Author Topic: Thursday, April 6, 2017  (Read 1026 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Thursday, April 6, 2017
« on: April 06, 2017, 06:47:22 AM »
Good Morning!!
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Thursday, April 6, 2017
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 06:59:31 AM »
Hello Ladies!

Hope everyone is having a great day so far!

Here's a question for you. If April showers bring May flowers, what do April snow storms bring?/?  :P :-\ :o

We are having snow right now.  Big fluffy flakes.  Real feel of 17*  UGH!  I am over it!  I sure hope that we are rewarded with an extra nice late Spring and Summer! 

So, I am planning on staying home right now.  We are suppose to go to our minor league baseball home opener, but I am doubtful that they will play.  I am hoping they cancel this afternoon so we don't have to go over there just to have it cancelled. 

I have a few things on my to do list today.  There are some papers that need to be gone through and thrown away or dealt with otherwise.
Also want to dust and vacuum. 

There are some things just hanging around that need to be put away or gotten rid of as well.  I know I will be glad when those are taken care of. 

Taxes are almost done.  I just need a couple more numbers that I need to locate and add.  Then I can get those filed.

Have a little computer research to do for hubs, but that shouldn't take too long. 

I also WILL do a walking video.  I just started a 100 day walking challenge yesterday, and I don't want to fall out so soon!   ;)

Hope everyone has a great day!  One day away from the weekend!!
Would love to hear what you are up to!
Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 07:25:51 AM »
Hi Pam (and anyone else),

April snow storms bring depression. What a sad sight to see snow falling. I really thought it would be done by now. Thankfully, most of the renovation is now over so I can get back to MY LIFE without people coming in and out all the time.

With all the electrical stuff yesterday and breakers being tested, my BUNN coffee pot doesn't work today. It either got surged and killed or it just chose to naturally die overnight. I've been reading reviews of the new models that are sold today and they are not good. I have an older model that I've had for 8+ years. We took out the old percolator for this mornings coffee and it was delicious. Maybe we will only use the percolator and skip a new coffee maker.

The bathroom renovation is almost done. Hubby gets to paint and there is some touch up by all the new windows that need painting before the blinds can go back up. I'm ready for my blinds. I hate the wide open feel and everyone walking by looks into our home.

I made yogurt in my Instant Pot last night so this morning I strained it for thicker yogurt and now it has to sit in the fridge for the day. We'll try it tonight. It looks good.

Dinner is still leftover chicken. Youngest daughter needed us last night for counsel on a few things and she wanted to go out to eat. Dad ended up taking her since I still have electricians in the house that I wanted to be there for. No one ate at home so now I still have that chicken to work with.

I slept better last night than I have all week. Too much construction going on and decisions to be made and things to do the last couple of weeks led me to have some rough nights in the sleep department. Remove the problems and then I sleep better. There are a couple of outside things yet that need to be tended to but they don't have to come inside anymore.

That's it for my very busy update.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 08:57:30 AM »
Alice - I totally agree on your snow storms assessment! I feel the exact same way about it!

Glad you are getting your home back from all of the intrusions.  I'm sure it will be a relief to have it completed!
          I'm sure it will help with your sleeping paterns as well.
-Pam
Wife of 32 years