Author Topic: Thursday, April 28, 2016  (Read 761 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Thursday, April 28, 2016
« on: April 28, 2016, 06:01:01 AM »
Good rainy morning.

Where has April gone? It has been a month that has literally flown by. We've been so busy that I haven't really lived much of this month.

It is going to rain all day today but nothing terrible or dangerous. That's OK since I put down my fertilizer on Tuesday morning (I think). It needed 24 hours to adhere to the weed leaves but got nearly 48 hours so that's good, now it can rain for the fertilizer part to work its magic.

We've been just slowly living and rehabilitating but all has been going very well. I work all day while hubby stays home and putters, exercises and walks. I come home and make a simple meal and go for a quick walk before daughter comes home from work and then we eat. After dinner, we go for another walk, then help hubby with a shower, watch a few of our favorite tv shows then go to bed. Getting lots of sleep right now for hubby which is good for him.

Dinners are whatever I can dream up during the day. Sunday was roasted chicken and home fries, Monday was chicken noodle soup, Tuesday was chicken rollups, Wednesday was pork stir fry and rice, tonight will be leftovers.

I've been doing all the yard work and since I know how to run all the equipment that is not a problem for me. My dad was a lawn and garden center owner when I was a child and he fixed mowers and sold all kinds of anything lawn and mower related I kind of know my way around a yard and garden. I worked for him for many years but he's been retired for over 20 years and I haven't worked in a garden center for that same amount of time either but some stuff sticks with you. The smell of a lawn and garden center just makes me very happy and so does the first lawn mowing smell of the year.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Thursday, April 28, 2016
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 10:59:15 AM »
Good morning!

It's been a busy week.  Only 2 days left in April!

Today I'm pretty much just going to catch up on stuff.  Weather is looking gloomy and rainy so not much will get done outside.  Laundry, ironing, house pickup, organizing, men planning, figuring out ways to use up stuff in the fridge so I can give it a good cleaning before restocking. 

Waiting for the twins to arrive.  Also have football carpool this afternoon.  Younger boys are supposed to have soccer practice tonight but we'll see.

Not sure what dinner is yet.

Merilee

Offline wrancher

Re: Thursday, April 28, 2016
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 03:56:45 PM »
I agree! The days are flying by. I am in for 15 minutes of computer time before I head back out to spray paint bottom panel on horse trailer. I just went and power washed it and am letting it dry. I need to go put tape on so I don't go out of lines. Easier to keep up some these jobs before they get to big and we would have to pay to have it sand blasted. I painted our loading chute this year too. Trying to get some of these projects done during a slower time. When kids get home they need to do some cow chores and I will have them take chick feed down to barn. I thought they would come in tomorrow but now it is next week. ugh  I need to go down to college and get Megan. Her last class is Monday. I might see if Ross and I could leave Monday night. Drive at least 4 hrs that night.  Then the next morning we could go load her and drive home. Just 1 way is about 6 hrs. ugh  So just 12 hrs of just driving time doesn't give us enough time to pack and do the last cleanup.  We are suppose to have crappy weather this weekend so wanted to be home.  The other day I said that it was raining well that quickly changed to wet heavy snow.  I am so ready for summer. We need the moisture but man it makes it challenging to calves in. Ross brought in a wet muddy calf this morning.  We started drying it with blow dryers but I decided I better just get warm water and start washing it off. We were able to take it back out to his mom and it looks to be fine now. Well kids should be getting here better get list ready. So glad it is our weekend. Love the 4 day school week. They have 12 days left! YEAH!!! I am ready for some extra help but they will be off at brandings for a while. I get my bountiful basket tomorrow, Yeah!

Tea time'
Janice