Author Topic: Wednesday, Jan. 25, 2017  (Read 817 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Wednesday, Jan. 25, 2017
« on: January 25, 2017, 05:57:41 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!!
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Wednesday, Jan. 25, 2017
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 06:02:42 AM »
Happy Day to all to click in today!

I am off to weight watchers shortly.  After I will walk with my friend and then grab a bite to eat for lunch.

I did get some rearranging done in the basement yesterday.  It's a start.  Didn't get rid of much, but have things pulled together to do that in the coming days.  Oh the books!  They are everywhere!  One of my weaknesses in the past.  I haven't bought many as of recently, but hubs gets a bunch sent to him through work, so they are everywhere!  I need to sort through them and ditch a bunch. 

Hubby has been gone all week, but will be home late tonight for a few days.  Still will be on the road for work, but at least will be home in the evenings, so that is good. 

Not a whole lot else going on in my little world.  More of the same - thankfully. 

Hope you all have a great day!  Looking forward to seeing what you are all up to today!
Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 06:56:24 AM »
Yes, I'm here! I've been sleeping better lately but yet I still feel like I'm catching up.

I have been diving through my freezer lately and finding some veggies that needed to be eaten. My son and I cooked a sweet and sour chicken/pork veggie meddly last night and it was so good! We'll find something tonight and I'll ask him to help me again (unbeknownst to him!). I also need to defrost that baby one of these days. There is a pretty good buildup of ice that needs attention. Problem is, the freezer is in the garage and it's cold in there! I've got three potatoes in the pantry and less than 1/4 gallon of milk, no frozen chicken pieces but a few pork steaks and beef steaks. I do have whole chickens in there. I'll have to take inventory while we're cleaning it out and stock up on a few meat items when they come on sale.

That's my day. Have a nice one everyone. We're going to get winter again so I probably better get this stuff done.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 10:36:31 AM »
Alice: Glad you are sleeping better. 

I too have defrosting my freezer (also in the garage) on my to get to list.  I know I need to do it, but I would like to have less stuff in it to get that done.  Maybe that should be my focus.  To use up what's in there as much as possible so I can defrost and clean it up good. 

Have you ever done a whole chicken in the instant pot?  I have seen them done on pinterest, but wonder if they turn out ok. I saw one where they used a crockpot liner closed like a regular cooking bag in the pressure cooker.  I would love to pick up a couple whole chickens, but not until I have that freezer cleaned out!  It's one of hubby's favorite meals. 

Weight watchers went well for me.  I am still about a pound over my "safe" weight (so 3 pounds over my goal). It has been a frustrating fight for me, so I am hoping I can pull it together and be back to good next week.  If I weigh in no more than 2# over goal, then I will be free for February.  I am really going to have to watch it this week!  The challenge will be not to just go crazy once I get there and think it is a free for all!!  Would like to stay in a good place so that I can be a little more relaxed on my road trip.

Had a great walk this morning as well.  Almost 4 miles.  It took us about 48 minutes, so we were going at a pretty good clip.  Didn't really seem like it, since we were talking so much!  So much easier to walk with a friend!

Better get prepared for the "storm" that is coming Alice!  Bread, Eggs & Milk!  (my kids always teased me about that.) But, hey, you can make anything as long as you are stocked up on those 3 things!   ;)

Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline Alice

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 10:47:01 AM »
Hi Pam,

I prefer to do my whole chickens in the oven. There is just nothing better than that! I like that is browns nicely that the instant pot can't do. It feels more special to serve that lovely thing browned all over.

I think it will work fine in the instant pot but I never heard of the liner bag--again, it would be a more moist, fall-off-the bone tender instead of nicely roasted brown. If I knew how to use the liner bag, I should try it. I don't know anything about pinterest.

What I'm really wanting is a pot of pinto beans. I've never just made a pot and then eaten them because my hubby can't eat beans due to digestion issues. But that sounds so good to just scoop and eat right now. I even just had lunch and I'm still hungry! And now I want chicken too!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 03:42:01 PM »
Here is the blog I was talking about:

http://www.isavea2z.com/rotisserie-chicken-pressure-cooker-recipe/

It looks brown, but now that I look at it again, it might just be the color from all the seasonings.  I might have to give it a whirl whenever I buy a chicken and see how it is.

The only time I make pinto beans, it is to mash for refried beans.  Never have just eaten them.  Hope you find something to quench your hunger!  ;)

Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline Alice

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 06:47:49 PM »
I'm so full of good food tonight! I did make some honey garlic chicken and pinto beans in my instant pot with a chunk of pork. We baked the last three potatoes and I got groceries before the storm!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats