Author Topic: Monday, April 27, 2015  (Read 1137 times)

Offline wrancher

Monday, April 27, 2015
« on: April 27, 2015, 06:19:28 AM »
Good Morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Monday, April 27, 2015
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 06:37:29 AM »
Where is everyone? Must have had a busy weekend. On tap for today is normal chores and getting ready for branding on Wednesday night I think. I also have a friend stopping by Saturday to stay over and she will also have 4 horses. ugh. I am gonna clean camper anyways so this way my kids can sleep out there or whoever. I will bring pressure washer up to clean out garage. Always a chore but feels so good when done.  I do have to do some bookwork to clean off desk. I have some stuff for consignment store and my mom will take up Wednesday, yeah Anxious to get it out of my house.  Lane golfed on Friday and Saturday. He got 5th for JV at the confernece. Doing pretty good considering he is starting at ground 0. He wont be a tiger woods but at least he is trying. Allison has a basketball camp up in the city 5 Sundays in a row, Week 2 was yesterday and I drove as I thought I was looking at a house for Megan but decided against it. Got my chicks moved out of tank an in the big barn. Scared to go down there to see how they survived the night. I need to clean out the sawdust out of where they were . I am gonna hook up some automatic waterer things down there. I need to get some things listed on craigslist soon. It is driving me nuts. I am having a problem getting the pcitures on my computer. I need to get off here,I start thinking of all I need to do and feeling overwhelmed. Weeding, staining, etc. Welcome to spring

Coffee time..
Janice

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 06:44:53 AM »
Good morning, Janice and all after,

Whew, what a week last week was!  Hoping for this one to be better.  Still not 100% after being sick.  I went to my dr appointment Thursday, only to wait an hour and 25 minutes and eventually leave (to go to work) without even being seen.  I was really upset.  I have been taking oregano oil capsules hoping they will clear things up...feeling some better.

We got some good rain last night, with more forecast for today.  Possible flooding, in fact, which is a bit weird in the middle of a bad drought.  Sure hope the lakes get some good rises.  The one our water comes from is at 28% capacity right now, which is downright scary.  Others are worse than that.  They are talking of drilling into the aquifers and already exploring cloud seeding.  I am thankful that the rain is allowing our garden to flourish right now, and that we've been able to fill up our rain barrels.

On today's agenda (before I go to work at 4):  washing my sheets and putting them back on, washing towels, some picking up, a little planning, and hopefully, a nap.  Didn't sleep at all well last night.  Micah is staying home not feeling well today, so maybe we'll snuggle and nap.  Need to schedule a vet appointment for our dog and the new kitten.  Dinner tonight is roast chicken in the crockpot, along with mashed potatoes and a veggie.

Have a great day!
Catherine

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 07:25:10 AM »
Good morning!

We had a wet weekend which was very much appreciated.  Even got some snow in the mountains!  Probably not a lot but every wet day means another day we don't have to turn on the outside water.

Alex had his first soccer game on Saturday.  He had a great time and it was fun to watch.

I can't believe it's the end of April already.  Feels like we just started!  Six weeks of school left, which means I need to get busy and finish summer plans.  This summer will be different because Christie is working on getting a job and Jordan will have football practice from 8 am to noon every day.  I decided that mornings will be spent doing housework, etc. then the afternoons will be for fun.

Today is laundry day.  I need to do sheets and towels.  I'm also going to do some cooking/baking.  I'm going to try a little experiment by making a bunch of baked goods and storing them in the freezer until the night before I want to use them for breakfast and see if that helps us eat better breakfasts.  We're going through the cereal too fast and it's not filling up the boys enough.

Also going to work on the to do list as I get free moments.

Have a great day!

Merilee

Offline Rooney

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 11:21:38 AM »
Catherine, I love your new avatar!  Reminds me of the girl at the end of the granola bar commercials.  :) ;)  Tough mama! :)

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 11:45:49 AM »
Good afternoon ladies,
   I started to type morning, then looked at the clock. Hmmm, where did the morning go?  ??? I have done my normal Monday morning chores, but mostly been sitting here on the computer.  :( Time to get up and get with it. We are going to take turns mowing. I think the rain is finally done and our grass looks like a hay field. LOL
   I am going down in a bit and get the other side of the brooder ready for some ducklings.  :D I miss my little ducks, so plan to go to Orschelns tomorrow when they come in and get 3 or 4. I hope to get something other than yellow ducklings which means white ducks, but I have decided to just settle for what I can get. My issue with white ducks is that they attract predators. Anything white, is easy to be seen.  :(
   I also made the decision to go back to work at OCC. I go in Wed. and fill out the paperwork. Since I have been home, I have put some weight on and just struggling to stay healthy. I did much better while working. So I looked for work in St. Joe, but really didn't want the drive. Since Oregon is closer, I decided to just go back there. I know what I am going back into so I will not be expecting everyone to be nice. Just doesn't happen in the real world. So now that I am not wearing rose colored glasses, I think I can handle what they dish out. Wish me luck. Oh, by the way, Kevin decided to take early retirement. We are not swimming in money, but at least we are ok financially for the time being. Thank you all for the prayers for us in the past year. I love you all!
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline Rooney

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 11:49:25 AM »
Good afternoon.

Typical Monday around here, school, laundry, the norm.  Busy weekend, but we didn't go anywhere because we had really bad weather here and several waves of it.  A tornado sat down about 15 miles Southwest of us and was thankfully on an east track and not northeast.  Actually 2 were spotted about the same distance below us.  I don't like weather days like that. 

We got tons done around here though.  Steve got my hanging and shelving system hung in our new big closet.  It is really shaping up.  There is already a lot hanging in there because I washed stuff all weekend long and will continue 4 or so extra loads until all is done, even out of the storage upstairs.  4 empty tubs left here today!  The plan is to order the cheap Container Store shoe boxes that come 30 in a case and put the shoes in them directly above the corresponding sizes and I also need to order the blank clothing dividers.  Even Steve, who really didn't want to do this at first because it was just something else on his never ending list, said that this was great.  He said he could see where it would save on the clothing buying as well as time because now we will be able to see everything we have and know what we need.  We got the front yard mowed and weed-eated before the storms started rolling in.  The weed-eater finally gave up.  The business mower decided to have 2 tires go flat, so hubs has to deal with that this evening.  Oh, and the push mower that we use for the backyard and behind the fences gave up also.  Unfortunately those both have to be replaced.  On the plus side, 2 of my dishwashers are running and the other one will be as soon as he gets extra time.  Can you tell fixing things keeps my husband busy?  We even figured out that nowhere around here repairs Bosch mixers, so he located the part and will fix that as well.  Fixing it instead of buying new will save about $280.

We taught the kids to play checkers on Sunday and I think they have only put the checker board down to sleep. ;)  Didn't expect them to like something so simple so well.  I need to figure out dinner for tonight.  I think I may try to make a pesto sauce using kale instead of spinach and see how that works.  So maybe pasta with pesto tonight.  Also need to see if I can find Gabby some maxi dresses and some leggings and a few tees.  Being the oldest girl, there aren't hand-me-downs for her.  I think I remember Kohls having some, but we will see, because I never find much on sale there for her.  Well, I have rambled enough.  Kids are finished with lunch, so stuff to do.

Lindsay

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2015, 01:05:57 PM »
Good morning!  There's about 5 minutes left of the morning hours so I am going with it, LOL.

Busy day today.. school with the boys, laundry and housework.  Got a late start, unfortunately, but I am catching up.  Going to take a quick coffee break and sit down with my Bible for a little bit while the oldest uses my computer for drivers ed.  How can he be old enough to take drivers ed????   :'(

Trev swims today and I'll do the spin class and maybe the power class if my back feels up to it.

Dinner tonight is chicken curry in the crockpot.