The Hearth > Managing a Household

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

<< < (2/3) > >>

greyhoundgirl:
Good morning!

So much to do but I'm sitting here trying to decide where to start, lol.  And sipping a cup of Caramel Vanilla Cream coffee.  :)  Maybe that will help me choose.  I have two of the kids scheduled for eye exams so we need to leave about 1:30 for those.  Then I have one tomorrow morning first thing.  We bought the vision insurance at Earl's current job because the price was so low and Maddy and I have to correct our vision so are trying to get everything in before that ends.  We both already used our glasses allowance but can get up to $150 worth of contacts for a $20 copay so will probably go ahead and get stocked up.

I will leave Thursday afternoon and be gone through Sunday night on an Emmaus walk so have been trying to plan out what the rest of my family will eat this weekend.  I'm looking forward to the break from cooking, personally.  :)  Haven't been away since Conference in Nashville last November so this sounds very pleasant.  And of course, starting in a couple of weeks, Earl will only be home for occasional weekends so it's nice to get the break before doing the solo parenting thing for a few months.

We got storms and rain here last night so temps should be a bit cooler today.  I saw where the high is only supposed to be about 94, but of course our humidity is up.  Sure is better than the last few weeks, though.  :)

I've got some fall seeds started indoors.  I got smart and have been misting them to water instead of using a cup or watering can.  Seems like I'd end up with them flooded so much and this seems to be working well.  I added a teensy bit of fish emulsion and Sea 90 to the water so they are being fed at the same time.  Earl had installed a shop light under the cabinets on the added side of our kitchen and we  put the plant light bulbs in it back in the spring.  So I can keep the flats in there where I see them frequently and can keep them watered well.

Well, better get moving on the day.  I logged in to resume my Azure order because I saw they had juice grade apples and wanted to make apple butter but they were all gone.  Oh well.

Have a great day, everyone!
Catherine

wrancher:
what? I must have lost other post. I will check back in after helping dh get air seeder going

MoWin:
It is pouring down rain again today. I got soaked doing chores, but at least it is warmer than yesterday already. Supposed to get to about 70* today. Sixty degrees was our high yesterday.

Not much planned today. Since I got so  little sleep Sunday night, I really slept in this morning. I knew nothing until 9 o'clock. I hardly ever sleep that late. Oh well, my body must have needed it. I did 40 minutes of kickboxing yesterday after not exercising for 2 weeks. Yikes, about killed me.  :o I hope it goes a bit better today. LOL

I hope to get a bit more done on my Shadowy Stars quilt today. I really want to get it finished so I can start on the new quilt for our bed.  ;D

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Blessings,
Winona

wrancher:
Ok finally can get on with MY day.  I had a post all typed up but I most not have hit post. ugh  So in short DS won game last night 30-0 and something to 0 in the other game. Football Jamboree Saturday. Should be fun. Fixin to finally head out and haul hay. Our one hay trailer is not good and waiting for local repair man to work on it so I had DH unhook grain trailer from semi so I could haul hay with semi. Otherwise $10,000 for a new trailer. I can haul almost 2 times the bales with the semi also.Never in my wildest days did I ever think I could drive a semi truck. You gotta do what ya gotta do!! So I run in and change loads of clothes around and head back out the door. I need to run into town around 3 to have them fix DDs glasses. The daughter from college left them home as they are very scratched, etc. They are down at satelite office today so need to take the time to do that. Otherwise just haul hay. Too many winter projects looming...

Have a great day
Janice

Tonight I need to finish the pot of salsa I am making. I picked a box of jalapeno and bell peppers yesterday to put in it.

gaggleofseven:

--- Quote from: MoWin on September 17, 2013, 10:12:23 AM ---It is pouring down rain again today. I got soaked doing chores, but at least it is warmer than yesterday already. Supposed to get to about 70* today. Sixty degrees was our high yesterday.

Not much planned today. Since I got so  little sleep Sunday night, I really slept in this morning. I knew nothing until 9 o'clock. I hardly ever sleep that late. Oh well, my body must have needed it. I did 40 minutes of kickboxing yesterday after not exercising for 2 weeks. Yikes, about killed me.  :o I hope it goes a bit better today. LOL

I hope to get a bit more done on my Shadowy Stars quilt today. I really want to get it finished so I can start on the new quilt for our bed.  ;D

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Blessings,
Winona

--- End quote ---

Winona, what pattern are you using for your new quilt? Have you posted pictures of the Shadowy Stars?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version