Author Topic: Tuesday, January 17, 2017  (Read 995 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Tuesday, January 17, 2017
« on: January 17, 2017, 07:32:44 AM »
Rain, rain, and more rain today! My road is flooded and I had to go a different way to work this morning because my road was terribly deep and the catch basin couldn't keep up with draining!

I had a lovely talk with my mom and dad last night. They are in good spirits. Much to be thankful for. Mom has two doctor appointments today so that will wear her out. She's on a special diet and I hope they can hold to that.

I just have a nice slow January day of work. Nice and calm to get a few things done. Hubby feels so much better after being treated for strep throat and yesterday he did a deep cleaning of the house including all the cupboard knobs, vacuumed all the vents and all the floors including mopping! Shucks! I wanted to do that! Ha, Ha!

I made waffles with blueberry sauce for supper for me and an elbow macaroni dish for hubby. Nice and easy.

Went to bed at 8 pm to try to sleep off the coughing (it is becoming less and less). But I woke up at 2 am with a tummy ache. It passed quickly but then the cat decided to take over my warm spot and she didn't like it that I moved her over. She put her claws out to hang on to her spot! Nothing like competing with a cat for the best spot in bed!

Leftovers are on the agenda for dinner tonight. I've got a small list of groceries going but that will be taken care of on the weekend. I don't like doing stuff like that on weekdays.

That's it for me today!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Tuesday, January 17, 2017
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 08:09:29 AM »
Good Morning Alice and any who follow.

Isn't the weather just yuck?  Rain is all good, but it froze overnight.  Lot's of school cancellations and delays. 

Hubs and I went to Mass this morning and then met with our Priest afterwards.  We just needed to sort things out for the wedding and make sure we knew what we needed to do in preparation.  We also wanted to get our Priest scheduled to perform the wedding.  When you request to have the wedding at the church, the Priest, the deacon and the Vicar all sit down and sort through the applications and divvy them all up so to speak.  We wanted to make sure that the Priest would be willing to do theirs.  He put it on his calendar and agreed to perform it, so we are glad about that. 

Alice: so glad your parents seem to be doing well.  That must be such a relief for you.

The rest of my day is pretty open.  Not a lot of responsibilities really.  Nothing scheduled anyway.  I did get all the laundry done yesterday.  Even the last load out of the dryer! (kind of a win for me since I usually forget about that last dryer load!)

I am going to get dinner going in the crockpot.  Beef Barley Soup.  Thinking about making some kind of bread or maybe cornbread or something to go with it. 

So, it looks like I have one of those days that will keep me busy with things I can find as I walk through the house.  One of those days where I don't have much of a plan, but I know things will come up that I notice need to be done, or remember that need to be done. 

Hope everyone has a great day!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 08:33:38 AM »
Good morning!

It's a cold day!  Sunny but cold!

Today's essentially a do-over of yesterday.  I just didn't have much motivation to do anything.  So I just enjoyed my children while they were home.  Poor Christie was sick with a fever and cough.

So I need to do laundry and pick up the house.  Clean out the van and do financial stuff.  Shop in the freezer and make a few things (bread and ricotta cheese).  Gather up the boxes and either break them down for recycling or put them somewhere in the garage to hold donations.  Work on the office.  Change the filter on my vacuum and wash the dirty one.  Lots of little things like that.

We had tacos for dinner last night so tonight will be the stuffed shells, green salad and garlic bread. 

I don't know if Christie is going to work this afternoon or not.  Jordan and I are going to see Rogue One.  Alex has Cub Scout den meeting.

Merilee

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 09:56:56 AM »
Good morning!

I read now and then but haven't stopped in to post in a bit.  Giving myself some computer time for a few minutes this morning.  I've got three kiddos home "sick" today--two truly sick and one with bad cramps.  It's a beautiful sunny day, as was yesterday, after a weekend of cold cold rain.  We were fortunate that it was not the predicted ice as we stayed just warm enough while it was raining.  This week is supposed to get back into the 60's!  It's been an odd winter.  A week ago this past Saturday, we set a record low of -5 degrees, then hit 83 degrees the following Wednesday, followed by low 30's and rain.  Anyway, yesterday afternoon, I spent some time cutting/pulling the remaining dead plants from the garden beds to compost.  Need to get sugar snaps started very soon so it will be good to have the beds ready to go.

Today so far I've begun laundry, unloaded the dishwasher, and run a soil sample to the extension office.  Two kids to school.  Getting ready to sweep most of the house followed by steam mopping the kitchen and my bathroom.  Hoping to get some meal planning done for the next couple of weeks, some additional garden planning, and maybe some more seeds started.

Dinner tonight is beef tips and mushrooms with gravy over mashed potatoes, served with yellow squash.

Have a great day!  It's good to hear what's going on in your lives. 

Pam, which son is getting married?  I take it it's this year?  Congrats to all of you!

Catherine

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 10:37:36 AM »
Good to see you Catherine!  How is the hiking going?  Are you still getting out frequently?
Sounds like your weather has been crazy.  *climate change must be real!

My oldest son is getting married.  Date is Sept. 23.  thanks for asking. 

Hope you have a chance to pop in now & then!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 11:20:27 AM »
Good afternoon!

I was all set to post earlier this morning, but got busy and time flew by.  I have a few minutes to myself now that Emily's taking a math test.

Our weather is crazy too.  It's supposed to be in the low 70s today, then tomorrow will be close to the same with a little rain added to the mix.   I'll take it.  I do not like cold weather at all, so you won't see me complaining!

On the housekeeping front for today- I have loaded the dishwasher, pulled out meat from the freezer for supper (we were supposed to have potato soup but it's too warm, so hamburgers it is ;) ), washed and hung out one load of laundry, and  cleaned the kitchen.  That's it so far.  I have been working on purging the house, then when I think I'm through, going back and finding more I can live without.  I guess I'm weird because I like getting rid of stuff, especially if it's just sitting here in the way collecting dust.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2017, 12:40:32 PM »
Good to see you Catherine!  How is the hiking going?  Are you still getting out frequently?
Sounds like your weather has been crazy.  *climate change must be real!

My oldest son is getting married.  Date is Sept. 23.  thanks for asking. 

Hope you have a chance to pop in now & then!
Pam

Still hiking as much as I can.  Went last Monday and the Monday and Friday before (the Friday hike was in wet snow and "warmed up" to 17 by the time we finished).  My hiking buddy was sick yesterday.  :(  My usual Wednesday ladies' group hike is on hold for me right now.  I'm taking the Master Gardener course through the extension service which is on Wednesdays.  Three Wednesdays this month and three in February.   It's interesting and I've learned a lot, particularly about trees, but sure do miss my Wednesday hikes.

It will an exciting year for you all with the wedding to look forward to!