Author Topic: Monday, April 24, 2017  (Read 958 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Monday, April 24, 2017
« on: April 24, 2017, 06:33:22 AM »
Good Morning All!!
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Monday, April 24, 2017
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 06:46:09 AM »
Hello Ladies!

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend!  Mine was spent mostly on the road, and went by so quickly!

Friday night I was able to watch my college son's games on-line.  They are finally on a winning streak, so that is positive!

Saturday I met up with hubby in my friend's little town, and we had dinner with them and had a nice visit. 

Sunday, I had to drive hubs across the state.  His very extended family is having a reunion this summer, so they were having a meeting to finalize plans for that.  He needed to be there, and then his Dad took him to Detroit where he will be for the next couple of days for work.  He will be out of town until Thursday.  This travel project ends Friday, so then he will be home for a while again. 

Today I am finally putting my flower bed together.  I have wanted to get it done for days, but have not had a block of time available to be able to.  Today is the day - no matter what, doggone it!  ;)

Will get that done early in the day so I can watch son's game this afternoon.

Hope you are all having a great day! Can't wait to hear about it!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: Monday, April 24, 2017
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 08:50:57 AM »
Hi Pam and anyone else who comes to visit!

We had a very productive weekend, too. Hubby cleaned out some flower bed that had great big dried oak leaves in them while I scrubbed our garage outbuilding exterior aluminum siding. It faces the north so it gets some green mildew. I tried powerwashing it about 1 1/2 years ago but it needed a scrubbing with a brush so that is what I did. It looks wonderful now. Then we broke down all the twigs and brush (no leaves) and burned them in our firepit. That pile was super high and it's now all gone. The hubby and I went to my parents to look at a couple of windows. Mom admired our new windows and then said hers no longer stay up. They just slide right back down. Hers are also vinyl replacement. She asked hubby to call the guy who did our window so see if he could fix them. Hubby looked at their windows and determined nothing was broken but the window came out of the mechanism that raises and lowers the window. They haven't been lubricated in years so they were very dry and the forcing of up and down took them out of the mechanism. So hubby lubed them up and got the window back in the track and now they work just fine. He needed to lube up two windows. Mom is so happy.

Our reward was a 5K walk then dinner at a "greasy spoon" with my parents. Not the best dinner but that's what they wanted to do. Sunday was sort of relaxing. Kids were home, MIL came for dinner and then daughter brought laundry (she did it herself). We went to church both am and pm services and ended the day with another 5K walk.

The weather was perfect this weekend but I think maybe it is going to rain later this week. I'm ok with that. I guess that means we have to do a lot of our walks early this week since I'm not going out in rain.

Meals are still coming out of the freezer. I did a little shopping because finally you just need stuff! I bought a package of ham "ends and pieces" and opened it up at home and there was only the junk part of a ham which was a crumbly bunch of nothing. There was one big chunk of ham in there and no pieces of sliced anything. It was a black forest ham but was only the crumbles that you find on the edges of the ham like someone scooped all those crumbles out of the slicer, packaged it up and then added a chunk as an afterthought. We're bringing that back since nothing is edible in that package except one little chunk.

Well, that's it for today.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats