Author Topic: Friday, February 10  (Read 857 times)

Offline Cheryl

Friday, February 10
« on: February 10, 2017, 05:48:15 AM »
Good morning!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Cheryl

Re: Friday, February 10
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 06:02:57 AM »
I am enjoying my first cup of coffee in my quiet house.  I know in just a few minutes everything will change when I have to get Emily started on her schoolwork.  My husband has been off work all week, and while it's been nice to have the extra time together, it also means we're without a paycheck this week.

After last weekend's happening with having one of our cats euthanized, we came home to another one injured on Wednesday.  We carried him to the vet and he has been there since.  He is old enough to be neutered so we had that done while he was there recovering from his leg injury and will pick him up today.  Definitely not a good time for vet bills, but we have to do it.

I plan on having a quiet weekend at home.  I will probably keep my grandson tomorrow while Emily goes to the circus with my oldest daughter and my granddaughter.  Logan is 7, but has autism and would not enjoy the circus at all.  We will hang out here and play.

The only other thing I have planned is more reading and making some grab-and-go foods for the freezer, such as bean and cheese quesadillas, muffins for a quick breakfast, etc.

Have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 06:36:31 AM »
Oh, no not again. Poor little kitty. I hope he will be OK.

I also have to make some food options. We are the kind of family that needs to have prepared and ready to eat options in the fridge at all times. We are on different schedules so we don't eat together so having a meal ready to heat in the microwave is the best option for us. Last night there were no leftovers and I had my volunteer night and didn't have time to make anything after work and before my volunteer time so neither one of us had supper last night. We just went to bed on empty tummy's but I'm OK with that as long as we don't do it regularly. I probably should do some breakfast burritos in the freezer and maybe some waffles or something. We did have some bread but it's almost gone so we didn't want to eat that last night because we needed breakfast and lunch for today.

I will work on bread tonight and tomorrow. I put together a no knead dough this morning and will make some french bread tomorrow. I'll probably do a pot of spaghetti and beef barley soup that never got made this week even though it was on the agenda. The kids will be home Sunday I think so maybe I'll make kousa mahshi. We'll see how the plan works.

Cleaning and laundry is also on the agenda. With just the two of us it takes a while to get enough laundry for a load so we do a load or two on Saturdays. I've been dusting a bit this week but I think I'll tackle some more tomorrow morning. Maybe I'll even do that tonight.

Not much else for me.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 07:33:44 AM »
Good Morning Ladies.

Getting a late start again today.  Hubs slept in a little this morning.  Usually he is up by 5-ish, and then I can roll over and get some good sleep. So, this morning he didn't get up until 7.  I did sleep a little bit more, but knew I needed to get up and get moving.  So, I am dragging a little bit.  It will be fine, just taking a little longer to get fully awake.

He is gone now for and had to go up north to record his radio show.  He is suppose to be home by 4.  We are meeting up with some friends and going to a concert.  A good friend of ours is in a band that was really popular in the 90's.  The Verve Pipe.  They had a couple major hits back in the day.  We have known them forever, so when they perform around here, we usually try to go.  A new concert venue has opened in town,  and they are playing there, so we are headed down to check it out.  We are planning on going out for dinner pre-show.  Not sure if our friends will be able to join us, but we are hoping so.

My day is mostly going to be laundry.  I only have a few loads, probably 3.  One colors, one lights and a load of towels usually is all I need to do in a week or so.  With hubby running regularly, I do end up with a little more to do, but not too bad.  I remember the days when I would have to do 8 or 9 loads a week minimum when everyone was home.  These days I have to remind myself to do laundry!  Such changes in our lives! 

It is starting to warm up a tiny bit.  I was thinking we were going to have a real warm up, but maybe not.  At least we aren't still in single or negative digits.  I'll take what I can get!!

Hope your kitty heals ok Cheryl.
Hope your kitchen adventures are productive this weekend Alice!

Take Care Ladies!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25