Author Topic: Saturday, April 8, 2017  (Read 1045 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Saturday, April 8, 2017
« on: April 08, 2017, 10:43:17 AM »
Good Day Ladies!
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Saturday, April 8, 2017
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 10:59:45 AM »
Not sure if anyone really checks in here on the weekends, but thought I would pop on just in case.

Had a nice time at the game yesterday. It was a double header, they were to play two 7 inning games.  Ok, sounds good, checked into the suite, had some good food, blah blah blah, game one was great.  Our minor league team won 2-1 or 2-0 (I wasn't paying that much attention, but we won!), and then the 2nd game ........ we stayed for maybe 4 innings or so, and then decided to take off.  Well, we got updates from a couple of friends who were still there that they went into extra innings.  Around midnight I heard the post game fireworks (what???!?!?!?) So, I guess they won in a walk off in the 16th inning!!!  So glad we didn't stick that out!!  Woweee!

So, today, we are working on our bird feeders trying to keep those darn squirrels out of them.  We tried the slinky trick, and that worked for about a day and a half or so, but they figured out a way around those.  Will try to "reset" them more strategically this time.  I also had read about using Irish Spring shavings in nylons, so I have 3 small packets of those ready to tie somewhere and see if that helps.  Hubs got video of two raccoons getting into the feeders the other morning.  What now??  Maybe the Irish Spring will keep them out of it too.   ::)

Did a little paperwork this morning, and the dishwasher is running, so I have a start on a few chores.  We are planning on going for a walk this afternoon as well, since the sun is shining, and it is in the 50's already.  Could we be finally getting into Spring??  Please, oh please!!!

Will log onto the internet to see if we can catch some of son's college game too.  We decided to stay home, since we went to the games the last two weekends.  His girlfriend is going today, so he will have support, and we have to drive north an hour and a half to my parents tomorrow to celebrate Easter.  That just sounded like a lot of driving!

Hope everyone has a great day! Enjoy the sunshine if you have it!
Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 06:39:56 PM »
Hi Pam, I didn't want to let you down so I checked in!

We had a really busy day today. I wanted to sleep in but my body is so used to getting up by 6 am that I was awake at that time. So we started to clean up after all the renovations. Hubby had to finish painting in the new bathroom and then put all the trim back up. I worked on washing the new windows. Hubby also put up the the blinds and I washed the cute curtains before hanging them. I cleaned the garage windows and then the porch screens and wiped down all the frames which were dusty. We had lunch then raked up the lawn that a skunk had ripped up last Sat night. We recycled all the boxes and even went for a 3.2 mile walk. I even washed all the bedding so that is all nice and fresh. I am so tired right now that I can't stand it.

The only bad things about this all is that my Bunn coffee pot died and today I found out the icycle lights that I hang in my curtains have also died. I now have to wait for Christmas to get more since it is seasonal. I'm sad about that.

Well, that is all for today--it's 8:39 pm and I don't want to do anything more today!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 06:27:16 AM »
Thanks for the response Alice!!
It sounds like you did more in one day than I do sometimes in a week!  You must have slept really well Saturday night!

I think you might be able to icicle lights on amazon if you really get to missing them.  You probably can get them cheaper during the hoidays, but I don't think they are too expensive.

Pam
Wife of 32 years