The Hearth > Managing a Household

Friday, September 6, 2013

(1/3) > >>

Shelly:
Good morning!

Cheryl:
Good morning!   :)

Alice:
Yea! I'm in and it was so PAINLESS to sign-up and get approved.  I have been missing in action for a long time and here's why:

I moved my family back to the city! We've lived at a half-way point between two larger cities in a 4 BR country home. My husband retired EARLY from his job on Dec. 1, 2012 and though we liked the country (been there 22 yrs.!) it seemed like most of our dealings were in one of the cities. So, our reason for being there was gone and we sold our home very quickly and moved into a smaller 3 BR home all within about 8 weeks.  It was a stressful time of selling and even worse for buying since there really was nothing available and if it was it was gone overnight.  God was there and selected a perfect though smaller home for us. There are benefits to that since we are getting older, the kids are almost ready to go their own separate ways and being closer to the city could be good. We still have a country looking backyard and could even put in a garden if we want to next year.  We're closer to aging parents and even needed to help my dad on Sat. with my mom getting sick (now we're only a 5 minute drive to their home!). We are still getting adjusted to our little community with neighbors much closer to us but they seem to be nice and it is really quiet all the time in our neighborhood.   The kids aren't all happy especially my 20 YO daughter because she says this isn't her home. She is old enough to someday find her own country home if she likes and I pray she will begin to accept that this is where Dad and I need to be as WE get older.

20 YO daughter is in Peru until Christmas doing a study abroad for her college major and 19 YO son is living at college as well. We only have 17 YO daughter with us and our life is changing with only one child at home (for now anyway).

Hopefully, I can post more often but I'd much rather READ about everyone else than to post.  I'm so thankful to Crystal for all the years she put into this forum and now to Shelly for creating the continuation for those of us who need this in our life!

Have a wonderful day everyone,
Alice

calicogirl:
Good morning!

Thank you Shelly for carrying on with a new forum!

Teresa

Shelly:
Alice - wow, that is a lot going on.  Welcome back!

Cheryl -  :)

I've got a doctor's appt with an ENT here pretty soon, so I will need to scoot off of here in a few minutes.  I've been having vertigo and various other issues for close to a month now and my regular doctor believes it is an inner ear issue.  I'm hoping to get some relief soon.  Other than that, I plan to do the challenge I've assigned myself to get some things out of the house and make some cereal.  Having no idea how long I will be gone for this appt has left me with a mostly empty to do list.  :)

I hope you all have a great day!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version