Author Topic: Monday, January 5, 2014  (Read 824 times)

Offline wrancher

Monday, January 5, 2014
« on: January 05, 2015, 07:16:07 AM »
Good morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Monday, January 5, 2014
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 07:36:29 AM »
7 and feels like -8. Ugh still in cold zone and chances of snow almost all week.  Not until Sunday could it be maybe 28.  You would think we would be used to it right.  Everyone still counts down the days till it almost warm.  You put off projects to do in cold. Can't change it so will quit grumbling.  So back in the swing of things again. Kids going back to school but really didn't want to.  I am not even sure we're we are on basketball practice. I think lane will start now but haven't got official word.  So 4 different schedules no problem.  It really isn't too busy thank heavens.   I started taking down Christmas just to get reorganized. ( I am cheating, my mom loves to organize so she is going to put away my Christmas I just gather it all downstairs and she carefully puts it away all tidy)Finally got papers filed for year now I need to do year end bookwork to get out 1099S.  I have cookies mixed up that I will bake today.  I am using yesterday's left overs for lunch and supper. I made a taco casserole with crescent rolls and a meatball sub casserole for supper.  I need to do some cleaning of walk in cooler along with the usual daily chores. Since Megan is still home for a few days I will work on bookwork and phone calling today.  The hay grinding guy is coming today so will tidy up real quick.  He sometimes comes in for coffee to get paid.  Megan has lost her key to her car so when she got new key from dealership you have to program it and they gave her the wrong instructions.  Need to call on that 1st as she needs to take it into have oil changed before she leaves.  Better run

Coffee time
Janice

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 07:39:30 AM »
Good morning!

Well, Christmas break is over and it's back to the normal routine!  We have had a great break--lots of relaxing downtime mixed in with celebrations.  Just my kind of vacation!

Lots to do today.  I have the twins today so my morning will be spent at home.  The daily 6, which actually shouldn't be too bad since we did a major house tidying over the weekend.  I'm working on  my January menu and will do the shopping this afternoon after I drop off the boys at school.  I have two baskets of laundry to put away.  I need to check but I think there's enough laundry between me, Steven and the two younger boys that I'll have enough for one load.  If so, I'll do that.  I'll also continue to work on my bedroom.  Still haven't gotten stuff cleared out enough that I can start dusting the furniture and pulling it out of the bedroom so I can do a thorough vacuum.  Oh, that reminds me, I need to wash my vacuum filters.  I'll also gather up the stuff to donate--it's all in bags already so I just have to get them in the car.  My office desperately needs work.  I really want to get back into scrapbooking so I need to clear my workspace.  I've also got a list of little jobs that I will do here and there.

Dinner will be something simple since Christie has late swim today so she and Steven won't be getting home til about 6.

Have a wonderful day!

Merilee

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 09:38:29 AM »
Good morning ladies,
   It is really frigid here today. Was about 7* now up to 13*. We had blowing and drifting snow on Saturday night. I guess we are drifted in since we have not had anyone go by since Saturday.  :( I hope the grader goes through sometime today.
   I made a crock pot of vegetable beef soup yesterday. It sure was good and we have enough for today! Nothing better that hot soup on these cold winter days!  :D
   We watched a Batman marathon yesterday. Surprisingly, I enjoyed all the movies except Batman Returns. Yuck, hated that one. I had never watched any of the Batman movies before because I thought they were so silly. Yep, I was right, they are silly, but also rather entertaining on a cold and snowy day. LOL I sat in my chair and crocheted while half watching them. LOL
   Not much to do today. Morning chores are done, lunch will be warmed up soup, so I can just piddle this morning. I hope you all have a wonderful day and stay warm.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 09:39:00 AM »
Good morning. Nothing like going back for the 1st day of school and it's -31  :o  :o Was a little nippy walking over to my bus then getting on the ice bucket  ;D

Oh well back to the routine and getting a paycheque again. I love the time off but sure hurts the pocket book.

Hope you all have a great day!
Laurie
Many hands make light work

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 10:45:38 AM »
Good morning!

Got Max off to school, big girls are at a sleepover, Morgan was at another sleepover, and just Micah was home.  Then some family friends (where Morgan was sleeping over) called and asked if Morgan and Micah could go to the OKC Zoo with them.  It's free admission on Mondays in the winter.  So they left a little before 11.  Now I am home, all alone, or as alone as one can be with a houseful of pets, lol.  ;) 

My basic chores are done:  load of laundry washed, dried, folded, and mostly put away, kitchen cleaned up, etc... .  Will probably sweep this afternoon.  My main chore for the next 30 minutes or more is to make up capsules of vitamin C, rhodiola, milk thistle, hawthorne berry, and maybe another one or two.  We'll see.  Length of time will depend on how many I make of each.  Usually I go for 2-3 weeks' worth, but I might do more today.  I was thinking I'd treat myself to watching TV shows while I do them.  :D  We are discussing doing away with Netflix which would be in two weeks before we're charged again.  So I should watch anything I need to prior to that.  ;)   I have about two hours before I need to leave to pick up the big girls, who are about 30 minutes or so from here.  That will give me time to get back to get Max at 3.

Dinner tonight is White Chili, already going in the crockpot.  It's chilly out for here (not for Laurie and Janice, but for us Southern people), so that sounded good.

Have a wonderful week!

Catherine

Offline Rooney

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 12:42:05 PM »
Hi everyone.

We are cold here as well.  Though I don't think we have EVER had temperatures like Laurie's.  I can't even imagine what that would feel like!  It has been cold enough to have to keep both wood burners roarin' around the clock.  Was supposed to pick up our Azure order today, but it got moved to tomorrow.  That is the first time they have ever changed the day and I am thinking it may be because of the weather west of us.  We are easing back into school today after a short break.  On the agenda today is the usual.  At least 5 loads of laundry plus 3 extra to put away.  About half done with that.  Need to vacuum the living room rugs and the stairwells.  If you gathered it all up, there is probably a half a box worth of cheerios on my floors.  Need to figure out supper, since I was expecting for our food order to be in, it will have to be different than planned. 

Winona, stay warm.  Gotta be rough being drifted in.  We have been here a few times too.  Though I am sure you are well prepared for it.  Enjoy that soup and tv time.

Anyone heard from Cheryl?  She has been MIA for a while.

Well better get back to it.
Have a good day girls.

Lindsay