Author Topic: Friday, December 12  (Read 946 times)

Offline Cheryl

Friday, December 12
« on: December 12, 2014, 06:32:43 AM »
Good morning!

Can you believe it's only 2 weeks until Christmas? :o  Seems like time flew by this year.

Today I need to wrap those presents I've been meaning to wrap for days!  I get busy doing something else and keep forgetting to do the wrapping.

Other than gift wrapping, I have the usual household chores - laundry (never ends), sweeping, dusting, mopping, bathroom cleaning, and the ongoing decluttering.  Tonight's supper is easy - pizza and a salad.

Hope you all have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline sbdriver

Re: Friday, December 12
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 06:39:49 AM »
Good morning  :)

It's been warm here the last couple of days.... well warm for us lol  ;) After today I only have 5 days to work next week then we're off for the christmas break for 2 weeks.

I pretty much have my shopping done but nothing wrapped either. Have to make myself get at it pretty soon here. I'd like to have that done before I start my baking. I don't even have my tree up yet  :-\

A trip to the grocery store today to pick up some sale items and that's about it besides work.

Hope you all have a great day!
Laurie
Many hands make light work

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 07:37:45 AM »
Good morning

Today is Allisons 12th bday.  So cleaning house that didnt get done yesterday and pick up kids for sleepover 1:30.  I also need to bake the cake. I want to start baking goodies and stuff around here also.I need to find time to go over each kids list as some have more than than the others. I either need to order more or go shopping. I kinda have a handle on Christmas this year as cards are out kinda(I think I have missed a few and cant find master list so as I think of people) , decorations done (kinda not much more I can do to make Ross hang Christms lights outside. I have them all hung over railing maybe he just wont do it)ugh

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 08:23:40 AM »
Good morning!

Sitting down with some caramel apple herbal tea.  Feels good to chill for a few minutes!  Mal had violin this morning but Morgan woke up sick with the tummy thing the other kids and Earl had last week.  I was supposed to have some labs drawn.  So Earl went in late, I took Mal and also Maddy who was running late, then went for labwork.  Then I ran home to be with Morgan while Earl dropped the other kids off at their schools and went on in to work.  Got some laundry going and the dishwasher unloaded and decided on a little break. 

Another super foggy morning here this morning.  This reminds me so much of when we lived in central CA and had all the canals.  Seemed like we had such intense fog there.  Not sure so much why we get it here and why this time of year.  We have a good chance for rain on Sunday, sure hoping that pans out. 

This afternoon/evening I'm cooking for Family Promise.  This is the thing I may have mentioned before, where homeless families sleep at churches, rotating each week through 12-13 churches who participate.  The SS classrooms are set up with beds for each family.  They are required to have or be looking for a job and agree to have a certain percentage of that income saved by the social workers who run the program so that they have deposit money to get a place before long.  They have counselors to help them hopefully not get back in the situation.  Most shelters only take men OR women and children; this program allows them to stay together.  Anyway, church members provide a hot dinner to them each night and tonight is my night.  Keeping it super simple this time:  spaghetti with meat sauce, garlic bread, and green beans.  My family will eat the same.  I have to drop this off by 5:30 and have Max to his school to get ready for his Christmas program by 5:45 so it will be a busy evening.

Otherwise on the agenda, I REALLY hope to finally get around to reshelving all our books today.  Still haven't done it.  Sweeping, cleaning bathrooms, the usual.  We hope to put our tree up tonight or tomorrow.  It's really late thanks to the floor but needs to go up so that it feels like Christmas around here.

Janice, Happy Birthday to Allison!
Laurie, bet you enjoy those breaks!  You deserve them after having to be up so early so much of the time.

Catherine

Offline Rooney

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 11:33:41 AM »
Hi girls!!

It is Friday.  Pleasant surprise.  I say that because this week I actually lost track of what day it was! :o    How does that happen? :o  I asked Steve last night if he would be able to get over to Home Depot to get the stuff to finish up on the bathroom this weekend on Wednesday like he had planned.  He said that would be hard since today was already Thursday and laughed.  Well, I was SURE he had lost his mind, so had to check for myself.  Yikes!  Where did the week go?! :o    I guess when you do pretty much the same routine each day, and since we had no appointments this week, it can happen.  I have been busy all week getting as much school accomplished with the kids as possible, keeping up with daily stuff and getting ready for Christmas too.  Anyway enough on my memory lapse.  Please tell me someone else here has done this too? ???

So today is our main cleaning day of the week.  Got the refrigerators and freezers cleaned out day before yesterday and our bathroom cleaned last night, so those are done already.  One bathroom left, because the other one is under construction and cleaning it other than real quick wipe down would be pointless.  Will get all unfolded clothes in the drawers and put away.  Have been ironing all week so will get all of that hung up.  Need to bake 6 loaves of bread either tonight or in the morning.  Also need to cook up some meat for this weekend's meals.  Oh, and sweeping floors.....endless sweeping.

I ordered the bathroom accessories for the one that is being redone yesterday.  I found a cute owl themed set for it.  Colors will go well in a boys bathroom.  Hope it comes in next week so we can be done with that.  Has anyone else noticed that when they order something this Christmas season, that it is taking longer to ship?  I was wondering if it was just the places I have ordered from or if so many people are shopping online that the trucks are running behind?

Catherine, I hope that Morgan starts feeling better.

Janice, Happy Birthday to Allison! ;D

Cheryl, I haven't wrapped anything either.  I want to get it over with too.

Laurie, enjoy your break.

Gotta get going again.
Have a great afternoon.

Lindsay 

Offline Linda

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2014, 12:03:49 PM »
Hi Ladies, its been a busy week here... still trying to get use to Nick's night shift. I think i cook 6 meals a days at this point especially since Gary works swing shifts... but we make it work...
 Got some shopping done... we are having a very simple Christmas this year so there is not much gift buying involved and it has been awesome.
Hope you night and weekend is wonderful... stay safe and warm...
Linda