Author Topic: Wednesday, June 14, 2017  (Read 1202 times)

Offline Cheryl

Wednesday, June 14, 2017
« on: June 14, 2017, 06:22:12 AM »
Good morning ladies!

It's another hot, muggy morning here.  I caved a couple of days ago and turned on the AC.  We had been getting by with just using fans, but when it's so hot outside that I have trouble sleeping, that's where I draw the line!  I always dread the electric bill in the summer.

Nothing much interesting going on, just the usual.  One of my cats has been sick and the vet thinks she could have hyperthyroidism or kidney disease.  It's never a good time for vet bills, but now really isn't.  My husband's work truck has to have the radiator replaced and he's driving my car to work.  Every time I think we're doing ok something else pops up.  Without a way to go anywhere I guess I will get some things done around here.

I have laundry on the line already.  I couldn't sleep so I started washing clothes at 4 this morning.  I've unloaded the dishwasher, fed all the animals, and had my coffee.  I plan on baking some zucchini bread today and making a pasta salad.  Other than that it's just the usual house work and garden chores.

Have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: Wednesday, June 14, 2017
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 06:46:26 AM »
Hi Cheryl, you sure are up early!

It is hot, hot, hot here too. We have been forecasted that his entire week would be hot and in the 90s. It really is so soon in the season for this kind of weather.  I caved in last Friday night and turned our AC on. There is no sense in being uncomfortable when we have the resource to be comfortable. It's not on terribly cool, just enough to take the discomfort out.

I really had to scramble for dinner last night. We had no leftovers whatsoever and dinner time was approaching fast. I love my pressure cooker! Frozen solid chicken cooked in 30 minutes with homemade copycat sweet baby rays BBQ sauce and bread was for dinner in under 40 minutes! But here we go again for tonight--no leftovers and no plan. I have to start planning better.

Hubby got called in to work this morning so I had a lot to do before work. Got the one load of laundry going, washed random dishes that accumulate overnight, got the garbage out, made hard boiled eggs for anyone who wants them today, fixed a suction cup razor holder in the shower and got to work on time! Whew!

Trying to get my evening walks in but it is so hard when it is so hot outside. We did go to a swing dance event with our daughter last night and walked around downtown Grand Rapids. That was nice to watch her and the others dance. We got our 8800 steps in for the day but then opted to watch the dancing and got a few photos of her. I'm glad to see her in action doing something she likes. I was a bit startled when she danced with a man who is about 50+ and then brought him over to introduce us to him. He said he watched her grow up. That's a bit startling to hear that he has known her for 3+ years because that is how long she has been dancing and him as well. I got over the creepy feeling when I saw how harmless these dance events are. I actually liked it a lot. It reminded my of MY days as a young person when we did something similar but it was on the rollerskating floor.

That's it for me.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 06:56:17 AM »
Good morning!

The cold front has passed and we're on our way to warmer/hotter weather.  I don't enjoy hot weather either. :)

Today's shopping day so I'm working on my menu and shopping/errands lists.  My boys have soccer camp today so after dropping them off I will go do as much as I can before picking them up. 

Christie goes to work at 12:30 so after we drop her off, we'll go swimming. 

After swimming, I'll work around my house to take advantage of being in the cool inside.

Tonight after dinner and when the sun is lower and thus less hot, I'll weed outside.

Dinner tonight is in celebration of Flag Day--hamburgers, corn on the cob, potato salad, red/white/blue layered jello salad and strawberry lemonade.  I was going to have apple pie but we've had a lot of desserts lately so I decided this time we wouldn't.

Merilee

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 07:04:02 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!

Today is usually my weight watchers meeting day.  I had to pay last week because I was over goal, and I have been trying to get the last pound and a half off to be free for the rest of June.  I still have a little to go, so I am going to wait until Friday and hope for the best.  My friend that I meet up with there has some projects to deal with at home, so she wasn't going to be there anyway.  I have a bunch of errands to run instead.

I found some cute lanterns with flameless candles in them that we might use for the tables at the wedding, so I need to see if I can get enough of them.  I have 2 stores to check, and we need 20 of them, so I am hopeful that I can find what we need.

I also need to get to the Post office.  future dil's birthday is Saturday, and I need to get her gift into the mail so she will hopefully get it in time.

Also need to find a shirt for hubs for this weekend.  He is emceeing a parade, and needs a shirt that is mostly purple.  Hoping this isn't too hard to find, or that I am on a fool's errand!  ;D

Have a load of laundry in the dryer that needs to be taken care of as well.
Hoping for some rain today.  Even if I get caught in it - we need it so so so badly!
Have a great day everyone!  Try to stay cool if you can!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25