Author Topic: Monday, May 5, 2014  (Read 1458 times)

Offline wrancher

Monday, May 5, 2014
« on: May 05, 2014, 06:08:17 AM »
Good Morning
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 07:25:58 AM by wrancher »

Offline wrancher

Re: Monday, May 4. 2014
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 06:09:55 AM »
Branding went good yesterday I think we will do another group on Saturday. Glad that much is done the calves are getting big.

Offline wrancher

Re: Monday, May 4. 2014
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 07:24:54 AM »
Got interrupted getting kids out the door for school.  Laundry and dishes are started fixin to head out the door for chores.  Inside is just catching up on stuff from yesterday and bookwork. Outside lots I want to accomplish like pull weeds, yardwork, cleaning up old corrals, put some boards on windbreaks that are off, etc. 1 thing at a time so I think I will head out.

Have a good day

Janice

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Monday, May 5, 2014
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 10:26:51 AM »
Good morning!

Slow start to today.  I was just really tired so after seeing the older kids off to school, I went back to bed for awhile.

Today:  daily 6, laundry make bread.  I also want to continue to work on the family room.  I got it cleaned up and organized, now I want to start on some deep cleaning and rearranging.  I'm going to start on plans for putting up some wall mounted bookshelves.  Today I will also get back to my C25K training.  Last week wasn't a good exercise week.  This week WILL be better.

Have a great day!

Merilee

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 11:00:06 AM »
Good morning,

We had a beautiful weekend, but I had a rough time of it. I talked a bit about things on FB, but some of you are not on FB. So sorry if this is a repeat. Last week was our week of breakdowns.  ;) On Tues. the phone went out, on Thurs. the net went out. We were able to get the net back on Friday with a service call, but the phone was still out, although we knew the problem. Sunday morning just after 6 the power went off. Since I have eggs in the incubator, that freaked me out a bit.  :o I covered the incubator with a blanket. It was 2 1/2 hours before the power came back on and my thermometer in the bator said 95*. Sure hope that didn't hurt the eggs.

So Saturday morning Kevin finished my rabbit hutch roof while I went to get my new rabbits. I did not go the way I had first planned to do. I was going to go with all New Zealand/California cross rabbits, but they were all only 8 weeks old. The guy I bought them from, a classmate of Kevin's, suggested I get adult does and a young buck. For the same price, he sold me a 1 old proven doe who was just rebred 3 days previously. I also bought a 6 month old doe who he put with his registered buck for me. My little buck is only 6 or 7 weeks old, but I won't breed them any more till fall anyway. So I have 2 does due at the end of the month. Believe me, I will keep a close eye on them and if they show any signs of being too hot, I will put a fan on them or pack them up and bring them in. I really don't want to lose these. I named them Penny, Copper, and Dano. I have not even had time to get a picture of them yet, but I will and will post them in the animal section.  ;D Weird story about my new rabbits.... I put Copper in the first cage on the left, then Penny, then Dano. (Penny and Copper are no relation to Dano.) Everything was fine when we went to bed Saturday night, but when I got up on Sunday morning, Penny and Copper had switched places. I kid you not. It seems they can climb and jump pretty high. They went over the top of their dividing wall. I didn't think they could do that. LOL That problem is now fixed. Sure surprised me when I looked in the hutch yesterday to find they had switched places. I left them where they evidently want to stay. LOL

After getting the rabbits situated, I went to town to get the errands done while Kevin mowed and weedeated. I bought a new cordless phone to try to solve our 'no phone' situation. I came home, put the battery in it and promptly turned around and knocked the phone and base into a bucket of water with my elbow.  >:( Well that was just the last straw in a long line of bad luck. I had a complete meltdown, crying, feeling sorry for myself....the whole bit. Money is so tight right now and here I just ruined over $30.  :( I gave up and took a nap. When  I got up I prayed, then went and planted the cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, and brussels sprouts in the garden After that I road around on the mower with the trailer picking up sticks and stuff from the yard. I came in about dark, and my sweet husband had the phone working. I am so relieved. I believe I scared him a bit when I had the meltdown. He kept saying it isn't the end of the world. LOL So I am back to looking up instead of being so down. I share this with you because you feel like family to me. LOL

Today we spent the morning cleaning up the backside of our 5 acres. No one sees that, so lots of junk gets thrown back there. LOL :-[

Well, need to get with it. Everyone have a great day.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 11:22:12 AM »
Good morning, ladies!

I have exercised and had breakfast and now I am finishing my coffee and planning the day while the boys do their school work.  I ate terribly this weekend!  I had more wheat then my body is used to so my body is not happy at all.  I'll be fine soon though!

Saturday, we drove to Redding.. about a 4 hour drive or so.  We stopped and had a picnic by a stream.  I made sandwiches for the boys and I took a salad for me.  Problem is when you make fresh bread, you HAVE to sample it, that's a rule.. right?  ;)  We got there and visited with my DH's cousin and then on the way home we had fast food and then yesterday we went to a brunch buffet with my in-laws.  That was all I ate all day, LOL.  So stuffed!  But, it was a fun weekend and today is a new day.

Today's list includes... laundry, making beds, walking the pup and cleaning up in the kitchen.  I also need to make some bread (got some sprouted flour from Azure in hopes of making it more digestible for me) and making some almond milk coffee cream.. I need to take pics as I go as they are both for blog posts.  So I guess I will add blogging to my list today.   8)  I sure am pleased with my new blog and really hope that it can be a blessing to many.   :)

Dinner tonight... is Cajun Chicken Cordon Bleu, salad, sauteed veggies and then I will have mashed potatoes for the boys too.  I have some grain free shortcakes in the freezer that I made a couple weeks ago so I think I will cut up some strawberries to go with those for dessert.

Have a great day, everyone!

Winona - glad the phone is ok!  Too funny about the rabbits switching places!
Merilee - I did the C25K program last year.  Its fantastic.  I still enjoy running 2 or 3 days a week.  I would run more but I am prone to hip injury.
Janet - glad branding day went well!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 11:25:51 AM by shedrinkzcoffee »

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 01:37:05 PM »
Afternoon ladies!

It was another early day for us, but I'm still going pretty strong at 3:30PM!  I woke up around 3:15 this morning and just wasn't tired.  I finally fell back asleep around 4, but then the alarm went off at 4:30 ;D.  I got Jean out the door, made coffee, and got to some NSA computer work.  Around 11 I ran out on a quick trip to Walmart for a few grocery items, and of course, had to pick up some Thai food for lunch (seriously ladies...it's a problem...the Pad See Ew lunch special just jumps in my car nearly once a week!).  I came back to more computer work, packing up a framed photo and card to send to my Nana, and playing outside with Grimm.  I might put a load of laundry in, but it's looking kind of dark out, so I might wait until tomorrow so I can hang it outside.  I will swish the bathrooms and sweep the floors this afternoon, though.  Dinner tonight is spaghetti casserole.

Have a wonderful (rest of the) day!
Mandy :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥