Author Topic: Tues. Nov. 11th  (Read 998 times)

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
Tues. Nov. 11th
« on: November 11, 2014, 08:26:52 AM »
Good morning,
   What a difference a day means. It is 25* here, fierce winds and a dusting of snow on the ground.  :o I am so glad to be in our little cabin all snug as a bug. We have made some great improvements on it in the past month. Kevin said last night, that if I had not moved to Oregon for 10 days, he doubted that we would ever have made these changes.  ;D Made me feel better about that decision.  ;)
   We got everything winterized yesterday. I unloaded and Kevin took out the metal cabinet I was using for a pantry. I never could find anything in it and hated it. You cannot believe how much outdated stuff I tossed yesterday. I mean like 3 years outdated.  :-[ We have some cabinets on order for our pantry that should work much better. At the moment all my baking supplies and canned goods are in crates that I bought at Menards. LOL Not ideal, but temporary.  :)
   I go to work at 3 today. Kevin reminded me that I need to get a bag packed to carry in the car in case I have to stay out some time. I can stay at the home, with Ron, my brother, with Kerry, or with Carolyn, so I have choices.  ;) Will the regular stick roll-on Secret deodorant be ok after freezing? I figure I will pack a large t-shirt to sleep in, an extra brush, extra undies, deodorant, and a change of work clothes. Hmmm, need to buy another toothbrush and maybe just carry a small tube of toothpaste in my purse. LOL I guess you could almost call my bag a bugout bag. LOL
   You all have a great day and stay warm.
Blessings,
Winona

Wanted to add happy Veterans' Day to those who served!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 08:27:49 AM by MoWin »
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline Linda

Re: Tues. Nov. 11th
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 09:23:59 AM »
Good Morning... and a very  Good Morning to you Ms. Winona, nice to see you my precious Friend..
The weather most definately got cold here in Kansas... i was ready but not quite as ready as i thought, that wind just blows right to the bones... my friend and i decided we would go pick up the stuff that was going off sale at the local dillons store last night and wow thought we might find that our groceries were a few states away by the time we got them loaded.
  A quick catch up of our lives.... Gary is still working shift work at the refinery and lots of overtime as they are adding on and going to start turn around in March... Nick graduated in May... worked at the plant nursery here in town till it closed down for the season and will now start working at Walmart on Wednesday... hard to believe he is 19... and I worked like a crazy woman in the garden all summer, the garden did wonderful.. we are adding to it next spring along with adding some chickens..
 Have a great day,Linda

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 09:43:23 AM »
Good morning Winona, Linda, and all to follow.

It's absolutely beautiful down here today with blue skies and highs projected to be near 70°, but that's all supposed to change by the weekend.  Much colder temps and rain will be moving in.  I guess there's no avoiding winter. ;)

I'll be outside as much as possible picking up pecans.  The blackbirds were having a feast this morning sitting high up in the treetops eating my pecans and knocking them to the ground faster than I could pick them up.  We'll keep plenty for us to use throughout the year and sell the rest.

I need to go check Emily's math, so I'll see you all later.  Have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 10:11:29 AM »
Good morning!

I've gotten the hubs out the door, showered and made some bacon.  Going to have some of that and an egg before drying my hair.

Today's list;
- school with the boys
- pick up CSA
- grocery store for a few items
- swimming for Trev
- gym for me
- Scouts for the boys this evening

Not sure what dinner is tonight.  I want to talk to the hubs and see what he wants.  He's at the dentist so I will call him soon.

Stay warm everyone and safe!  Its cooling off here but not like you all are having. 

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 10:41:05 AM »
Morning ladies  :)

A bug out bag is right Winona  ;D  ;D I'm sure the deodarent should be fine, better than having nothing at all I'm sure.

It snowed here Sunday night, all day yesterday and still coming down today and it's COLD!!!!!!! Think my winter is here for sure. I've had a 4 day weekend..... schools all had a professional day yesterday and today is our Remembrance Day holiday so not back to work till tomorrow. I love having the days off but sure hurts the pocket book  :(

Hope you are all staying toasty warm and enjoy your day!
Laurie
Many hands make light work