Author Topic: Friday, Jan. 6, 2017  (Read 1217 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Friday, Jan. 6, 2017
« on: January 06, 2017, 08:02:49 AM »
Hello Dear Ladies!

Hope everyone is off to a great start.  I have most of my to do list from yesterday still to work on.  I got distracted by a gift project that I needed to finish up.  So, most of my other duties were put on the back burner.  I will get those done today.

My first thing is to unload the dishwasher and re load it.  Can't stand walking through the kitchen with a sink full of dishes!

Son is going to do his laundry today since he is headed back to school tomorrow.  We probably go through the pantries and see if there is anything he wants to take with him.  I game him an Aldi gift card so he can get a few things when he gets back as well.

Not too much else happening in my world.  Just trying to stay warm.  5 below real feel right now.  Every day is another day closer to Spring!!!

Hope you all have a great day!  Pop in and let us know what you are up to if you can!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Friday, Jan. 6, 2017
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 08:44:06 AM »
Good morning!  It's a very cold morning--only 7 degrees outside at 8:30 in the morning.  High is supposed to be 14.  I heard the town where I grew up-- about 1.5 hours north of here--cancelled school because of cold temperatures. 

I piddled around yesterday but I still got a few things done so that's good!  I'll just carry over my list from yesterday and keep working on it.  The only things to add to it are:  clean the bathrooms, order snow boots for Alex, buy a birthday present for a birthday party tomorrow.

I made some great progress on the office.  Got things sorted and put away.  Now I've got some big piles of papers to go through.  They're all mixed up--papers to file, papers to shred or recycle, things that I'd like to eventually scrapbook.  Ugh.  I really need to set up a better system for handling paper--from dealing with it as it comes in to making it more easy to file.  I also need to get moving on scrapbooking.  The kids ain't getting any younger and the paper ain't gonna stop coming in. :)

I think I'll do some cooking and baking today to help warm up the house.  I need to make bread, and I think I'll make a pot of soup to have on hand. 

Dinner tonight is chicken pot pie and salad.

Have a great weekend!

Merilee

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 09:44:05 AM »
Merilee:  You are right about the kids and papers! 

Maybe I will make a pizza later for son and my's dinner.  Have been trying to figure out what is for dinner, and that would be a good option as it would involve using the oven, but not making something I shouldn't have like cookies or other baked goods! 

Will have to think on a crust.  Will probably just do it in the bread maker.  I have dough, but it's in the freezer, and I'm sure wouldn't thaw in time for dinner at this point.

This cold snap seems to be hitting many these days!  Keep cozy ladies!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 11:38:52 AM »
We did a deep dish pizza (actually two of them) last week and it was much easier to put together than a regular pizza and much more filling than a stand alone pizza. Everyone just loved them.  Last night I did the oven dinner to get the warmth throughout the house. And it smelled so good hours later! I think it will be those leftovers for dinner tonight.

I don't have a lot to accomplish this weekend except try to help my dad figure out why his Skype shows him offline when he is online and he does have internet. It is a new computer since the lid on his old one blacks out when it is fully open but not when it's half open. There is a short in the wiring somewhere so he bought a new one. I'm not techy so I don't know what to look for. His contacts didn't come over either which it should have since it's not stored on the computer itself (it's stored by username). He's frustrated and I want him to be able to Skype people again.

It might still be a cold and wintry weekend and I will only get a few groceries and hopefully that will be all. Ready to stay in and do very little.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 02:15:28 PM »
Hello everyone!

I have been trying to stay busy in my house.  My word for the year is mindful, and I am determined to be more mindful of my time.  Yesterday I deep cleaned my kitchen, and even though I purged my cabinets and drawers recently, I will be going through them again and getting rid of even more.  Today I have cleaned my living room thoroughly except for washing the walls.  I'm taking a break right now. ;)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 07:38:53 PM »
We did a deep dish pizza (actually two of them) last week and it was much easier to put together than a regular pizza and much more filling than a stand alone pizza. Everyone just loved them.  Last night I did the oven dinner to get the warmth throughout the house. And it smelled so good hours later! I think it will be those leftovers for dinner tonight.

Alice, do you have a recipe for your deep dish pizza? My boys could eat pizza every day!

Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 07:08:11 AM »
I don't have a recipe. I just make the pizza crust and divide it into two 9 x 13 pans pushing the dough as far up the sides that it can go without falling down. Then I just put in my pizza toppings and bake until the the cheeses look melted and I lift the bottom crust to see if it is browned. Cut into squares and eat. It is more filling than a regular pizza but we love it.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2017, 08:57:13 PM »
Thank you, Alice. I'll give it a try!

Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!