Author Topic: Friday, January 20, 2017  (Read 769 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Friday, January 20, 2017
« on: January 20, 2017, 08:03:45 AM »
Good Morning!
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Friday, January 20, 2017
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 08:12:54 AM »
Hello Ladies!

Hope to see lots and lots of you stopping by to say hello.  :)

I have another pretty quiet day on tap.  I am heading out in a little while to meet up with a friend for lunch.  She works at a local hotel, and I am tapping her brain for wedding ideas.

I am going to stop at Aldi to pick up milk and a couple of other things.  Mainly produce.  Should be a quick one bag stop!  I have kind of blown my grocery budget. (think I have less than $10 left of what I wanted to stay at). But hopefully I can just get the fresh stuff I need, and leave the rest of the bargains for someone else to get!  ;)
I will stop there on my way home from lunch.

We are meeting downtown, and we have a skywalk that spans almost a mile long, so I am planning on doing a quick walk after I meet up with her.  I will be right there, so I shouldn't pass up the opportunity.  I need to ramp up the exercise, because just watching what I am eating is not getting me back to my weight goal.  So close, but yet so so far!

Hope everyone has a great day.  Would love to hear what you are all up to!
Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 09:44:18 AM »
Good morning!

My back is feeling normal today--yay!

I don't have a real plan for today--just going to wander the house and do what I see needs to be done.  I'll be taking frequent breaks (work 15 min, rest for 5) to be sure I don't overdo it and hurt my back again.  I really do need to start exercising to strengthen my back and stomach muscles.

Have a great day and weekend!

Merilee

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 12:02:54 PM »
Just a normal day of work today. Glad I took yesterday afternoon off when it was nice because today is rainy and glum.

I will have a quiet night until hubby gets home and then we'll go to bed at our normal time since he has to work the full day tomorrow. I'm going to bake some bread tomorrow. I have not used my sourdough starter in a very long time and I was afraid I killed it. I fed it once yesterday and it didn't really do much but this morning I fed it again and hubby has been watching it. He said it is nice and bubbly so it is alive. I'll try to get some bread made and maybe some cinnamon rolls for him.

I may still run a little looking for that odd sized rug. 33" wide is not so set in stone so I could get one wider but the length of 88" is pretty set. I could do 84" but I don't want to pay hundreds of dollars either.

Leftovers tonight but who knows for tomorrow. Maybe burgers on the grill!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 12:35:23 PM »
Be careful with that back Merilee!  Take it easy!

Alice: It sure is gloomy, isn't it?   :P  Hope your bread turns out good for you.  Sounds yummy.
Do you shop on line for rugs much?  Wayfair.com usually has some nice things.  Not sure on price though.

I had a nice lunch with my friend.  I ended up being a little late. I pulled into the parking ramp that I always park at, and it was full.  I have never had that before.  So I checked 3 other ramps close by, and they too were full.  I ended up having to park on the street probably about 4 1/2 blocks away.  Not that big of a deal, because I wanted to get a walk in anyway, but when I was already just right on time, it pushed me a little late. (one of my biggest causes of anxiety for some reason). 

Anyway.  Nice afternoon.  Stopped at Aldi and got produce, yogurt, milk & eggs.  I ended up spending about $27.  So, that puts me about $16 over budget.  I am going to try to stay out of the stores as much as possible until the first of the month.  We will see how that goes!   ::) 

Hope everyone is having a good day.
Pam
Wife of 32 years