Author Topic: Friday, December 18  (Read 1233 times)

Offline Cheryl

Friday, December 18
« on: December 18, 2015, 05:26:12 AM »
Good morning.  Only a week until Christmas!  Time is flying by.  Soon it'll be time for gardening, my favorite time of the year.

Today I need to finish wrapping a few gifts for the kids.  My granddaughter has a birthday in 3 days and I need to find some way to wrap her doll house. Those are all the plans I have so far.  I still need to do a little housework and I'd like to start working on my list of things I'd like to accomplish in the upcoming year.

Supper tonight will be homemade pizza so I need to make the dough for it.  Oh, and I need to make sauce too. 

Have a good day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Friday, December 18
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 06:21:04 AM »
Good morning!

Today will be lots of Christmas prep!  I still have some gifts to buy.  I decided to try something this year.  Each child will get $10 to spend on each person in our family--so, $50 total.  I will take them out in turns to do their shopping. 

Tomorrow is my family's Christmas party so we need to buy the gifts for the cousins and I need to buy a gift for my parents and my brother who isn't married.  Then they need to get wrapped.  I also need to start on the jello salad that is my food contribution.  It is red, white and green layered so it needs lots of time to set up.

I also need to continue practicing the songs for the church Christmas program.

And of course, all the usual things that have to be done around a home.  ;D

Today is the last day of school before Christmas break!  My children are excited.  Alex has his class party today and I will be going over to help.  Tonight Christie and I are going to see our local professional ballet company perform The Nutcracker.  We had been planning to see it anyway, then when I found out my best friend's daughter is in it, I made sure to buy tickets for one of the performances she will be in.  I am excited to see her!  I must remember to buy flowers for her.

Looks like today's going to be the last really clear day for awhile.  Snow is predicted starting Sunday.  Tomorrow will be mostly cloudy.

Hope you all have a great day!

Merilee 

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 09:18:38 AM »
Good morning, ladies!

We just got back from vacation last night so I am catching up today.  I left the laptop at home  ;)  Its nice to get away and relax but its always nice to get home.

Lots going on.  We have bought a home so we are going to have to start packing AND I am having my gallbladder removed after Christmas too so its going to be interesting with the packing and moving.  I have heard its not too bad on recovery time though so I think we will be fine.  Just can't lift over 30 pounds for 2 weeks which is a drag because I love my weightlifting class at the gym.  The surgeon said "you won't be lifting the couch when you move" and I said "I wouldn't be doing that any way! I have boys for that" LOLOL. 

Today, I am picking up my dogs from the kennel (I've missed my babies!), going to the chiropractor, to the gym and then shopping this evening for groceries and stocking stuffers.

Cheryl - the dollar store here has GIANT gift bags that your doll house may fit in.  They are big, plastic bags about the size of a big trash bag but now that I think about it.. they may be Christmas designs.

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 09:39:25 AM »
Good morning!

Got the kids off to their assorted schools, came home, made blondies for the youth group Christmas party tonight, then fixed myself scrambled eggs and a baked potato for breakfast.  It sounded good and I figured I will hike it off.  :D  My friend was driving her daughter to her granddaughter's appointment at 10, then we plan a shorter hike after.  I have to take our Sassy cat to the vet at 3:30 as she doesn't seem to be improving of her symptoms I took her in for last week.  She has always struggled with sinus issues, for years now, but is worse than ever.

This is the last day of school before Christmas break here so the parties at school are today.  Got the teacher gifts sent off so one thing out of the house.  Most of what we've bought is wrapped, aside from a couple things I have hidden for Earl.  Still haven't got an exact plan for our Christmas dinner.

Dinner tonight is homemade pizza for 5 of us, and the two older girls will eat at the youth group party.  I will put the crust dough ingredients in the breadmaker soon, and do my own gluten-free crust this afternoon.

Have a great day!
Catherine

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 06:15:31 PM »
It has been quite the day today. I took half day off to bring hubby to pain clinic for a cortisone shot in his spine. He hads back pain and was diagnosed with a disc bulge. We're thinking it is a result of a car accident 26 years ago which has been fine until about 2 years ago when the arthritis has set in and the cartilage has deteriorated. He limps a lot too so maybe this is the result. He is also getting scheduled for a hip replacement sometime early into the new year. Then I went to the dentist and now I'm waiting for my college kids to come home and I'm super worried because it has really started to snow a lot. 

We also had a homemade pizza for supper and it was more like a deep dish pizza but it was so good. I could only eat one slice because it was so hearty. We have to go out for breakfast with my family since it will be mom's and my brother's birthday on Christmas Eve and we always go out the Saturday before so that is tomorrow.

So this is the update from my family. Say a quick prayer for the kids and their safety as they make their way home tonight.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats