Author Topic: Tuesday, February 16, 2016  (Read 1469 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Tuesday, February 16, 2016
« on: February 16, 2016, 07:11:14 AM »
Good morning!

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Tuesday, February 16, 2016
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 07:19:56 AM »
Good morning!

So, we're in the second half of February!

Yesterday was a beautiful day.  One of the problems of living where I do is that we're in a "bowl" created by mountain ranges on both sides of the valley, so during the winter we have inversions where a layer of warmer air is above a layer of colder air.  The warmer air traps pollutants underneath, which results in a lot of smog.  A good storm will clear it out but we hadn't had a storm in a while so the inversion had gotten really bad.  We finally got a snowstorm on Sunday that cleared out some of the pollution.  So yesterday was sunny and we could see blue skies.  The temperature got up to 55!  It was lovely!

Today I have an appointment here at my house at 11 am, the twins, and football carpool.  I need to pick up my house and do laundry.  I think most of the snow in the backyard has melted so I'm going to start moving the holiday decoration boxes from the garage to the shed.  Over the weekend I did a lot of decluttering, organizing, sorting, putting away and general tidying up in the office.  There's still some more to do but I got things cleaned up enough that I can use my sewing table so I'd like to work on a sewing project or two.

Have a great day!
Merilee

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 09:01:50 AM »
Good morning!

Our weather here yesterday was awful - the wind blowing, downpours of rain all day and night, plus cold.  Today is shaping up to be much better.  The sun is shining and it's supposed to be up in the 50s.

As soon as Emily finishes her school work we will be heading outside.  I have a small storage shelf we use in the bathroom that I'd like to paint.  I had originally planned on getting rid of it and buying something else to put in its place, but after looking at Lowe's and not finding anything I like better I decided to just repaint it and keep using it for now.  I have a can of free to me paint that I'll be using. It's Glidden Bittersweet Chocolate and it will be a close match to the color of our vanity.

Well, gotta run so I can get something done.  Have a great day!

Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline wrancher

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 09:46:33 AM »
Good Morning

Beautiful weather on tap here after rain showers. Roads were really slick so I let kids take suburban. We will probably take in an extra vehicle as they should firm up some so Ashley could come home after play practice before lane is done with basketball practice. Levi has his last game tonight about an hour from us. We will pickup Allison and Levi and head to game after school. Thankfully winding down on sports. Wont be long and we will be calving. I think we are all kinda looking forward to the change. I am finishing bookwork as I take my MIL tomorrow to accountant. Will be so glad to have that day over.  I think I will either stick soup in crockpot (that is leftover) so it is warm when everyone gets home or try to come up with something for crockpot. I need to go clean up my kitchen but after I feel like I am getting somewhere on bookwork.

Have a great day
Janice

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 11:59:30 AM »
Good morning! 

Its been beautiful here but the rain is coming back tomorrow. We need it but I am sure enjoying the sunshine and mid 70 degree weather.  It will be back before I know it though.

I am getting ready to run to the store for a few items.  I ordered an Instant Pot and it arrived yesterday.  I am itching to use it.  I think we may do pork shops and potatoes in it this evening.  Thinking about making a batch of refried beans in it soon, just because.  ;)

The boys each have a doctors appointment this afternoon.  They are getting their physicals done for Scouts and a form needs to be filled out for the high adventure camp that they are going to next month.  Then its swimming for Trev, cycling at the gym for me while he swims and then I will run him to scouts to meet the hubs there.  Then I can come home and make a later dinner but not as late as it could be without the Instant Pot.   ;)

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

Offline Shelly

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 01:22:10 PM »
Good day!

It's gorgeous here in Utah today. It's 45F and sunny.  Feels like spring. Maisie had tumbling this morning, so I took her to that and then I need to take a couple boxes up to the donation center. The rest of the day, I will be working on cleaning/chores and watching some training videos. Real exciting  ;D Trevor will be working some more on our kitchen remodel this evening, so I will be attempting to keep the kids out of his hair.

Wife to Trevor for 16 years and SAHM to Maisie (4) Liam (4) Aedric (1) Harold (1)

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 01:34:31 PM »
Oh my ladies!!

Where oh where has the day gone???  And what exactly have I done with it? 

Feeling a little bit muddled today.  Need to still unload the dishwasher.  With hubby out of town, I just tend to wander through the internet, or through a magazine, or through the cable offerings.  (or all 3!!)

Have accomplished a few little projects, but nothing too extensive.  Waiting for the predicted warm up around here.  It is still stinking cold. Around 24 right now.  This weekend we are to be in the 50's, but with rain.  I am aching to get outside for a nice walk, but I don't do cold unless absolutely necessary!!   :)

Hope everyone has a great evening!!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2016, 07:45:07 PM »
Good evening ladies,
    I had to go to a meeting today. It wasn't too bad. At least I did not struggle to stay awake like I have in past meetings. LOL My coworker asked me if I would mind trading days to work. I had this weekend off and she needed Saturday to attend her son's final basketball tournament. I had nothing planned, so I will work Saturday and she will work Wednesday for me.  ;) I would rather work on the weekend anyway. LOL
    Hazel and Ryan just got a new puppy. She is half German Shepard/ half Husky. I have seen pictures and she is so cute. The kids named her Maple. No idea why. LOL Anyway, they are bringing her home for all her shots etc. next Tuesday. The vet around here is so much more reasonable than the Kansas City vets, that they can make the drive and still save money. So that whole story to say that Hazel and her family are coming to visit next Tuesday afternoon when I get off work. I am so excited to see them.  ;D
    I have a resident who always complains about her neck being cold. The past few days she has wheeled around in her chair with a sweater wrapped around her neck. I asked our administrator if it would be all right to make Barb a short scarf to wrap around her neck. She said yes, so I am going to crochet a short scarf for Barb. I may not get it done this week, but soon.  :D
    We are supposed to have gorgeous weather for the next 3 or 4 days. Sure looking forward to that. So far this winter we have had less than 10 inches of snow. That may be it for us. Time will tell. LOL
   Everyone have a great Wednesday.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie