Author Topic: Wednesday, January 13, 2016  (Read 1158 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Wednesday, January 13, 2016
« on: January 13, 2016, 06:02:42 AM »
Good morning!

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Wednesday, January 13, 2016
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 06:05:40 AM »
Good morning!  It's a chilly day out there!

Today's going to look a little different than yesterday and Monday.  I have a couple of appointments spread through the day.  Today is also my normal shopping day so I will finish what I started on Monday.  I need to go to Costco and the bank.  I also need an oil change for my van.

In between all the running around, I'm going to put away the last two loads of laundry and iron a few more things.  I still haven't gotten started on the office but hope to do that today.

That's probably all I'm really going to get accomplished today.

Have a great day!

Merilee

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 06:43:33 AM »
Good morning!

Had some oatmeal so far, and took Maddy to school.  Oh, and unloaded the dishwasher.  Need to get my lunch packed in just a minute.  We're hiking today, attempting Scott's Canyon, but it will depend on the amount of water flowing.  Between rain we've had and ice/snow melt from further north, the creeks have been running pretty well around here lately.

Not a whole lot else planned today housewise.  Tues/Thurs have become my housework days, primarily.  I do have to help cook dinner at church tonight so I need to be at the church at 3:30 for that.  Makes for a long evening but at least it's only once per month.

We DID get the little foster dog yesterday.  A black poodle or poodle mix...he is so overgrown that it is hard to tell.  Had a text from the lady at the HS last night that they may be able to arrange to have him groomed--that would be wonderful as I figured I'd have to do it or pay for it myself.  So, he's had a bath and a few knots cut out but we'll wait on anything more till we hear about that.  He is a sweet little boy.

Catherine

Offline wrancher

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 06:57:42 AM »
Good morning Merilee and all

Crazy weather stations 1 says high of 47 another 38.  Hoping for 47.  I need to take down Christmas lights and the Christmas tree I made of bales needs the garland and star off. I love being back on chore duty during nice weather. I am able to get through chores in about 2 hrs. I have to be dedicated and sit at computer and do bookwork and not get distracted...  I am putting a roast and potatoes in crockpot when I come back in. We will get 2 kids from church school and they others won't be home till 8. We have early release from school where kids walk down the hill to church and have church school on Wednesdays. The magazine that did an article on our ranch just came out. Kinda fun to see.  Better get kids going. Lane needs to check his blood sugars morning and night and keep diary of what he is eating. His blood tests came back and his insulin is high cortisol is low. Could possibly be thyroid or insulomia. Insulomia is a non cancerous tumor of the pancreas. Once removed you don't have the symptoms. Time will tell

Coffee time.
Janice

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 08:16:40 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!

It is still snowing and cold here.  It think roads are a little better than they were yesterday, but I am going nowhere!  The cold I was fighting really took me down last night.  I got the chicken and rice soup going in the morning in the crockpot and it was a quick deterioration from there.  I didn't get much else done yesterday besides that and doing dishes.  I went to be around 7:30 pm.  I actually am feeling quite a bit better since taking a hot shower.  It helped loosen up the congestion. 

Hoping I can get to the laundry that I have bee meaning to get done the past couple days!  I am taking it easy, but still have things that need to get done. 

Korean Beef for dinner, so that is a quick and easy fix. 

Hope everyone has a great day!
Pam

Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2016, 10:44:24 AM »
Catherine I love that you take these poor little souls in and find homes for them!!!!!

Morning ladies. Not doing much better today and now have the wonderful sinus headache to go along with everything else. I did manage to put some chicken thighs in my slow cooker with some bbq sauce. Thinking I can shred it and have some on buns tonight for supper. Only me here still so definitely leftovers lol.

Cleaned a few things out of the fridge and have some laundry on the go. Something is better than nothing at all I figure.

Have a great day everyone!
Laurie
Many hands make light work