Author Topic: Monday, June 8, 2015  (Read 891 times)

Offline wrancher

Monday, June 8, 2015
« on: June 08, 2015, 07:11:04 AM »
Good Morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Monday, June 8, 2015
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 07:24:09 AM »
We had  good weekend. Got lots of work and still got away at least for 1 night at a camping trip. It felt like we were gone for the whole weekend. When we got back the neighbor had fixed the lawn mower belt so I went to mowing. I got my yard done and the circle on theirs. I will get back out and mow as it is going to be warm this week and the grass will really grow. We had another 1" of rain Saturday night/sundaymorning.  I got stuck with the riding lawn mower and megan had to push me out. Also when we got back Ross and the corn planter guy went and looked at fields. We watched his little girls. They are so cute. So today back to moving cows around and Ross will be grinding hay as soon as grinder shows up. I am going to do bookwork and clean off this desk as it never ends. I guess that is a good thing. I think the kids left some stuff in camper and I need to give a good clean out of it. It isnt too bad but if I keep it up and doesnt get bad. I need to clean out refridgerator and walk in today also. It is Monday so there will be 800 million other things to do today that I didnt know I needed to do. Saturday I ended up meeting a guy to get more bulls and got to go to my sisters and see my great niece. She is 4 months old. Fun.

coffee while paying the bills..ugh...
Janice

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 07:47:16 AM »
Good morning!

Sitting here having some scrambled eggs, bacon, and cherries, then will start on the coffee.  I figured a week this busy needed a good start.  :)  I am mostly packed, other than adding my toiletries bag and packing my little 31 bag with my vitamins and supplements and some books (in case I have time and energy to read before bed).  Max and I will share a room in the lodge but I doubt he'll want to get to bed early, lol.  The middle three will be off with their respective groups and counselors in the cabins, and Maddy is living in a staff house so I'll probably only see her in passing.  While Max attends the day camp from 8-5, I will be volunteering in some capacity.  So far I've heard mention of kitchen and/or data inputting.  So we'll see.

We'll come back Friday, do laundry, and then get Morgan packed up and take her to Dallas on Saturday to meet my dad and fly home to their house for 10 days.  Come home from that and get Maddy packed up and take her up to Norman on Sunday afternoon for the architecture camp for 6 days.  She'll have the two weeks after that off from all camps: one week we just scheduled off so she could get in her dental and orthodontic visits, and one week that the camp is closed.

Well, I'd better get moving.  I've got my sheets in the wash and will get them put back on before I leave.  Need to sweep and maybe even mop after we load the van, as well as making Earl a "what to do and when" list for the pets and garden jobs that are not usually his responsibility.

Janice, glad y'all got to camp.  :)

Have a great week!
Catherine

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 08:02:34 AM »
Hello!

I haven't posted in quite awhile!

We are officially on summer vacation!  Yay!  Alex finished kindergarten on May 29th as the teachers were doing post-K assessments the last week of school.  Christie and Jordan finished 10th grade and 8th grade, respectively, on Friday, June 5.  So now we are done with school!

I have deliberately planned our summer to be busy with fun stuff and house stuff, so that we are not going to be constantly wanting to be on electronic entertainment.  Jordan is on the high school football team so Monday through Thursday he will be doing football workouts from 8 am to 12 noon.  Christie is still looking for a summer job.  I have planned that we will spend mornings doing the work that needs to be done, since I haven't managed to find any fairies that will clean the house and do the dishes and wash the clothes and cook the meals.  If we are organized about our work and do it quickly without a lot of fussing around, we can be done with it by noon, then we can go pick up Jordan, eat lunch and have the afternoon for fun.

The summer fun schedule is: Monday:  swimming.  Tuesday: library and field trip.  Wednesday: swimming and movie.  Thursday: park playgroup and bowling.   Friday: hike and swimming.  Saturdays are for family fun with Daddy and Christie (once she finds a job).  I am also doing Mommy Camp--each week will have a theme and we'll do fun activities related to that theme.  This week's theme is Build and Create.  We'll build things with our Legos, Duplos, blocks and any other building materials we can find around the house.  We'll create art with watercolors, paints, clay, crayons, markers, colored paper, glue, feathers, etc.  We'll have fun with our snacks by building things with toothpicks and foods like grapes, grape tomatoes, cheese cubes, blueberries, etc.  Our field trip will be to the local children's museum.  The Mommy Camp activities will be available anytime when Alex and Nathan have finished their work and are ready for some play.  My goal is to be very deliberate with our electronic entertainment--if there's something we want to watch, fine, but I don't want anyone turning on a screen just because they're bored.

So, today, I have laundry to do, which will be the main homekeeping task.  We had company over on Saturday so the house is in pretty good shape.  Just some picking up here and there.  Christie has a babysitting job today so she won't be with us.  Jordan wasn't feeling well yesterday so he won't be going to football today.  We'll do the work in the morning then go to swimming this afternoon.

Dinner tonight will be spaghetti and green salad.

Have a great day and I look forward to participating more regularly now!

Merilee

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 09:18:35 AM »
Wow! Sounds like you ladies are jumping into summer with both feet!  Yay for you!

I still have to come to the realization that summer is here - I guess!!  It hasn't been even into the 70's much yet.  I think we had 2 days a few weeks back.  I hope I didn't blink and miss summer!!  LOL!

I get to do laundry today.  I have a couple of last minute touches to finish my bathroom off.  It shouldn't take too long, so I need to get on that.  I will feel so much better when I can say it's finished!
Not much else happening here.

Had son and his gf visiting from SC over the weekend. So nice to have them here, but now back to our regularly scheduled chores and programming! 

Youngest has a ballgame tonight.  He will be in the bullpen, so we will go to the game, but we won't have to be there right when it starts.  It is about a 35 minute drive, so we will get there when we get there!

So, I guess I have my to do list now.  Laundry, bathroom, ballgame.  Sounds do-able enough!  Not sure what we will do about dinner since the ballgame falls kind of during dinner time.  Maybe just a quick salad before we leave or something. We will see!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2015, 12:16:57 PM »
Good morning, ladies!

We have been busy this morning.  Trevor started 7am swim practices today.  Its not far from my husbands work so he took him while I went to the gym and did a spin class.  I picked up Trevor, came home, showered and I am finally sitting down at 11am with some bacon, eggs, and coffee.  I had a couple small plums too.  Someone has a tree that works with the hubs and brought some in.  He brought some home on Thursday or Friday and he went in on Saturday for a few hours and a lot of plums were still there so he called and asked if I wanted them.  People bring donuts in and they are gone but fresh fruit sits around, LOL.  I'll take them!  I have zucchini that our neighbor gave us and mine are starting to produce too.  I am deciding what to do with all of it.  I made zucchini jam a while back and it was good.  I may do that again.  My neighbor just throws them away.. he gets so many that he can't even give them away.  I am going to research some things to do with them and ways to preserve them.

We're staying home the rest of the day.  I have laundry going and will go out to hang laundry but other than that, I am staying inside in the AC.  It was 105* yesterday and is supposed to be the same.  This heat is unreal!

Dinner tonight.. my oldest (who just got back from a week long canoe trip on the Green River) said "I'm making dinner tonight".  Best thing I had heard all day AND it wasn't his dad's idea, LOL.  I have no idea what we are having but I am grateful to not have to cook it.

Catherine - have a great week!  Sounds like the kids will have a lot of fun!