Author Topic: Thursday, September 18, 2014  (Read 1049 times)

Offline wrancher

Thursday, September 18, 2014
« on: September 18, 2014, 06:01:22 AM »
Good morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Thursday, September 18, 2014
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 06:07:12 AM »
We had some light rain last night. Not sure how much, not too much but enough to slow things up on haying. Will need it to dry out to bale and to start cutting more.  I need to make some phone calls 1st thing then I have a gal coming to test nitrates on Sudan grass at 8:30. I have housework and bookwork to take care of,

Coffee time
Janice

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 06:36:14 AM »
The light rain I thought we had was obviously not much. The step is dry. Ha

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 06:51:49 AM »
Good morning, Janice & everyone to follow.

I'm hoping for a more productive day than I had yesterday.  I had good intentions, but my oldest daughter and 2 grandchildren dropped in for a visit and of course all my plans went out the window!  It's all good though.  I'd much rather sit and visit with them than do housework!

I picked the last of my peppers yesterday, so I'll get them chopped and frozen sometime today.  I need to pick scuppernongs and make juice from them.  The problem is, I like to eat them as fast as I pick them, so it takes a little time to fill my bucket! :D

Have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline wrancher

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 07:27:40 AM »
Cheryl I had to google scuppernongs as I had never heard of them. Sounds yummy. You should make some wine. HA
I would also much rather sit and visit also! If you dont have time for family who do you have time for. I always call myself good intentions Janice. If I did everything I was thinking man it would be awesome! Ha Enjoy your day!

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 08:16:43 AM »
Good morning!

Just had some eggs and am getting ready to have coffee.  Feels like I'm moving slow this morning but I did weed the green beans and water the animals, pack lunches, and get everyone to school.  Max's sheets are in the wash, dishwasher is unloaded, and I plan to mow the grass in a few minutes before it warms up too much.  We have rain expected for much of Saturday and Sunday, and it is desperately needed, but the once-a-week rain the past couple of weeks has allowed some grass (especially the weeds) to grow again.  And Earl has class on Monday, so I'm thinking to get it out of the way before the weekend.

Other than that, I hope to finally get to the apple butter today.  Didn't get it done the other day.  If nothing else, I may put it in the crockpot and then can it tomorrow to split it up a bit.  We'll see.  I have a chiro appointment at 2:15 so need to work around that. 

Well, better get to it.

Have a great day, everyone!
Catherine

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 09:50:12 AM »
Good morning ladies,
   I am just piddling today. I was so beat last night, that once my head hit the pillow, I did not know a thing till morning. LOL It is good to sleep that sound. I feel refreshed today. I plan to do some sewing in a bit.
   Kevin has gone to put in more apps. I took the trash out and played with Bud. He misses me. Now he is laying out on the deck waiting on Kevin to get home. He and our cats are like our children. Not sure what we would do without them. They keep us young.  ;D
   I hope you all have a wonderful day.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 10:13:03 AM »
Good morning!

Today is catch up day.  So I'll be doing this and that around the house and yard.  I made up a list of home maintenance jobs that need to be done, and another list of projects I want to get done by the end of September.  Some of them are pretty simple so I'll work on them too.

I'm hoping to get lots done today and tomorrow so on Saturday we can drive up to my parents'.  They have been directors for a camp for young women for our church and say the leaves in the canyon where their camp is are wonderful so I want to go see them.  Then visit with them for awhile.

Hope you all have a good day!
Merilee