Author Topic: Friday, June 2, 2017  (Read 1702 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Friday, June 2, 2017
« on: June 02, 2017, 07:00:53 AM »
Good Morning!
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Friday, June 2, 2017
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 07:05:59 AM »
Hi Ladies!
Are any of you out there today???

I have a fun but busy day ahead.  Need to clean and prep college son's room as he is going to spend the night tonight.  Just want to make sure it isn't too dusty, and will do up the bedding for him.

Tonight we are going to the minor league baseball game.  We will have all 3 boys and 2 of the 3 girlfriends.  One has to work until 6, and her internship is about 2 1/2 hours away, so she won't make it.  It will be a fun night.

Son and fiancee' has more wedding planning appointments this morning.  Not sure how long that will take them.  We will work on other planning when they get back.

Not sure what else I can get done today, but I will make an effort!
Hope all is well with any of you who stop in.  Hope to hear what you are up to!!
Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 08:14:54 AM »
Hi, Pam!  I am here.  I read but don't always post.

I got up early, put a load of laundry in, and then hung it all on the clothesline.  I probably should've just put it in the dryer because the sky sure looks like it could rain.  Oh well, guess we'll see.

My husband is off work today, so after I hung out the laundry we walked out to look at the garden.  It's not looking as good as I had hoped.  We have had a lot of rain lately, and it's been too much for some of the plants.  We don't use pesticides on our vegetables, so there were a few hornworms to pick off the tomatoes and peppers.  We fed those to the chickens. 

I have been working on my menu for June, and I think it's finished.  It's not very inspiring, but I will post it soon.  That's about it for me.  I need to get a couple of items at the grocery store, so I guess I'll get that done.  After that I guess it's back to the garden.

Hope you all have a good weekend! 
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 09:45:22 AM »
Good to see you Cheryl!

Hope your laundry gets dry before any rain comes your way!  Looking forward to seeing your menu.  I am back to meal planning week to week.  Always looking for some inspiration!  I miss planning monthly, but it just doesn't really work for our lifestyle these days.  Maybe if you post yours, I will post my weekly menus. 

Good luck with your garden!! 

Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 02:56:02 PM »
Hello!

I'm here too but kind of late. I took the day off the do all the things that I should have done but couldn't due to mom falling. We're still having dad's bday party tomorrow and I needed to make a huge batch of potato salad. Mom is making hers too! She can sit at the table and do all the peeling and chopping but dad just has to cook the stuff and drain the potatoes. She can still mix it all together. I'm adding a crock of baked beans to the mix because I want to make sure we have enough food for 30-40 people.

I got my one load of laundry done and cleaned up all the dirty dishes that I made dirty cooking up a storm. Got groceries and blew my budget. I need pork and beef but only pork was on sale so that is what I got.

For our dinner, I made BBQ pork ribs and homemade biscuits. I also made copycat sweet baby rays bbq sauce. It is so good.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 10:56:32 AM »
Hope your party was a big hit Alice, and that everything went well!!

Would love to try your recipe for the bbq sauce.

Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline Alice

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2017, 11:29:58 AM »
The party went well. We got mom outside for two house and she did well. She was tired after that. It was very busy for me but that's ok. The bbq sauce was from Noreen's Kitchen youtube or maybe her website. She has some nice recipes and makes excellent youtube video.
Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Alice

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2017, 02:20:35 PM »
That silly auto correct on my phone. We got mom outside for two hours!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats