Author Topic: Saturday, January 9th, 2016  (Read 1384 times)

Offline greyhoundgirl

Saturday, January 9th, 2016
« on: January 09, 2016, 06:36:58 AM »
Good morning!

Was awake bright and early and finally just got up, only to discover that we got snow!  Not a lot, probably 1.5 inches or so, so far, just enough to make the ground look pretty.  Earl and I had talked about a breakfast date, but after entering my receipts from yesterday, decided we'd better not spend the money.  He is running to Country Mart for a roll of breakfast sausage and I'm going to attempt GF biscuits and sausage gravy instead.

The girls have to decorate for AHG at 10, and Mallory is supposed to meet with her mentor this weekend sometime to do some planning for a mother/daughter tea coming up in March.  The three older Explorers (6th graders), are putting this on as part of earning their level award.  They each have their area to concentrate on, and Mallory chose refreshments.  She takes it so seriously and even wants to plan GF treats for me and any other moms who eat that way.  Her mentor owns a Chick Fil A restaurant in our town and has experience in catering, which is why she was assigned to Mallory, to give her some help in deciding on quantities.

Other than those two things, we plan to work at home this weekend.  Earl is going as an adult chaperone on a youth group trip next weekend.  We are wanting to do some more decluttering and planning today.

Dinner tonight is beef fajitas with homemade guacamole.

Catherine

Offline Cathie

Re: Saturday, January 9th, 2016
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 08:30:03 AM »
Cath ~ that is so awesome - snow!  You must be thrilled!!  How cool about Mallory - she is going to be such an amazing young lady.  Your dinner sounds awesome!!

I have some laundry and cleaning to do today.  I am un-Christmas my house and doing some decluttering as I go.  I also need to print out some papers to do a new budget binder.  I love having it all in one place but want to keep better track of numbers this year so I need to get on that so I don't get behind!

We are having friends over tonight - I have decided that I am going to entertain more this year even on our regular food budget.  I love having people over and need to make a point of doing more.

Tonight I am making Chicken paella, tortilla chips and salsa and Galette de Rois for dessert.

Enjoy your day everyone!

Offline Linda G.

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 11:16:56 AM »
Good afternoon... very quite here.. Clover, the cats and Nick are all asleep...but i have at least gotten use to Nick working nights just still not use to having to be quite.lol.   

Have some Christmas things i need to put up, it maybe summer before i can get the lights off the house and the inflatables put away..the inflatables are frozen solid to the ground...  and i have some Valentines Day things i need to get put on the windows...
Other than that i have laundry, always do.. and some cooking to do. i will say that in my head as i do those things i am planning my garden and  planning out my chicken coop area...

Have a great day.

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 12:00:54 PM »
Good morning ladies or guess afternoon for you three at least lol

Catherine and Sis, happy that you got a bit of snow since I know you don't get it very often. I on the other hand am glad you got it today and not me  :P

Cathie are you going through your christmas things as you put them away, that's what I did. Also whatever I hadn't put out that was still on my shelves I went through those as well. Figured if I don't want them out anymore why keep them.

All I've done today is a few dishes. Being lazy today I think although will try to get at a bit of decluttering. I'm all by myself for a week. Alana flew out yesterday for a conference for work so Zachary and Roxy go up to Alana's to look after and keep her cat company. Sure is different when they are here.

It's cold here but the sun is out so at least it makes it look warm but I don't plan on going out anyway hahaha

Hope you all have a great day and enjoy your weekend  :)
Laurie
Many hands make light work

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2016, 12:42:09 PM »
It turned out hubs didn't do the last two beds yesterday. He started to do something else and never got around to it. So I did one load last night and the other load this morning.

I made three loaves of bread, did grocery shopping last night and finished a few odds and ends this morning. Cleaned sinks again in the kitchen and bathroom, made lunch for us and our niece who is hanging out with us today. Tonight will go pick up our college kids and treat my 3 kids, niece, and hubby to a movie. We didn't do any Christmas presents this year so we told them that a few nights out in January would be a very nice alternate to gifts and they all loved that idea.

It is going to get nasty outside tonight, tomorrow and a good part of the next week so we're getting in a lot of preparation in case of bad weather.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2016, 01:11:59 PM »
Happy Saturday!

Its raining here... again. I know we need it so I won't complain but I am grateful that the sun came out yesterday and the forecast for next weekend, when we move, says sunny and clear.  I pray that the forecast stays the same or gets even better!  Warmer would be delightful!

The hubs and I went to breakfast together this morning and then he ran to work for a few hours and is getting the oil changed in my car for me.  I'm home, showered and thinking about what I should do next.  I am leaning towards packing up most of the master bathroom.  I also need to pack the glasses in the kitchen.  The dishwasher here went all wonky so we are not using it any more while here.. its paper plates and plastic cups until we move.  The few dishes we have are done by hand.

Dinner tonight is chicken with a creamy dill sauce (its a mushrom dill sauce usually but I have no mushrooms and I'm trying not to go to the store for little things so, I improvise  ;) , rice and broccoli.

Offline Rooney

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2016, 02:53:51 PM »
Rainy day here today and we have snow moving in tonight.  Trying to figure out dinner.  I am defrosting some chicken right now and just don't know what exactly I will do with it yet.  Hubby had some stuff to do for work this morning so will be home soon.  They may have to cut a little more wood if it stops raining so we make it through whatever snow is coming.  Kids are playing quietly. School planning for next week, nothing exciting.  May see if I can get in some workout time this evening.  Easier for me to keep going if I don't skip a day with it.  Will probably have some kinds of errands to run tomorrow, but maybe not because Hubby is stopping by the grocery while he is out.  Hoping we don't get any ice with this weather.  It gets super bad out on these backroads when it does.

Erica, you be careful packing and don't lift too much, ya hear missy. ;)  How did your first day back at the gym go?

Alice, sounds like a fun night out with your family.  Hope you enjoy!  Let us know what movie end up seeing. :)

Lindsay

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2016, 12:24:41 PM »
Sometimes things just don't turn out as planned. The movie was sold out at the time we wanted to go and a later time wouldn't work due to our niece then having to drive much later in the evening and we didn't want that burden especially with snow on the way. Her safety was much more important than a movie.

We went to see a movie at a closer movie theatre and still took our kids since they didn't have to drive anywhere as we had already picked them up. We saw "The Revenant" and I think being based on a true story I just don't like a lot of violence. It was family time so I'll take it.

Making more bread today since we at an entire loaf yesterday with my niece and having the kids home for a quick supper last night. I don't bake during the week and we need bread for one to two weeks at a time so I decided another batch would be made today.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats