Author Topic: Thursday, November 13  (Read 1254 times)

Offline Cheryl

Thursday, November 13
« on: November 13, 2014, 06:20:13 AM »
Good morning.

It's cold outside!  The wind is blowing and the sky is overcast.  It's a good day to stay indoors.

I put 2 logs on the fire and now it's so hot in my living room that I've got the front door wide open. :o  It was a little chilly in here when I first got up and now I'm sweating. ;D  The cats think I've lost my mind!

Well, gotta run let the chickens loose and feed the dogs.  Have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline sbdriver

Re: Thursday, November 13
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 06:40:05 AM »
Cheryl is it -24 lol

That's what my temp is sitting at right now and snow on the ground to go along with it  ;D

Just  getting ready to walk over to the school bus, about 15 mins it takes me so I'm bundling up. Have on my fleece lined jeans, big parka etc.

Hope you all have a great  day!!
Laurie
Many hands make light work

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 07:10:21 AM »
I hear ya on the weather. It is -7 but feels like -21.  I want the warm temps back. We had it nice for too long. We got spoiled.  Today is accountant after chores. We are taking our good pickup to get windshield replaced.  It is only $200 versus $650 here. Huge difference! Makes it not sound so expensive ha hopefully this weekend we get house cleaned deep for thanksgiving as I will be gone the weekend before for basketball. Tomorrow we leave at 5 for orthodontist apps.  We got the cow all cut up now we will help him grind it up.  I ordered 2 lb bags for the hamburger.  I can't wait to have some hamburger on hand. 

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 07:21:43 AM »
Good morning!

Yikes, some of you are downright chilly!  I've been in Oklahoma too long as I'm feeling cool at 25.  :P  With wind chill it's in the teens and was at 8 yesterday.  Going hiking this morning, though, but will bundle up in layers.

Nothing too exciting here.  Kids have school and Earl is at work.  I'm eating Pumpkin Pie in a Mug again, along with a boiled egg.  The warmth and spices just hit the spot.

Need to do some work on longterm menu planning this afternoon or sometime soon.  Things to keep the budget low without sacrificing protein.  I have a doctor's appointment about 40 miles from here tomorrow, right in the middle of the day, so it won't be the most productive day ever.

Dinner tonight is still being decided.  I have a menu but it's off because of Earl being off on Tuesday.  Could do baked potatoes.  Kids would like hamburger gravy and rolls but I'm trying to watch the breads and superfluous carbs.  I'll think of something.

Have a great day!
Catherine

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 07:39:17 AM »
Catherine: that's plenty cool especially for Oklahoma! 

We are used to it up North here, but seems like we are never really ready for it! 
It's in the 20's here, and we have our first snow.  They are saying 3-6 inches by sometime tomorrow, but right now the ground is just covered.
I am staying in today.  It always takes people a couple days to remember how to drive in these conditions.
Today there are slide offs and accidents like crazy.  I'm good right where I am!!

I think I might make a batch of cookies later.  I also have a few small projects to get a little more organized around here.

Since hubby is out of town for work, I am on my own for a few days.
I'll try to get a few things accomplished while he is gone.

Hope everyone enjoys their day and stays warm!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 08:22:51 AM »
Good morning.

We are still in the nice weather pattern but after today our temps will drop.  It was 29* when I woke up so I put another log on the fire and like Cheryl, our living room is sitting at 82* and the window above my kitchen sink is opened.  A hot house and coffee do not mix well.   ;D

Aaron has Holden at a speech assessment this morning.  Bless the child's heart, he knows the words to say he just can't speak them clearly.  I hope they're able to help him.  We can understand him but when he's around people outside the family, they have no clue what he is saying and he gets so frustrated. 

Evan is completely lost with his partner in crime.  He's just wondering around the house, looking for "Holdy".   :D  I turned Sesame Street on so maybe he'll sit down for awhile.  Ohhh...Sam just told me Evy is sound asleep on the couch.  Bless him.... :-*

Today I am going to be hanging out the sheets and putting clean sheets on everyone's bed.  I also want to finalize my shopping list for tomorrow.   I think I'm going to go to Food Lion and get their loss leaders and hope it comes to $25 so I can get a turkey for .47/lb.  They do have Land O Lakes butter 2/$6  and a 4lb bag of sugar for $1.68.  Maybe I can find some marked down meat too.  I'll probably run to Aldi for produce and a few things that I know is a lot cheaper there. 

Well I guess I need to get off of here.  I'll get Evy in his bed and the last load of sheets hung out. 

Beth
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 08:25:31 AM by mooremama »
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2014, 08:59:35 AM »
Good morning!

Its a tropical heatwave here compared to the temps that you all are experiencing.  Its 53* now and is going to get to be about 60*.  Its overcast and rainy and I love the change!  I have my peppermint bark flavored coffee and my pumpkin pecan candle lit and its lovely! 

We have life group this evening.  Its the 2nd week and we are really looking forward to it.  Watching the next part of Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage together and then having some discussion and fellowship.  I am making some bread today and will bring some for the group.

Other then that its an easy going day.. not much to do other then shower, get Trev to swimming and I'll do a light work out while he swims. 

Dinner tonight.. something easy!  Thinking of something "crockpot-ish".  I need to figure it out soon!

Have a great day!

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2014, 11:50:11 AM »
Good morning!

Its a tropical heatwave here compared to the temps that you all are experiencing.  Its 53* now and is going to get to be about 60*.  Its overcast and rainy and I love the change!  I have my peppermint bark flavored coffee and my pumpkin pecan candle lit and its lovely! 

We have life group this evening.  Its the 2nd week and we are really looking forward to it.  Watching the next part of Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage together and then having some discussion and fellowship.  I am making some bread today and will bring some for the group.

Other then that its an easy going day.. not much to do other then shower, get Trev to swimming and I'll do a light work out while he swims. 

Dinner tonight.. something easy!  Thinking of something "crockpot-ish".  I need to figure it out soon!

Have a great day!

We did that study about a year and a half ago.  He's pretty funny!  He came on post and did a show last year but we didn't get to go, unfortunately.

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2014, 01:33:51 PM »
Hey Beth,
This is some information about what my son went through when he was in first grade. The teacher suddenly decided she would tell us our son had ADD or something like that. Then the Kindergarten teacher piped up and said she thought the same thing when she had him the prior year (but didn't tell us she suspected it then). My son would try to talk but everything came out jumbled except for a few words which were the end of the sentence something like " blah, blah, blah, food". Didn't make sense to anyone so we had him evaluated thinking to rule out ADD or ADHD and the school suggested a speech therapist where they discovered his brain was working faster than he could put into words thus the garbled sentence.  As he matured he did fine in school and his speech finally caught up with his brain and he is a well adjusted 20 year old in college right now! I think he did have a few speech therapy appointments but it didn't last long.  He did very well all through school so I'm sure Holden is so smart that he also can't get the words out faster than his wants them to! Very frustrating for him, I'm sure.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats