Author Topic: Friday, Dec. 9, 2016  (Read 1030 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Friday, Dec. 9, 2016
« on: December 09, 2016, 08:10:33 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!
Hope all is well in your neck of the woods!

We have gotten snow. Nothing like they were saying. I think the weather people just get a little over excited when a storm is coming in, and they kind of oversell it!  I was out last night and the roads were fine.  Seems okay today.

I am staying in today. Hubby is out of town for the day, but will be home for dinner.

Need to keep working on wrapping presents.  I want to get as much done as possible. I feel a little out of control with Christmas preparations this year. Like I really don't have a good handle on what I still need to get done.  My "focus on making lists" day didn't go as I had thought, so I still need to work on that a little bit too. 

I guess I have to adjust my attitude. I am not stressing at all over anything. (which is good, I guess). But, I also am letting myself kind of off the hook. My attitude has been very "meh - I don't feel like it".  In the past, I have always just done it anyway. These days, I am more like "don't feel like it -- then, don't do it"!  (Not helpful in getting things accomplished!!)

Hope you all are getting things done on your lists!

I need to figure out what is for dinner.  Pasta kind of sounds good. I know I have everything I would need for that at least!

Have a beautiful day!!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Friday, Dec. 9, 2016
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 08:57:07 AM »
Good morning!

Gray day out there.  It's rained already and supposed to rain again.

I've put off shopping for groceries for one reason or another and now I really need to go.  Fridays are early out for school so when I go pick up Nathan from school, we'll then go shopping.  Both Alex and Nathan NEED new jeans.  The jeans they had at the beginning of the school year were fine so I didn't buy more but Alex's have gotten holes and Nathan's outgrown his. 

I'll probably be out and about most of the afternoon as I have some errands to do, including buying a wedding gift for a wedding reception tonight.

Dinner tonight is pork chops, roasted brussels sprouts, mushroom rice, and fruit.  I've never roasted brussels sprouts before--any tips or hints?

Have a fabulous weekend!

#LightTheWorld Day 9:  Jesus visited the lonely and so can we.  Lots of great ideas at mormon.org. 
Day 10:  Interesting one.  Jesus helped people walk and so can we.  Again, ideas at mormon.org
Day 11: Jesus ministered to children and so can we.  I love this one.

Merilee

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 11:56:25 AM »
Not much going here either!

I have a pretty empty  refrigerator but last night at the food pantry there was plenty of veggies and we were asked to take some home. So I have enough fresh veggies for the week. I'll be out of town M-W but hubby can fend for himself. I'm planning a stay at home weekend if at all possible. Hopefully the weather will be kind. 

I don't have a ton of chores this weekend so maybe I can just watch a few movies. I have some laundry (not much since only two of us) and I will need to make dinner tonight and meals for Sat. and Sun. but I have all kinds of pantry stuff.

That's it for this boring gal!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Rooney

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 11:59:36 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!
Hope all is well in your neck of the woods!

We have gotten snow. Nothing like they were saying. I think the weather people just get a little over excited when a storm is coming in, and they kind of oversell it!  I was out last night and the roads were fine.  Seems okay today.

I am staying in today. Hubby is out of town for the day, but will be home for dinner.

Need to keep working on wrapping presents.  I want to get as much done as possible. I feel a little out of control with Christmas preparations this year. Like I really don't have a good handle on what I still need to get done.  My "focus on making lists" day didn't go as I had thought, so I still need to work on that a little bit too. 

I guess I have to adjust my attitude. I am not stressing at all over anything. (which is good, I guess). But, I also am letting myself kind of off the hook. My attitude has been very "meh - I don't feel like it".  In the past, I have always just done it anyway. These days, I am more like "don't feel like it -- then, don't do it"!  (Not helpful in getting things accomplished!!)

Hope you all are getting things done on your lists!

I need to figure out what is for dinner.  Pasta kind of sounds good. I know I have everything I would need for that at least!

Have a beautiful day!!
Pam

Pam, I have had the same "don't feel like it" thing goin' on!  Seems like after I get all the regular stuff done for the day, I am too tired for the extra projects and time that getting reading for Christmas entails.  I guess it is going to come down to getting one thing done a day for a while.  Guess I had better, cause Christmas is coming where I am ready for it or not. :)  Oh, and the list making -that is a whole other thing.  I make list after list and I seem to keep losing the lists!  Gotta get it in gear! 

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 12:29:13 PM »
Glad I'm not the only one Lindsay!  ;)

Alice: Enjoy your weekend of relaxation! Will be waiting to hear how you Mom's appointment goes next week. Good luck with that!

Keep at it girls -- we can do this!!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25