Author Topic: Thrusday, August 18, 2016  (Read 1013 times)

Offline wrancher

Thrusday, August 18, 2016
« on: August 18, 2016, 08:40:31 AM »
Good Morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Thrusday, August 18, 2016
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 08:44:25 AM »
I have been checking in just haven't had time to post.  I am fixin to sell the camper. I have it all unloaded and I just need to wash the windows and the floor.  I have been cleaning like a mad woman.  Then Megan is getting ready to go back to college. We will leave Saturday and come back Sunday.  All the kids start school Monday.

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 08:59:00 AM »
Good morning, everyone.

I have a few minutes while Emily is working on history.  We'll finish up school work then probably go to my mother's.  She called last night to tell me she has some apples if I want them.  It looks like I'll be busy this afternoon dehydrating apples and maybe canning some applesauce.

Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 09:01:59 AM »
This summer has gone too fast for me. I did nothing.

We have finally got the antenna thing figured out after two fails with indoor antennas and one fail with the Roku. I'm not a big movie watcher and Roku I think is something you have to be "intentional" about. Meaning you kind of have to know what you are looking for when I am more "spontaneaous" and want to flip through channels. Now we have the roof mounted antenna and I get basic network channels and that's all I really need. Next stop is to call at&t and get the tv part cancelled.

Told my parents what we did and dad exclaimed he too wants to get rid of dishtv and put up an antenna so I think that is next on the agenda.

Almost didn't get a meal on the table last night but then I remembered I had made a thai red curry chicken soup late Tues. night so that was ready. I also made some home fries from a bunch of potatoes that were getting wrinkly. Then I cut up grapefruit that was starting to become soft so now they are all sectioned out into a big bowl ready to eat. Two mangos were very ripe so they were cut and eaten last night. Wow! There are three avocados that need to be eaten tonight and three more mangos in the refrigerator that have slowed their ripening but they need to be sliced and frozen soon. Found half a head of lettuce that will be used tonight and sadly a couple of cucumbers that had to be thrown out. Too many cukes and finally you just can't eat them anymore. Had some shredded cabbage and carrots mom gave me but that is part of the thai red curry soup so I have some onions and green peppers to work with tonight and that will be in sloppy joes and the rest of the green peppers will be diced and frozen. Dad's garden is slowing down for a bit so that's good. I need a break.

So dinner tonight looks like sloppy joes and salad with maybe a leftover blueberry muffin if they are still there when I get home from work.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats