Author Topic: Thursday, August 14, 2014  (Read 779 times)

Offline Cheryl

Thursday, August 14, 2014
« on: August 14, 2014, 05:58:50 AM »
Good morning!  It's almost the weekend. ;)

I'm up and ready to face the day as soon as I have my coffee.  I went on my morning walk and enjoyed the quiet time while the sun was just beginning to peak over the horizon.  It was a little chilly out there at first, but I warmed up quickly.  I'm always ready for the cooler weather.

Today will more than likely be an at-home day.  That's okay with me.  I really need to clean my laundry room and put some things away that I've gotten in the habit of throwing in there and closing the door on the mess. :D 

Supper tonight is grilled hamburgers and oven fries. 

Have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
Re: Thursday, August 14, 2014
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 09:10:19 AM »
Good morning Cheryl and all who follow,
   I was wiped out last night. I was in bed before 10 and slept till almost 8.  :o Yesterday I had to learn something new and it was mostly just standing around. I would rather be moving and working. LOL Today I am alone as the dietary aid. My first day alone with the cook. I am pretty confident, though. I took notes and pretty much have the routine memorized already. The lady who is the cook is a kind and helpful lady, so I know she will help me out if I get stuck.  ;) I work today and tomorrow, then have 3 days off. Hayley's wedding is Saturday. I am really looking forward to it. I still need to get Kevin to hold the quilt up so I can take a picture.  :D I may even start a new project while I am off.
   I know you will all probably get tired of hearing about my new job, but truthfully that is the only thing going on it my life right now. Hopefully I will get used to things soon and get in a routine. I can not brag on Kevin enough. He has been bringing in all the garden produce, checking on the animals, dehydrating stuff, doing the household things, and has supper ready every night when I get home. Even though he is doing all this, things have still been hard on him. He is old school and always thought the man brought home the bacon and the woman took care of everything at home.  :( He is trying, but I see a sadness in him at times. Please say a prayer for him to adapt. He is so worried that I won't tell him if I get to the point of not enjoying myself. I know it sounds weird, but I have been home for almost my whole life. I married Kevin within a year of graduating high school. I only worked out for a few months before we were married, and that was for his mom. I feel like I am on a vacation. LOL
   You all have a wonderful day.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

shedrinkzcoffee

Re: Thursday, August 14, 2014
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 04:18:06 PM »
Moving day is tomorrow so its busy here.  Just wanted to say hello!

I'll see you all next week!