  At the little country church at the end of the road there was a backhoe digging a grave in the cemetery.  How sad that someone is burying a loved one today. :'(  It made me stop and think how blessed I really am.  We will squeak by without next week's pay but there's a family out there truly hurting today.

That is sobering.  Always sad but seems sadder this time of year, to me.  Keeping all those who are hurting in prayer.

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 12:45:26 PM »
Today has been another very busy day. We took oldest to the airport at 5 am (that means we were up at 4 am), came home, took a quick nap, breakfast made for 4, church, dinner cooked while we were at church, two ate, ran our guest to the airport, then brought daughter to a friend, then home for a short rest, church again at 4:30 and then home for the night.

Phew! Two days in a row. I am thankfully still able to do this kind of running around but I sure do feel exhausted when it's all done.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 03:02:54 PM »
Everyone sounds busy!

We went to early mass this morning.  After we ran to the dollar store to finish picking up stocking stuffers.  It was a good time to go.  We were ahead of the busyness. 

Came home, made breakfast, and then I ran to Joann's to grab some paint for a birdhouse I am working on for my mom.  Just painting the edges, and then covering with scrapbook paper in a couple of coordinating designs.  Not sure how it's going to turn out yet.  I think my modge podge might be a little thin.  I will figure it out! It will be all good -- eventually!!   :)

Between that, I made a batch of peanut butter fudge.  That was quick.  And got a batch of chili going in the crockpot for dinner. 

I have a couple more layers to go on the birdhouse, so I will keep working on that. 

Tomorrow is my last ditch shopping/grocery day.  I am determined to get absolutely everything I need so I won't have to go back into a store until January!! (hopefully!!)  I have a long list with at least 3 stops. 

I have most of the gifts wrapped except the few I still need to pick up, so that is a relief.  I really am cutting back on what we are doing this year as far as gifts and cookies and treats.  I have such a sense of peace about what we are doing, and where I am on getting things done. 

Hope everyone is getting everything done that they need to!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Rooney

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 07:22:45 PM »
Quiet Sunday around here.  Just been hangin' out.  Hubby and I just tried out the henna hair dye that we bought about 3 months ago.  So we are running around here for the next 4 hours or so looking silly with saran wrap over our hair. The kids think it is a hoot.  ;D I purchased the henna from LUSH and it is supposed to be 100 percent chemical free and by the ingredient list, it is.  I don't know what the color is like yet, I will report back with that tomorrow.  I will say that my main concern was what was it going to smell like?  You know me and my fragrance aversions. ;)  I was pleasantly surprised that it only has a very, very subtle odor.  Not bad at all.

Other than that we are working on finishing up our living room project over the next couple of days.  We decided to go ahead and bead board it, so we didn't have to keep fixing all the little dings the littles put in the walls.  It is actually quite an improvement on the look of the room.

I am done with wrapping gifts and such, so none of that to do tonight.  This is the earliest I have ever had that done.   

Dinner tonight was spaghetti and a salad, but I also have some chicken tenderloins baking in the oven for tomorrow night.  So just a quick warm up and some sides to do tomorrow, which is good since the repairman will be here around 5 till who knows when.  Hubby doesn't expect him to have all the parts to fix it, since he hasn't been out to look at it yet, so unfortunately I may be refrigerator shopping next weekend. :P

Cheryl- some things sure put others into perspective, don't they?  Hope Tony gets to go back to work soon! :)

Erica- That is so sweet about you wearing your grandmothers sweatshirt.  :) Is it one of the ones with the snowman "patches" that were traced around with the different color glues? (if that even makes sense? ???)  My grandmother used to wear those kinds of Christmas-y sweatshirts.

Till tomorrow,
Lindsay

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2015, 09:16:34 PM »
You are so right cheryl. Things may be tough but were alive. Praise God.
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 02:28:55 PM »

Erica- That is so sweet about you wearing your grandmothers sweatshirt.  :) Is it one of the ones with the snowman "patches" that were traced around with the different color glues? (if that even makes sense? ???)  My grandmother used to wear those kinds of Christmas-y sweatshirts.

Nope, not patchworky.  Probably just bought at Walmart.  ;)