The Hearth > Managing a Household

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

<< < (3/3)

MoWin:
Jennie,

I pieced the Shadowy Stars back in 2010. It was a quilt along from Judy Laquidara. I don't think I have shared any pictures of it. I am so close to being done with the hand quilting, I will wait till it is done to share a picture.  ;D I used a blue wash out pen to mark the whole thing. Just hoping it all comes out when I soak it.

A couple of years ago, I did another quilt along with Amanda Jean (Crazy Mom Quilts). It is a scrappy 36 patch quilt. Each block has only 2 fabrics in it, a light and a dark. I believe there are either 42 or 48 blocks.  :) I want this for our bed. I plan to do simple quilting on it. Haven't really decided yet whether to try a free hand Baptist Fan or just do Xs in each square. I really would like to get this done before winter is over. If I work hard, it takes me on average about 2 months to hand quilt a bed size quilt. I will see if I can find a picture of the scrappy 36 patch top and post in the craft section.  Thanks for asking, honey.

Blessings,
Winona

gaggleofseven:
Winona, I'll look forward to seeing your Shadowy Stars quilt when the quilting is done. Your second quilt sounds perfect. Is it already pieced and you have the quilting left? My current queen size quilt has been "in progress" for several years, and I am planning on finishing the hand quilting on it over the winter.

Thanks for taking the time to tell me about your projects; it's very encouraging to hear what you're creating!

Blessings,
Jennie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version