Author Topic: Wednesday, December 23rd, 2015  (Read 1378 times)

Offline greyhoundgirl

Wednesday, December 23rd, 2015
« on: December 23, 2015, 06:05:10 AM »
How can it be two days till Christmas, ALREADY?  I am sure Cathie had something to do with that.  ;)

Anyway, this is getting to be a habit, and I'm not even an early riser compared with some of you.  Was going to "sleep in" till 7 this morning but woke up to Earl's alarm at 5:30 and at 6 decided lying there longer was pointless.  Earl has now left for work (he starts at 7 AM) and just the boys are up so far (normal).  They are going to watch a Christmas movie.  I'm having coffee, then will get breakfast and pack my daypack.  Today's hike will be a challenge for me.  It's not so long, maybe 3 miles (we'll see), but is up a steep bouldery  mountain.  I was probably about ready to take it on back in May, but couldn't hike the day I had the chance, and then I took the summer off hiking for many reasons (heat, Maddy was gone a lot) and had to start over building up strength, endurance, and courage this fall.  I don't fully understand why, but sometimes the night before a "big" (to me) hike my nerves about get the better of me.  Still working on overcoming fears and boulders are getting easier, but still not easy for me.  We are taking our Christmas pics today with Santa hats.  Our hiking club, the WWW of the WMWR, is getting quite the reputation for our fun pics on our local hike page, so we can't let them down today.  ;)  We did superheros for Halloween, heehee.

I think dinner tonight will be a copycat version of Zuppa Toscana, but made with beef smoked sausage.  Maybe millet biscuits with it.  There is no church or youth group tonight and it's a nice break.

Have a great day!
Catherine

Offline Cheryl

Re: Wednesday, December 23rd, 2015
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 06:57:37 AM »
Good morning!

We are in severe weather mode around here for the next 24 hours.  We don't have a storm shelter so we will probably end up going to my father-in-law's house to get in the basement.  I am not looking forward to packing up all the animals and driving 30 minutes to do that but it beats staying here worrying about being hit by a tornado.  I just have so much I need to do today and this added stress is not helping me.  Please say a prayer that these storms will weaken and we'll be ok.

Well, guess I need to make sure I have the car packed and ready to go in case we have to leave.  4 cats and 2 dogs will surely make for a fun trip, especially since the oldest cat gets motion sickness every time she rides.  Wish me luck.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 07:17:42 AM »
Good morning!

We are in severe weather mode around here for the next 24 hours.  We don't have a storm shelter so we will probably end up going to my father-in-law's house to get in the basement.  I am not looking forward to packing up all the animals and driving 30 minutes to do that but it beats staying here worrying about being hit by a tornado.  I just have so much I need to do today and this added stress is not helping me.  Please say a prayer that these storms will weaken and we'll be ok.

Well, guess I need to make sure I have the car packed and ready to go in case we have to leave.  4 cats and 2 dogs will surely make for a fun trip, especially since the oldest cat gets motion sickness every time she rides.  Wish me luck.

I HATE those kinds of days...we have several here each year as well.  My tummy feels icky all day with the tension.  Praying for smooth travels for you with the pets and for a safe day free of tornadoes.

Offline Rooney

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 07:56:45 AM »
Good morning!

We are right there with you over the next 2 days with the bad weather and tornado possibility.  We do have a basement though.  I feel for you having to go and wait it out somewhere else.  I guess you REALLY have to keep an eye on the weather all the time so that you can get where you need to be.  Praying the worst of it misses you.

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 08:14:50 AM »
Good morning!

Woke up to a fresh white blanket of snow.  I'll be sending the teenagers out to shovel soon.  Last night Jordan went to hang out with some friends.  When I went to pick him up, the storm had stopped and the clouds lifted so I could see the city lights twinkling all across the valley.  We have mountains on both sides of our valley, so the air pollution can get pretty bad in winter so that is one reason I am grateful anytime we get a storm--the air gets clean!

Today I will wrap presents.  I know I have at least two more to buy and the kids need to get theirs but that shouldn't take too long. I want to make some Christmas cookies.

I also have laundry and house pickup.  I will also start on the Christmas jello since it is 3 colors, layered, and I want to have plenty of time for each layer to get firm.

Tonight I want to take the kids to a local mall to see Santa and get the Santa picture.  Then we'll drive around and see the Christmas lights. 

Dinner tonight will probably be leftovers since I need to clear space in the fridge for Christmas food. :)

Hope those of you in the paths of storms stay safe!

Merilee

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2015, 09:31:19 AM »
How can it be two days till Christmas, ALREADY?  I am sure Cathie had something to do with that.  ;)

A, this is getting to be a habit, and I'm not even an early riser compared with some of you.  Was going to "sleep in" till 7 this morning but woke up to Earl's alarm at 5:30 and at 6 decided lying there longer was pointless.  Earl has now left for work (he starts at 7 AM) and just the boys are up so far (normal).  They are going to watch a Christmas movie.  I'm having coffee, then will get breakfast and pack my daypack.  Today's hike will be a challenge for me.  It's not so long, maybe 3 miles (we'll see), but is up a steep bouldery  mountain.  I was probably about ready to take it on back in May, but couldn't hike the day I had the chance, and then I took the summer off hiking for many reasons (heat, Maddy was gone a lot) and had to start over building up strength, endurance, and courage this fall.  I don't fully understand why, but sometimes the night before a "big" (to me) hike my nerves about get the better of me.  Still working on overcoming fears and boulders are getting easier, but still not easy for me.
Catherine

My husband and a very good friend of ours run marathons, half marathons and other races.  They both have difficulty sleeping and suffer from attacks of nerves the night before a big race and sometimes that day or during the race.  I think your response is completely normal.  You should be very proud of yourself.

Oh, and I blame Cathie for Christmas being here, too!  😄

Denise

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2015, 11:13:46 AM »
Catherine your hikes sound so fun I just want to move closer to you so I can go too ! Lol. We don't have any hiking groups around here, the local parks lead a few on Jan first and a few other weekends but they aren't anything real long. Just having a low key day til I have to go grocery shopping later. 2 boys are getting over a stomach virus and Trenten had ear surgery yesterday to remove a cist from his eardrum, he is doing well with the help of good drugs. We'll off to clean, have a great day everyone.
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2015, 02:02:49 PM »
Good Afternoon Ladies!

Praying for those in the track of any storms!

My day has somehow flown by.  I went to weight watchers this morning.  I really need to get a handle on that aspect of my world.  I have been a lifetime member for 2 years, but this month I have been over goal, so I have had to pay for meetings.  :-\  I think I am struggling because of the onset of menopause.  I will keep at it, but this week I am just going to enjoy what I want to and figure it out starting next week! I can only do so much!

We are taking the boys out to dinner tonight.  Hubby's idea so I don't have to cook! Yay hubby!!

I am ready for Christmas.  All gifts are wrapped, all I will have to do is food prep tomorrow before church.  I have a great sense of peace about this Holiday season.  Not sure why, since I had been behind schedule all along, and with the anxiety/stress issues I had been having, but I am grateful for the feeling of peace!

Hope everyone has an amazing and blessed Christmas!!
Enjoy!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2015, 03:15:52 PM »
Good afternoon, ladies.

I was posting this morning and then the internet went out so I lost that post.  Some system wide outage but its up and running again, which is good since I have some things to do online.

I just got back from pre-op for my surgery next week and I am going to go to the gym pretty soon.  Not much else happening today.  Keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers that are dealing with storms.

I have "refried" beans in the crockpot so tonight we will have bean burritos and salad.