Author Topic: Wed. July 26, 2017  (Read 743 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Wed. July 26, 2017
« on: July 26, 2017, 07:21:54 AM »
Good morning!

How is everyone today? I had a pretty good nights rest last night. It surely helped that I had one hour to myself between 8 pm and 9 pm. Not a soul home, just me. I really got to rest. It was busy up until that time. My van needed to get picked up after a very costly repair, dinner was started late but we did get dinner without takeout. I did get some groceries and I even cleaned the shower and bathroom sink as well as the kitchen sink. Got all the garbage collected for trash day today. As I'm writing this, I'm now wondering where all the helpers were during the day to do some of these things? I'll have to have a chat about that with them.

Tonight I'm going to make some kind of cheeseburger macaroni casserole and maybe some zucchini with a ground beef/rice/tomato mixture and baked. I also want to do some buttermilk biscuits. I got my few groceries and I was really surprised how little I needed so I went ahead and got them. The only thing I couldn't get was the 88 cent per lb. bone in chicken breasts. They were out for the day so I'll try again tonight. I was well within my budget!

I still want to clean some carpets but I think I'll wait until the kids are gone. It is very high traffic area and then having wet carpets doesn't sound like a good combination. I also noticed the laundry basket was full again. I guess that happens with 5 adults, right?

Hoping for a nice quiet day and evening!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Wed. July 26, 2017
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 11:25:41 AM »
Hi Alice and all others who might pop in!

Alice: sounds like your hour alone was divine, and just what you needed!

We went to the concert last night.  It was really good.  I'm not a huge fan of The Who, but it was cool to see them, and I knew most of the songs.  Got home late.  Probably was close to midnight.  I could have used an extra hour or so of sleep this morning!

Went to weight watchers, and then walked with my friend.  It was a nice walk, and much needed.  We grabbed lunch, and now I need to see about getting some things done around here.  I think I am going to put some baking soda down and vacuum it up to freshen the carpet a little bit.  It just seems stale or something in here.

Also want to bleach the kitchen sink and countertops.  I feel like I just want a freshness in here.  Not sure if it's the weather or what, but it seems like the house just needs something to freshen it up. 

Will get to that, and then hopefully can get another walk in tonight with hubs.  He has a long day today, and had to work on the computer for a while after the concert last night, so he may too tired.  We will see.  Has another project starting today, so may be distracted by that as well. 

Dinner is leftovers, so hoping to use up those. 

Hope everyone has a great rest of your day!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25