Author Topic: Monday, December 15, 2014  (Read 1364 times)

Offline wrancher

Monday, December 15, 2014
« on: December 15, 2014, 06:36:00 AM »
Good Morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Monday, December 15, 2014
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 06:58:37 AM »
We had major ice last night. I am driving kids to school

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 08:39:56 AM »
Good morning.

Janice - how much ice do you have?  Do you have snow too?  I cannot stand cold weather, and especially driving in snow and ice.  People in Alabama don't know how to drive in winter weather. :D

I've had my coffee and a shower, put beef stew in the crockpot, swept and cleaned the living room floor, and I'm about to get Emily started on some school work before we take a break for the holidays.

This afternoon I have to take the kitten to the vet again.  He's been sick since Saturday and he looks so thin because he can't keep anything down.  I hope and pray it's nothing too serious.

Well, seeing how some of you posted your menus this weekend inspired me to sit down and work on one.  I haven't made one since October and I hate winging it.  I think I'll go see what I can come up with for the rest of the month. 

Have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline wrancher

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 09:07:03 AM »
Ok retract that post! Ross had me scared.  It wasn't that bad at all. It was still misting on way to town now it is snowing. I don't think it will be that bad if everyone uses caution. Tonight is kids Christmas concert at school. I will do some ironing and will have a hot sandwich thing ready to eat before we go.  I have 2 long French bread one will be thin roast beef and cheese and sauté onions and the other maybe a warmed up egg salad sandwich.  I am wrapping up each of them a sweatshirt to have under tree and need to wrap some teacher gifts.  I need to see what I still need as my mom and I are going to city tomorrow to finish what we need to get done.  I have some more cards to go out as I found another list. I hope to get a good list and keep it some place safe for next year. Ha. Yesterday I made dipped pretzels and ritz cracker, peanut butter and dipped in chocolate.  I want to make other cookies so they won't eat these all up at once.  Also I am not gonna say clean out my walk in.  Each day I write that I get a couple things done in there and quit. Ugh. Now I am slowly getting courage up to remake chex mix.  Dry Ingredients in pan. Getting closer.  Please no fires. Ha.  Better get letters to mailbox.

Coffee time..
Janice

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 10:27:13 AM »
Good morning!

Morning started off a little rocky.  Kids were at it first thing this morning.  I took them all to school, then took my book and journal (trying out the bullet method in it so it is my calendar, to-do list, etc...) to ABC and cashed in my free caramel macchiato (sugar-free).  Sipped my coffee, made out a to-do list for today, and read for about 30 minutes just for fun, then came home and wiped out much of my to-do list between the coffee and the mental recharge.

I had been hiking a lot lately and loving it, and then walking at least 3 miles other days of the week here in town.  But I think I had an adrenal crash of some sort.  I have no thyroid and had been on just about the right dose of replacement, when suddenly I started having racing heart, anxiety, etc... .  This is typical if iron gets too low or cortisol too high, so I am laying off the exercise a bit.  Going to do short bursts here in there but not such long hikes for a bit.  Upping the vitamin c and making the "adrenal cocktail" twice a day (good salt, vit C or OJ, and cream of tartar) along with adding rhodiola back in.  Anyway, hoping this is better soon...it is a horrible feeling. 

Still need to get dinner in the crockpot.  We are having a curry type stew:  sweet potatoes, carrots, chicken, and a sauce of coconut milk and curry powder.  Super easy and very nutritious...just what we need.  :)

Janice, I hope your Chex mix goes well this time.  ;)

Cheryl, I hope it's nothing serious with the kitty.  And easily treated and not too expensive.  Will be praying.

Catherine

Offline Rooney

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 12:13:54 PM »
Catherine, I sure so hope you start feelin' better girl.  That has got to be rough with all you have to get done in a day.  That drink you make sounds a lot like what I use for electrolyte replenishment.  I don't use the cream of tartar though, is that for magnesium or something?  Praying you feel better quickly. :)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 12:19:56 PM by Rooney »

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 05:02:13 PM »
Catherine, I sure so hope you start feelin' better girl.  That has got to be rough with all you have to get done in a day.  That drink you make sounds a lot like what I use for electrolyte replenishment.  I don't use the cream of tartar though, is that for magnesium or something?  Praying you feel better quickly. :)
Thanks, Lindsay.   It was so sudden that it has thrown me for a loop.  The cream of tartar adds potassium.   I also take quite a bit of magnesium separately, all the time.

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 06:35:46 PM »

Cheryl, I hope it's nothing serious with the kitty.  And easily treated and not too expensive.  Will be praying.

Catherine

Stormy just got out of surgery.  He had an intestinal obstruction.  Prayers are appreciated, both for the kitten and myself.  I am afraid I'll need them when I'm hit with the bill tomorrow. :'(
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 08:19:50 AM »

Catherine

Stormy just got out of surgery.  He had an intestinal obstruction.  Prayers are appreciated, both for the kitten and myself.  I am afraid I'll need them when I'm hit with the bill tomorrow. :'(

Poor baby.  And poor mama.  :(