Author Topic: Wednesday, December 17, 2014  (Read 1298 times)

Offline wrancher

Wednesday, December 17, 2014
« on: December 17, 2014, 05:44:58 AM »
Good Morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Wednesday, December 17, 2014
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 06:00:13 AM »
I think I am done shopping. I want to go into my moms and wrap today to see where I am at. I need to get church school gifts ready for kids to take tonight.  I have some cleaning to do here before anything happens. You would think they could load dishwasher and kep things picked up for 1 day. ugh My MIL bought a freezer so I can take her stuff out of my freezers and deliver to her. Then I can pick up my deer sausage.  I would like to do some bookwork. I need to do 4 accounts of my MILs and that last I did was april. Sunday was to be my crafting party, but Allisons coach is rounding up 2 games for us to play at home and they are both a distance away. It would be really nice to have htem home. I may have to call the girls and see if we could do it Monday. She has games Saturday in town also. ugh I am not complaining about home games that would be so nice! I am going to have to call furnace repair man. It is working but it will go out and keeps giving me an error code. It will restart when I jsut hit a button but you have to do that maybe 7 x a day. I need to just get it looked at. We have in floor heat for garage and basement. Every year this furnace has needed some new part usually around $500 ugh. Our house still feels kinda new to us but is 7 years old. Better get kids going

Coffee time...
Janice

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 09:07:54 AM »
Good morning!

A bit of an earlier morning for us as Maddy had an orthodontist appointment at 8 AM so we needed to all leave at 7:45.  Dropped her at school after, then took the next three, and finally, Max.  Now I'm home getting started on the day, at least a little bit.  Tree is on and gives some much-needed light on a rather dark day.  We were supposed to have a good chance of rain today and did have just a tiny bit this morning.  Hoping there is more coming.  I'm in the mood to bake.  Need to fold some laundry first and do dishes from making mac and cheese for the kids' lunches.

Feeling some better today after several days of the adrenal cocktail concoction, and wishing I were hiking.  But, I am going to give myself a few more days before I start doing much exercise again.  May possibly hike the shorter hike with Max tomorrow but we'll see.

Kids have church tonight, except Maddy.  No youth group the next couple of weeks.  She has asked about doing her Christmas shopping this evening, so we might do that.  The kids drew names amongst themselves and she is the last to go shop.  Earl also doesn't have class tonight, so will come up with dinner for the three of us.

Janice, yay on being done!

Catherine

Offline Rooney

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 01:51:22 PM »
Good afternoon.

Is anyone else just ready for Christmas break already?  Tomorrow will be our last day until after the 1st.  Ready to bake a bit and finish up on the wrapping.  Do any of you have a good recipe for soft gingerbread cookies that doesn't have eggs in it?  I bought the cookie cutters for it last year and didn't get around to it.  Need to get more of those little family traditions going. :)  I settled on the gingerbread men, dipped pretzels and crackers, and festive rice crispie treats. Plan on doing the baking and treat making Sunday and Monday.  That should leave all day Tuesday for cleaning.  Won't be too bad if the older kids help out.  Need to go get the meat for tonight's meal in the oven.

Janice, bet you are glad to have that shopping done.

Catherine, so glad you are beginning to feel a bit better.

Have a good day all.

Lindsay

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 02:30:28 PM »
I am kind of late posting today but that's just the way it is sometimes.  8)

Let's see...today I managed to get 3 loads of laundry on the line, groceries bought and everybody fed and dressed!  Score!!

I normally do my shopping on Fridays but Sam volunteered to watch the boys so I could run to Aldi.  It was a madhouse in there but so much fun.  I always have a good time when I'm there, crazy sounding I know.  Everybody is so nice...fellow customers and employees.  My store doesn't have a high turnover rate so it's the same cashiers every time I go in there and we all know each others names and they ask about the kids and today they all had on Elf hats and one girl had on a red blinking nose.  Billy, the manager, was singing carols as he was leading a parade of older ladies around the store, showing them where items were that they couldn't locate.  Just a really festive place today. 

We are having the Moore Christmas on Saturday evening.  Aaron and Caylon each have dinners and get togethers with "the other side" as we call it around here.  Caylon will be spending time with Bo's family and Aaron will be with Kasey's family at different times on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day so it just made more sense for us to do it on the 20th.  Both kids, their significant others and the grandkids will all be here along with my parents so it should be a wild and crazy time. 

Time to jump and run.  I have clothes to get off the line, all my grocery bags to get back into the trunk of the car, the chicken coop to shut up for the night and a disaster of a kitchen that needs  a lot of work.  :o

I hope everyone has a great evening.
Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 03:03:03 PM »
Good afternoon.

Is anyone else just ready for Christmas break already?  Tomorrow will be our last day until after the 1st.  Ready to bake a bit and finish up on the wrapping.  Do any of you have a good recipe for soft gingerbread cookies that doesn't have eggs in it?  I bought the cookie cutters for it last year and didn't get around to it.  Need to get more of those little family traditions going. :)  I settled on the gingerbread men, dipped pretzels and crackers, and festive rice crispie treats. Plan on doing the baking and treat making Sunday and Monday.  That should leave all day Tuesday for cleaning.  Won't be too bad if the older kids help out.  Need to go get the meat for tonight's meal in the oven.

Janice, bet you are glad to have that shopping done.

Catherine, so glad you are beginning to feel a bit better.

Have a good day all.

Lindsay

Lindsay, haven't made these yet but they don't have eggs.  I'm guessing you could cut them thicker to keep them softer?  http://www.creativesavv.com/2014/12/frugal-holiday-cookies-gingerbread-men.html

Offline Rooney

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 03:23:16 PM »
Thanks so much!  I actually have all those ingredients without having to buy anything.  I will try this one.  Thank you. :)